PDA

View Full Version : UND's Sioux name not to be replaced.

BismarckFan
03-28-2013, 08:39 PM
Just wanted to see how many hits this would get...:D

Tipsy McStagger
03-28-2013, 08:49 PM
Then how are they going to honor the native americans? Surely there is no other way than to name your sports teams after them.

Biddco
03-28-2013, 09:04 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they went this way at all.

Bonin21
03-28-2013, 09:15 PM
Helped out your view count, but if you put the cursor over your thread title you can read the whole message without clicking on it.

The Rube
03-28-2013, 09:20 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they went this way at all.

Joke thread is actually legitimate probable path of the UND choice of a nickname or not.

Hilarity. :D

MinnesotaNorthStar
03-29-2013, 01:53 AM
Joke thread is actually legitimate probable path of the UND choice of a nickname or not.

Hilarity. :DExcept it isn't. There will be a new one chosen in a few years...

mikeinlowell
03-29-2013, 05:58 AM
I think they should go with "Sue". That'll tick em off...

Happy
03-29-2013, 06:23 AM
Whioux?

West Texas Wolverine
03-29-2013, 06:46 AM
If UND's goal is to eventually get the Sioux name back, it would be smartest for UND not to choose another mascot. A generation from now, when enthusiasm for all this PC censorship dies down, it will be much easier to win a vote on using the Sioux name again if UND doesn't have a new mascot to vote out - a mascot which many people will have by then grown attached to.

Plus, without a new, official mascot, everyone will still call them the Sioux, which will really tick off the commissars at the NCAA.

burd
03-29-2013, 06:59 AM
Whioux?

Whioux is certainly the most inventive one that's been put out there.

Who gets credit, by the way?

willythekid
03-29-2013, 08:33 AM
If UND's goal is to eventually get the Sioux name back, it would be smartest for UND not to choose another mascot. A generation from now, when enthusiasm for all this PC censorship dies down, it will be much easier to win a vote on using the Sioux name again if UND doesn't have a new mascot to vote out - a mascot which many people will have by then grown attached to.

Plus, without a new, official mascot, everyone will still call them the Sioux, which will really tick off the commissars at the NCAA.

we never had a mascot...

SCSU Euro
03-29-2013, 08:48 AM
I think they should go with "Sue". That'll tick em off...

That's hostile and abusive. Women are not mascots!

Landshark
03-29-2013, 11:08 AM
Best possible outcome is NCAA is disbanded or its laughable non-profit status is removed, then we restore the name once its unreasonable power is removed. Until then, no name at all. Actually, it is pretty cool not to have one and have the fans keep it alive despite those corrupt and sanctimonious bast***s in Indy.

dainthomas
03-29-2013, 11:55 AM
Even the Gopher announcers were complaining about the NCAA during the last Sioux-Gopher game. You know you've messed up when you can get Sioux and Gopher fans to agree about anything.

A Shot and a Goal
03-29-2013, 12:07 PM

Hey WTW, So you're saying they should be the University of North Dakota Fighting Commisars? Hmmm, it's too long, unwieldy and doesn't clearly suggest a readily useable logo for the jersey. Good work. It's exactly the brand of pointless suggestion I've come to expect from you.

I hope you're back in this hemisphere now and that you can enjoy some playoff hockey at an appropriate daylight hour. Best to you and your tribe. ;)

West Texas Wolverine
03-29-2013, 01:14 PM
Hey WTW, So you're saying they should be the University of North Dakota Fighting Commisars? Hmmm, it's too long, unwieldy and doesn't clearly suggest a readily useable logo for the jersey. Good work. It's exactly the brand of pointless suggestion I've come to expect from you.

I hope you're back in this hemisphere now and that you can enjoy some playoff hockey at an appropriate daylight hour. Best to you and your tribe. ;)
ASaaG! You just helped me decide who to cheer for in the DU-UNH game tonight!

A Shot and a Goal
03-29-2013, 01:21 PM
ASaaG! You just helped me decide who to cheer for in the DU-UNH game tonight!

So how's intramural softball going for your beloved Michigan hockey team? :D

Go Pioneers!

Alaska Hockey
03-30-2013, 09:17 AM
we never had a mascot...
Alex for $50.00 who was Sammy Sioux?