PDA

View Full Version : Gwoz Resigns from DU?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

DoubleA
04-02-2013, 07:50 PM
Little sensitive tonight? Give me a break, I just stated the obvious in that the team hasn't exactly excelled in the past several post seasons and that the AD wants things to change. If that gets your panties in such a bunch, I suggest you take up a new hobby!
I don't care. I'm not even a DU fan but this thread on the (former) coach is great. I'm just stunned by the move to can Gwoz, when Abbott can't even muster up the stones to send Whitehead to Siberia or preferably further.

buoldtimer
04-02-2013, 07:58 PM
Hmm... So it isn't just DU fans that think this guy's a troll.

He's a member of a group of morons who think Jerry York's accomplishments make them hockey experts.

carltonbarrett
04-02-2013, 07:59 PM
Do you realize how petty you guys sound? This ALL started a couple months back when I had the "nerve" to question DU fans about the teams lofty ranking. In the end, I was right but for some reason I'm a troll for asking valid questions. As for bothering other school's fans, I'm sorry for posting on BC's arch rivals BU's thread and for having a few laughs with Maine fans who are the most self deprecating bunch on the board. It's a college hockey message board, take a deep breath and chill out.

carltonbarrett
04-02-2013, 08:01 PM
I don't care. I'm not even a DU fan but this thread on the (former) coach is great. I'm just stunned by the move to can Gwoz, when Abbott can't even muster up the stones to send Whitehead to Siberia or preferably further.

Agree with you 110%, anyone with half a brain would realize Whitehead is not the answer up in Orono.

wasmania
04-02-2013, 08:09 PM
Do you realize how petty you guys sound? This ALL started a couple months back when I had the "nerve" to question DU fans about the teams lofty ranking. In the end, I was right but for some reason I'm a troll for asking valid questions. As for bothering other school's fans, I'm sorry for posting on BC's arch rivals BU's thread and for having a few laughs with Maine fans who are the most self deprecating bunch on the board. It's a college hockey message board, take a deep breath and chill out. jdubbs ?

dubbie31
04-02-2013, 08:18 PM
I know Tech has experience with 4 win seasons, but that chit is not happening here...

I would not be surprised to see a down turn in form for a little while though. It won't be as bad as what Tech has gone through of course, but we may go through some rough times.

DoubleA
04-02-2013, 08:20 PM
Agree with you 110%, anyone with half a brain would realize Whitehead is not the answer up in Orono.
Thank you for a lucid observation. Now can you help get rid of him as easily as DU dumped Gwozdecky?

And now let's hear from the Cheerleader's:
CARL-ton BAR-rett..... DA-DA ..... DA-DA-DA
CARL-ton BAR-rett..... DA-DA ..... DA-DA DA

dubbie31
04-02-2013, 08:21 PM
Thank you for a lucid observation. Now can you help get rid of him as easily as DU dumped Gwoznecky?

And now let's hear from the Cheerleader's:
CARL-ton BAR-rett DA-DA DA-DA-DA
CARL-ton BAR-rett DA-DA DA-DA DA

Knowing our luck, Whitehead will be introduced next week as Denver's new HC.

carltonbarrett
04-02-2013, 08:23 PM
Hey, I was the one that came up with the phrase "TIMMAY TIME" about 7 years ago, so you're preaching to the choir :-)

carltonbarrett
04-02-2013, 08:23 PM
knowing our luck, whitehead will be introduced next week as denver's new hc.

lol....

carltonbarrett
04-02-2013, 08:24 PM
What about Blais.

dubbie31
04-02-2013, 08:26 PM
What about Blais.

I'd take him, but why would he leave UNO for a school that shows the lack of loyalty that Denver just did?

Blais has a great history of building teams, coaching up players.

DoubleA
04-02-2013, 08:34 PM
I'd take him, but why would he leave UNO for a school that shows the lack of loyalty that Denver just did?

Why did Blais leave No Dak after going 30-8-3 in 2003-04 and a great 10-year run there? I'm not up on my No Dak hockey history.

dubbie31
04-02-2013, 08:35 PM
Why did Blais leave No Dak after going 30-8-3 in 2003-04 and a great 10-year run there? I'm not up on my No Dak hockey history.

I think he joined the Columbus Blue Jackets for a while.

carltonbarrett
04-02-2013, 08:36 PM
He's got a hell of a lot better chance in getting back to the top at DU than at UNO.

Chris
04-02-2013, 08:37 PM

After thinking about it, I really hope we could land Troy Ward.

I'm pretty sure if I were in a position to do it I would place a call to gauge his potential interest.

His credentials are impeccable and he told me, back when he was here under Serratore, how much he liked the city of Denver.

Chris
04-02-2013, 08:38 PM
I think he joined the Columbus Blue Jackets for a while.

Associate head coach there...

dubbie31
04-02-2013, 08:41 PM
Associate head coach there...

That's what I thought.

duper
04-02-2013, 08:42 PM
This ALL started a couple months back when I had the "nerve" to question DU fans about the teams lofty ranking. In the end, I was right but for some reason I'm a troll for asking valid questions.What I love is that, in your mind, this is probably actually how it went. :) Good times. I have a question. Did you ever ask those same questions about BC? I'll bet you didn't (even though they obviously turned out to be overrated as well). Because, while you were right (which almost every single DU poster acknowledged at the time, I might add) you were obviously asking the question in a very antagonistic way.

bigblue_dl
04-02-2013, 08:58 PM
bbdl is doing the same thing, but he is not nearly as big an a-hole as youI take offense to that. I'd like to believe that I'm every bit as big of an a-hole as Donald.