Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Attendance at Regionals

Originally posted by Jesus of Suburbia View Post
    What is the attendance for the CCHA tournament.
    This year, pathetic. It hasn't always been that way. Either way, it's beside the point. I wouldn't try to compare the CCHA tournament to the Final Five, which clearly has better average attendance over the years.

My point is simply that the regionals are different creatures than the Frozen Four or Final Five. I don't see a large contingent of fans from either the CCHA or WCHA traveling to regionals. Short notice + long distances = bad attendance.

Comment

Originally posted by MichFan View Post
      This year, pathetic. It hasn't always been that way. Either way, it's beside the point. I wouldn't try to compare the CCHA tournament to the Final Five, which clearly has better average attendance over the years.

My point is simply that the regionals are different creatures than the Frozen Four or Final Five. I don't see a large contingent of fans from either the CCHA or WCHA traveling to regionals. Short notice + long distances = bad attendance.
      It is hard to make plans to travel and by plane tickets with less then a week notice and get a hotel room. Michigan was in the west region would have been more sold out. How far is Ann Arbor from Grand Rapids?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        So, the total attendance for all the regionals is about the same as one Final Five game. Huh.
        Interesting you are comparing the Final Five to the regionals. The WCHA had 6 of their teams in the tourney . Where were the fans at the regionals? Did they have a premonition about how their team would perform this weekend and stay home?
        Last edited by scoreboard; 03-30-2013, 10:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Are you talking about on here? A lot of people go silent when their team loses.

Hockeyplayer, didn't see the number till after I posted. Good showing by the fans in providence tonight.
          I'm talking about seeing a whole lot of people around wearing BC clothing left and right when they win, and a whole lot of people not wearing BC stuff when they don't.

You know what? Forget it. It was a joke, and you took it way too literally.

Comment

Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
            Interesting you are comparing the Final Five to the regionals. The WCHA had 6 of their teams in the tourney . Where were the fans at the regionals? Did they have a premonition about how their team would perform this weekend and stay home?
            It's called a long arse trip, especially when the F5 is THE tourney to spend money, and then many go to the F4. Regionals are an afterthought, due to costs overall. The F5 and F4 are events. The regionals? A bonus.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              It's called a long arse trip, especially when the F5 is THE tourney to spend money, and then many go to the F4. Regionals are an afterthought, due to costs overall. The F5 and F4 are events. The regionals? A bonus.
              It's cool to have in your city, though! Had a lot of fun as a neutral in Providence today.

Comment

Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
                Probably saving their money as most places you'd have to fly to. I see Grand Rapids had 1988 today, could have played it at the John Glas Fieldhouse in Bemidji with room to spare...

Maybe they shouldn't place "West" regionals in eastern time zones. Maybe they should have it in Minnesota, Colorado, or Wisconsin where the WCHA teams' fans could travel to easier.

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
                  Source?
                  A bunch of drunken frat boys.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                    I'm talking about seeing a whole lot of people around wearing BC clothing left and right when they win, and a whole lot of people not wearing BC stuff when they don't.

You know what? Forget it. It was a joke, and you took it way too literally.
                    Ya, I just don't agree with your assessment. That's all.

Comment

Are the attendance figures tickets sold or actual tickets used? The attendance numbers from Providence are going to be interesting today...

Comment

Why not make the week immediately following the conference tourneys the off week? That would give fans more time to make arrangements to travel. And everyone already knows when and where the Frozen Four is.
                        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Priceless, both quinnipiac and union were very well represented yesterday FWIW

Comment

Any ideas were the 2015 regional will be? NCAA should announce that this summer but are there any rumors at the moment.

Comment

NCAA should not have the Midwest and the West regional less than 3 hours away. That would be like The Midwest in Green Bay and West in Madison.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                                Are the attendance figures tickets sold or actual tickets used? The attendance numbers from Providence are going to be interesting today...
                                Will be interesting to see how many Quinnipiac fans and students travel. The numbers might be pretty good if that happens. I wouldn't expect much walk-up business on the other hand.

Comment

Working...
                                X