No announcement yet.

Who will be the 2013 National Champion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will be the 2013 National Champion?

My pick.. the St Cloud State Huskies.

i have not had a chance to watch this team all year.. did catch them today - the Miami game.. holy cow!.. they can move the puck!.. & how... exceptional passing..
    so, that is my pick.

Of course, i'd be just as happy with UML, Q, or Ylae..

Someone is going to be First time National Champion.. what fun.. what fun!

go..
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Re: Who will be the 2013 National Champion?

UMass

Comment

St. Cloud State
      Originally posted by CavalryNate
      Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
      sigpic

Comment

I really think that picking, or at least feeling any degree of confidence in the pick, is foolish this year. I agree that it should be a really fun Frozen Four. And while I'm sure there are those who disagree with me, I think it's great for the sport.Part of me would like to see St. Cloud win for conference solidarity. Part of me would like to see Quinnipiac win because what the hell. I don't think I will be particularly rooting for anyone in any of the games. And I think it will be great to see some school win their first ever NCAA men's hockey championship.

Comment

Ylae*

Comment

Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
              I really think that picking, or at least feeling any degree of confidence in the pick, is foolish this year. I agree that it should be a really fun Frozen Four. And while I'm sure there are those who disagree with me, I think it's great for the sport.Part of me would like to see St. Cloud win for conference solidarity. Part of me would like to see Quinnipiac win because what the hell. I don't think I will be particularly rooting for anyone in any of the games. And I think it will be great to see some school win their first ever NCAA men's hockey championship.
              ..you might be right.. surprise.. spring an upset the heck out of one another..
              what a scenario!

(hint: go UML)
              GO NU HOCKEY
              Always bullish on the future.
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

I won't be rooting for anyone, but SCSU is my pick for the title. The Q luckily avoided BC (even though I've been hearing they are "down" this year...they usually still find a way. Not this year, I guess).

SCSU can skate if they wish, and they can get gritty if they wish (which is usually needed a few times in the WCHA).

Edit: after making that pick, I have to wash myself in bleach.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Lowell and Q in final, Hellebuyck gets another shutout for Lowell's first D1 championship.
                  Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                  Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                  Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Impressed by the way Q structures their movement on offense. Especially the PP. Only problem is every game Ive seen them play (3) they bossed so Ive never seen them play poorly. Yale seems to be a team playing at 110% so how long can it last? UML Ive never seen. The Cloud is on its game. Winner of Cloud/Q is my pick. Cloud would be my bet.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      UMass

I wish
                      #NewMass

Comment

My wildest dreams and hopeful wishes would love an all ECAC NCAA Championship game, but I doubt it will happen. In fact, I have a funny feeling that we will see Lowell take this one.
                        St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
                        4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
                        2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
                        16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
                        9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
                        2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

Uml
                          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

It's like The Island of Misfit Toys this year. Quinnipiac is Rudolph, Yale is Hermey, UMass-Lowell is Charlie-In-The-Box, and St. Cloud is the Abominable Snowman.

I'll go with the Snowman.

"I find that the most trouble encountered with quotes on the internet is figuring out their authenticity"
                            -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

St. Cloud vs. UML for a hell of a championship game.

Comment

Working...
                              X