Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union Hockey Official off Season Thread: Can U Three Peat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union Hockey Official off Season Thread: Can U Three Peat?

Comment

Originally posted by rdf8585 View Post

Hey we both gained 10 lbs this summer!

Comment

Big honor for former Union forward Doug Christiansen (1998-2002) ...

http://unionhockeynews.blogspot.com/...t-britain.html

Anyone remember him?

Comment

Did anyone look over the final NCAA Stats for 2012-2013?

Union Power Play - #1
          Union Team Defense - #6
          Union Penalty Kill - #7
          Goal Tending - #16

A real team effort .... down the stretch all defense combined with the emergence of offense. Everybody contributing .... no superstars, selfless play. That is also a sign of great coaching. I just don't see us being able to recover from the graduation losses. The win against BC will be one for the record books.
          Last edited by Dutchman; 07-28-2013, 09:05 PM.
          DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
          DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
            Did anyone look over the final NCAA Stats for 2012-2013?

Union Power Play - #1
            Union Team Defense - #6
            Union Penalty Kill - #7
            Goal Tending - #16

A real team effort .... down the stretch all defense combined with the emergence of offense. Everybody contributing .... no superstars, selfless play. That is also a sign of great coaching. I just don't see us being able to recover from the graduation losses. The win against BC will be one for the record books.
            Starting with Nate Leaman and continuing with Rick Bennett, the Union coaching staff has been very good at developing and getting the most they could out of the talent they have. I would expect this trend to continue. Whether that will be enough to stay on the current roll, is anyone's guess but Bennett and staff will get the biggest bang for the buck that they can.

Comment

Jooris has signed with Calgary according to Ken Schott.

Great news for Josh, but terrible timing for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchfan View Post
                Jooris has signed with Calgary according to Ken Schott.

Great news for Josh, but terrible timing for us.
                ..... http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Todd-...ooris/178/5310
                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Devastating is the word that comes to mind.

Losing a player of this caliber -- he would have likely joined the 100 point club this year -- is hard enough. Losing him so late in the offseason is even harder.

"It's the one thing we talked about to our players early in the season at our opening meeting and at the end of the season to wrap it up," head coach Rick Bennett said in April. "Give us a chance to go out there and give us a chance to find a replacement for anyone leaving this program... not that we want to, but we have to be prepared."

Gone are four of last year's top 5 scorers. Only Carr remains.

I didn't see this coming.
                  Last edited by rdf8585; 07-30-2013, 01:19 PM.

Comment

....do you think this opens up the possibility of Hynes or Pontarelli coming one year sooner?
                    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                      ....do you think this opens up the possibility of Hynes or Pontarelli coming one year sooner?
                      As far as I know, Hynes was already scheduled to come this year.

I haven't heard anything on Pontrarelli since he announced his intentions to play another year in Cornwall.

Comment

As far as I know, Hynes is already supposed to be coming this year.

I haven't heard anything on Pontrarelli since he announced his intentions to play another year in Cornwall.
                        ...my bad about Tyler, I just saw on Heisenberg he's this year.

Comment

Devastating is the word that comes to mind.

Losing a player of this caliber -- he would have likely joined the 100 point club this year -- is hard enough. Losing him so late in the offseason is even harder.

"It's the one thing we talked about to our players early in the season at our opening meeting and at the end of the season to wrap it up," head coach Rick Bennett said in April. "Give us a chance to go out there and give us a chance to find a replacement for anyone leaving this program... not that we want to, but we have to be prepared."

Gone are four of last year's top 5 scorers. Only Carr remains.

I didn't see this coming.
                          The offer likely came as a result of his performance at their camp, so there probably wasn't the option of giving Bennett much if/any notice. Good for the kid...I wont miss him though.
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Just spoke with Rick Bennett about the Josh Jooris signing. Will have more later.

Comment

Just spoke with Rick Bennett about the Josh Jooris signing. Will have more later.
                              2 year, 2 way deal.

Comment

Jooris signs with Flames: http://unionhockeynews.blogspot.com/...or-flames.html

While Bennett had nothing but good things to say about Jooris, he admitted "the timing absolutely stinks."

He added, "I wish I could sugarcoat it, but it stinks. It's awful tough to replace a player at this time, never mind one of your best players."

Comment

Working...
                                X