PDA

View Full Version : Gwoz Resigns from DU?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Timothy A
04-01-2013, 03:31 PM
He's just freeing himself up in case his dream job opens up. ;)

Holy crap. What a development.

BA has one of his underlings contact Gwoz's agent, drops a subtle hint. Gwoz is bored with DU, been there a long time, knows b6 is the bigtime, he wants to coach UW before he retires, he jumps at the chance to coach there. So Gwoz is unemployed a few weeks, BA does his due dilligence knowing he's gonna hire Gwoz, then hires him. Book it.

Timothy A
04-01-2013, 03:33 PM
He was forced out according to Mike Chambers for lack of success in the NCAA's. What a joke.

This can't be true, he gets them there almost every year. It could be ALOT worse.

Gurtholfin
04-01-2013, 03:37 PM
Eh, what was I thinking (hoping)?

We're not in the market for a new coach and hockey won't even cross Barry's mind again until October and then it will only annoy him coz someone will want a statement on excitement for the BTHC starting and it will be during football season.

Stauber1
04-01-2013, 03:37 PM
He was forced out according to Mike Chambers for lack of success in the NCAA's. What a joke.

If that's true, it would be jaw-dropping.

Someone out there is going to be getting a **** good coach for next year.
I really hope it isn't Wisconsin.

FlagDUDE08
04-01-2013, 03:41 PM

Now I'm starting to wonder, what with today being April 1st...

RinkPig
04-01-2013, 03:43 PM
Norway Teauge we know you can't convince a decent bouncy ball coach to come to the U.
But, this one should be a Slam Dunk....Fly to Denver and bring this man to DinkyTown and pay him like DU should have!!

Lucia can't motivate! Can you imagine Gwoz cherry picking the best MN recruits and mixing in his connections for the top USA and Canuck kids? We would never lose again! Hire the man!

Dirty
04-01-2013, 03:45 PM
Norway Teauge we know you can't convince a decent bouncy ball coach to come to the U.
But, this one should be a Slam Dunk....Fly to Denver and bring this man to DinkyTown and pay him like DU should have!!

Lucia can't motivate! Can you imagine Gwoz cherry picking the best MN recruits and mixing in his connections for the top USA and Canuck kids? We would never lose again! Hire the man!

Minnesota would have to resort to hiring a Canadian to win something.

Flashy Man
04-01-2013, 03:46 PM
Best move, CC fires Scott Owen, hires Gwozdecky.

DisplacedCornellian
04-01-2013, 03:46 PM

Lack of success in the NCAA's? What...this year?

My sources tell me Jerry York is on the chopping block at BC for similar reasons.

Jeebus.

Fighting Sioux 23
04-01-2013, 03:48 PM
Lack of success in the NCAA's? What...this year?

My sources tell me Jerry York is on the chopping block at BC for similar reasons.

Jeebus.

FWIW, Gwoz was 1-6 since winning it all in '05.

York only 18-4 in that time frame. :p:D:D

Tipsy McStagger
04-01-2013, 03:49 PM
This can't be true, he gets them there almost every year. It could be ALOT worse.
Right. Aside from BC, no one has had DU's success over the past 10 years.

Stauber1
04-01-2013, 03:51 PM

Not a chance in Hell he goes to CC.

Then again, if you asked me a couple hours ago I would have told you Gwozdecky had one of the most secure jobs in all of college hockey...so who knows

Seawolf Fan
04-01-2013, 03:52 PM
Wisconsin fires Eaves and Gwoz steps in. The fit is great. Gwoz doesn't have to face his old team and he's now in the bigs with a nearly limitless budget. I see it happening.

Wicked Slappaahs
04-01-2013, 03:52 PM
As I wrote on ATDU thread, incredibly dumb move....a la the Howland firing at UCLA. All these guys did was win a boat loads of games and regularly competed in NCAA's...clean programs, good kids, won armloads of games and both get canned. W T F. If DU hits the skids, Pio fans will know who to blame.

Tipsy McStagger
04-01-2013, 03:53 PM
Yeah, I am waiting for the latest appearance of Lack of SuCCess.

duper
04-01-2013, 03:53 PM
I thought he wasn't offered it, hence the saying that "Wisconsin had their chance" or something to that effect.My understanding was that they approached him, and he said he wasn't interested.

In any case, Mike Chambers is now saying that Gwoz was fired. (I guess I'm slow on the draw on that one.)

TUSCHWI
04-01-2013, 03:55 PM
Might already be in the works. The next 24-48 will be telling.

Barry may not be a hockey guy, but he's a $ guy and the attendance issues must be on his mind.

Agreed. I don't think you're off your rocker...BA has to at least be thinking about it.

Stauber1
04-01-2013, 03:56 PM
Wisconsin fires Eaves and Gwoz steps in. The fit is great. Gwoz doesn't have to face his old team and he's now in the bigs with a nearly limitless budget. I see it happening.

Then CC can fire Owens and hire Eaves, and UAA can hire Owens. It's all falling into place! :D:p

But this still doesn't answer the biggest question: who the **** is DU going to hire that can top Gwozdecky's ability?

Twitch Boy
04-01-2013, 03:58 PM
Then CC can fire Owens and hire Eaves, and UAA can hire Owens. It's all falling into place! :D:p

But this still doesn't answer the biggest question: who the **** is DU going to hire that can top Gwozdecky's ability?

Dave Shyiak *runs*

bigblue_dl
04-01-2013, 03:58 PM
Haha! Awesome! Couldn't happen to a bigger d-bag!