PDA

View Full Version : Union Hockey Official off Season Thread: Can U Three Peat?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25

rdf8585
09-08-2013, 12:36 AM
Ex-Union D Ryan Forgaard got out of his contract with Drakkars of the French Elite League. Signed there in June. May end up in ECHL.

sk8tronthepond
09-08-2013, 12:53 PM
Its not true

Good news. It made it's way through hockey circles........signing would have been a mistake!

rdf8585
09-08-2013, 04:55 PM
2 more assists for Scarfo today.

Scarfo has 2 G, 3 A in his first two regular season games with Powell River.

rdf8585
09-08-2013, 05:46 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>2015 <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23UnionHockey&amp;src=hash">#UnionHockey</a> recruit Joe Young stopped 18-of-20 shots but got the L as the <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23USPHL&amp;src=hash">#USPHL</a> Flyers fell 3-1 to Portland Jr Pirates yesterday</p>&mdash; Union Hockey News (@unionhockeynews) <a href="https://twitter.com/unionhockeynews/statuses/376823442240053249">September 8, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Dutchfan
09-08-2013, 10:42 PM
Scarfo picked up two more assists in today's game, and currently leads the BCHL in scoring after two games.

I found a great blog for the Powell River Kings blog here, lots of stuff about Scarfo over the first couple of pages.

http://kingsofthecastle.wordpress.com/

Wholin1
09-09-2013, 12:20 PM
Are they having an open scrimmage this year? Last year they couldn't because of the early game.I've heard unofficially that one may be scheduled for October 5th. Stay tuned.

GameOn
09-09-2013, 02:08 PM
2014 recruit Ryan Scarfo with 3 points (2 G, 1 A) through 2 periods in Powell River's season opener tonight.

Update: No hat trick for Scarfo, ends with the 3 points. Still a heck of a regular season debut.

This is of course good to see. However, I will be even happier to see him stay healthy all season following the shoulder issues from last year.

rdf8585
09-09-2013, 10:20 PM
I've heard unofficially that one may be scheduled for October 5th. Stay tuned.

That would be great. Could do it before or after the women's hockey game that day (4 pm) ... maybe get some people in the stands for them.

Wicked Slappaahs
09-09-2013, 11:33 PM
Why was he looking to move on? My thoughts on the Boyle departure:
1)The timing smells -- if it was "well known all summer" that he wasn't returning, why is it just now announced by the school?
2)Bennett's terse, robotic "we don't comment" comment. (If it was a mutual decision, they would've mustered some kind of positive well wishing comment)
3)Up until Friday, Boyle's Twitter feed listed "Union Class of '16" (now since been changed). If he "knew all summer" that he wasn't returning, he sure as **** would've updated his Twitter info
4) He leaves one of the top ECAC programs in September to play in the freakin' re-named EJHL ?? C'mon. If he knew all summer that he was leaving, his advisor (and Ottawa) would've found a better place for him to play.

I wish the kid well, but there's a story that hasn't been told. I'm sure Schottskie has been digging.

Hokydad
09-10-2013, 08:11 AM
My thoughts on the Boyle departure:
1)The timing smells -- if it was "well known all summer" that he wasn't returning, why is it just now announced by the school?
2)Bennett's terse, robotic "we don't comment" comment. (If it was a mutual decision, they would've mustered some kind of positive well wishing comment)
3)Up until Friday, Boyle's Twitter feed listed "Union Class of '16" (now since been changed). If he "knew all summer" that he wasn't returning, he sure as **** would've updated his Twitter info
4) He leaves one of the top ECAC programs in September to play in the freakin' re-named EJHL ?? C'mon. If he knew all summer that he was leaving, his advisor (and Ottawa) would've found a better place for him to play.

I wish the kid well, but there's a story that hasn't been told. I'm sure Schottskie has been digging.

He can dig all he wants
Union has to much class to divulge why a student did not return to school. These are kids and not pro athletes.
You can tell an answer is robotic and terse from reading it?

What should he have done, said it and than winked and said meet me by the football field after the interview and I will whisper to you what happened.

No different than any college kid, he deserves his privacy. If he wants to tell people he will. End result, it was factored in early summer and team prepared accordingly. All good orgs look forward, Union is no differs t

hockeymascot
09-10-2013, 08:44 AM

Mindless drivel at best!! :)

GameOn
09-10-2013, 10:31 AM
The last thing I'll say on the Boyle departure is that we're in a better position today with the incoming recruits and the returnees (counting Vasaturo, Bodie, Ghost) than with Boyle. He wouldn't have played much and had a long way to go. I think he saw that and decided a better route for ice time and development was elsewhere. Good luck to him and on with the season!

johnk
09-10-2013, 10:50 AM

There is not really much more to it. Hoky is half right. It was well known that he would not be playing hockey for Union THIS YEAR. It was just recently decided that he would not be returning to U. Issues are private and should be left that way.

Wholin1
09-10-2013, 11:02 AM
I think we should just wish Tim well and let it rest.

Wicked Slappaahs
09-10-2013, 01:01 PM
[QUOTE=johnk;5768012]There is not really much more to it. Hoky is half right... QUOTE] That's better than his usual batting average. As I said before, I wish the kid luck. Enjoy your new friend HD !

FlagDUDE08
09-10-2013, 01:19 PM

And here I thought the whole "no comment" thing was just Leaman.

Wholin1
09-10-2013, 09:11 PM
And here I thought the whole "no comment" thing was just Leaman.No comment

rdf8585
09-10-2013, 11:16 PM
Hockey taking ex-Union defenseman Greg Coburn around the globe:

http://bit.ly/17P54vg

rdf8585
09-10-2013, 11:45 PM
3 questions with Jeremy Welsh (from Raleigh News & Observer)

http://t.co/sV7rRu66bq

rdf8585
09-12-2013, 12:54 PM
Can you name the top scorer on the Union Hockey team in each of the past 10 yrs?

Take an interactive timed quiz:

http://bit.ly/18XlZcj