PDA

View Full Version : Gwoz Resigns from DU?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

bigblue_dl
04-05-2013, 04:35 PM
You seem to be a little obsessed with DU, so I thought you might want to talk about your own program for a change. But I guess not.

My team didn't just unexpectedly fire its coach.... In case you didn't notice, this is a big story for all of college hockey, not just your precious club of 5 DU fans.

Biddco
04-05-2013, 04:37 PM
Well, during Final Fives where Denver is present and Michigan Tech is not, there are more likely more Michigan Tech fans in the Xcel.

Usually there are six Tech Fans and like four DU fans. Huge difference .

Dirty
04-05-2013, 04:40 PM

Well it is 50% more, so it kind of is a pretty big difference.

Pablo
04-05-2013, 04:41 PM
Well, during Final Fives where Denver is present and Michigan Tech is not, there are more likely more Michigan Tech fans in the Xcel.
I don't know about that, as I have never attended a Final Five. Oh wait, that proves your point! Shoot, I got trapped into that one.

Yep, Denver fans don't seem to travel in large numbers to anything but Frozen Fours. Something about long distances...Denver, you know, is way out here. Personally, I prefer to save my hockey traveling for trips to Frozen Fours. "DU hockey: not cooperating with my travel plans since 2005."

bigblue_dl
04-05-2013, 04:42 PM
Usually there are six Tech Fans and like four DU fans. Huge difference .4 DU fans? I've never seen that many.

bunt_q
04-05-2013, 04:54 PM

And that couldn't be because of, well:

Houghton, MI - St. Paul, MN: 361 miles
Denver, CO - St. Paul, MN: 919 miles

Meaning, Denver is 2.5 times farther away...

Also, maybe because the unemployment rate (as of January 2013) is 2 points higher (26-percent higher) in the Houghton ÁSA than it is in the Denver MSA. So in other words, we have to work for a living. So that our federal taxes can support Tech fans' welfare-financed trips to the Final Five.

thetruthhurts
04-05-2013, 05:00 PM
Soph Mayfield is on his way out. Possible back lash from the Gwoz firing?

Who's next?

Pablo
04-05-2013, 05:05 PM

Who's next?
No, this isn't because of a backlash. I don't think any DU fans expected Mayfield to come back--2nd round pick, big body, seems to have kind of plateaued in his development in college. I would have been pretty shocked if he stayed for another season.

As to who is next: Nick Shore. Again, no fallout issues there. His brother left early, and is in the NHL. I would expect Nick to do the same (but without the playing in the NHL part).

du78
04-05-2013, 05:09 PM

Who's next?

He signed https://twitter.com/StapeNewsday/status/320270114396180480

No way, Islanders publicly said several weeks ago they wanted to sign him when his season was over. I'd put Nick at 50/50 with LA. LA really wants to sign Forbort of UND which sound like it is happening.

Biddco
04-05-2013, 05:36 PM
4 DU fans? I've never seen that many.You've got to walk around the X and look for them like I do.

Well it is 50% more, so it kind of is a pretty big difference.I guess. It is so much smaller than our fanbases are used to however.

Shirtless Guy
04-05-2013, 05:43 PM
You've got to walk around the X and look for them like I do.

I guess. It is so much smaller than our fanbases are used to however.6 mtu fans? You personally know 6 mtu fans who attend the F5, there are others.

Shirtless Guy
04-05-2013, 05:43 PM
Subscribe

Biddco
04-05-2013, 06:02 PM
6 mtu fans? You personally know 6 mtu fans who attend the F5, there are others.Actually I could only come up with 3 that I knew at this years Final Five. Unless you count Brent. Which arguabley could. I don't count me. And then I added a few extras for you guys.

Shirtless Guy
04-05-2013, 06:14 PM
Actually I could only come up with 3 that I knew at this years Final Five. Unless you count Brent. Which arguabley could. I don't count me. And then I added a few extras for you guys.

Bbdl, me, meanie, Yager, boosh, yagers buddy.

manurespreader
04-05-2013, 06:24 PM
And that couldn't be because of, well:
Also, maybe because the unemployment rate (as of January 2013) is 2 points higher (26-percent higher) in the Houghton ÁSA than it is in the Denver MSA. So in other words, we have to work for a living. So that our federal taxes can support Tech fans' welfare-financed trips to the Final Five.
So what you are saying is that even though people in Denver work for a living, Far fewer of them go to games than those people from Houghton who don't.
ummm. Well maybe, but I doubt seriously that anyone unemployed can afford to go to any games. Tech's or anyone else's.

Tipsy McStagger
04-05-2013, 06:30 PM

DU is claiming all the people who didn't wear team apparel.

SteveP
04-05-2013, 08:51 PM
That's actually the exact opposite of truth, unless you're only talking about the view from the city. CS is my home, and no doubt Pikes Peak is a better view to wake up to than anything visible from Denver. But the mountains west of the Springs have no depth - it's just the Pikes Peak massif - whereas the bulk of the central mountains are immediately west of Denver. In terms of recreation opportunities, spectacular sights, etc., sadly Denver kicks CS's arse. Of course, you would have to leave the city to know that.

Having lived in CS I couldn't agree more. Being a skier, Denver would have been the place to live, but being a sports reporter, living in the Springs was Nirvana. Either way, the weather there is better than here in Hockey Valley! ;)

MavsFan
04-06-2013, 01:00 AM
6 mtu fans? You personally know 6 mtu fans who attend the F5, there are others.Heck, there are more Tech fans that show up at Mankato games; why wouldn't they go to the F5?

state of hockey
04-06-2013, 01:11 AM
Bbdl, me, meanie, Yager, boosh, yagers buddy.

Darkness, even though he was in Michigan gear.

The Rube
04-06-2013, 01:15 AM
Considering Houghton is a desolate place, 2500 is quite the draw. 4K is a landmark. Denver, on the other hand, is a metropolis that doesn't care about their hockey team. Yes, I've visited both cities many times, and know people who live in said cities. You cannot compare the two.