UND's Sioux name not to be replaced.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UND's Sioux name not to be replaced.

Just wanted to see how many hits this would get...

Re: UND's Sioux name not to be replaced.

Then how are they going to honor the native americans? Surely there is no other way than to name your sports teams after them.
    Originally posted by SJHovey
    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
    Originally posted by Brenthoven
    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if they went this way at all.
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Helped out your view count, but if you put the cursor over your thread title you can read the whole message without clicking on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
          I wouldn't be surprised if they went this way at all.
          Joke thread is actually legitimate probable path of the UND choice of a nickname or not.

Hilarity.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            Joke thread is actually legitimate probable path of the UND choice of a nickname or not.

Hilarity.
            Except it isn't. There will be a new one chosen in a few years...
            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
            Originally posted by Quizmire
            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

I think they should go with "Sue". That'll tick em off...

Comment

Whioux?
                XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

If UND's goal is to eventually get the Sioux name back, it would be smartest for UND not to choose another mascot. A generation from now, when enthusiasm for all this PC censorship dies down, it will be much easier to win a vote on using the Sioux name again if UND doesn't have a new mascot to vote out - a mascot which many people will have by then grown attached to.

Plus, without a new, official mascot, everyone will still call them the Sioux, which will really tick off the commissars at the NCAA.
                  Still anticipating the all-CCHA Frozen Four

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                    Whioux?
                    Whioux is certainly the most inventive one that's been put out there.

Who gets credit, by the way?

Comment

Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine View Post
                      If UND's goal is to eventually get the Sioux name back, it would be smartest for UND not to choose another mascot. A generation from now, when enthusiasm for all this PC censorship dies down, it will be much easier to win a vote on using the Sioux name again if UND doesn't have a new mascot to vote out - a mascot which many people will have by then grown attached to.

Plus, without a new, official mascot, everyone will still call them the Sioux, which will really tick off the commissars at the NCAA.
                      we never had a mascot...

Comment

Originally posted by mikeinlowell View Post
                        I think they should go with "Sue". That'll tick em off...
                        That's hostile and abusive. Women are not mascots!
                        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Best possible outcome is NCAA is disbanded or its laughable non-profit status is removed, then we restore the name once its unreasonable power is removed. Until then, no name at all. Actually, it is pretty cool not to have one and have the fans keep it alive despite those corrupt and sanctimonious bast***s in Indy.
                          Start a man a fire, keep him warm for a day. Start a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Even the Gopher announcers were complaining about the NCAA during the last Sioux-Gopher game. You know you've messed up when you can get Sioux and Gopher fans to agree about anything.
                            I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
                            - Bilbo Baggins

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
                            – A. Einstein

Why are some people so hung up on their rights?
                            - dropthatpuck

Comment

Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine View Post

Hey WTW, So you're saying they should be the University of North Dakota Fighting Commisars? Hmmm, it's too long, unwieldy and doesn't clearly suggest a readily useable logo for the jersey. Good work. It's exactly the brand of pointless suggestion I've come to expect from you.

I hope you're back in this hemisphere now and that you can enjoy some playoff hockey at an appropriate daylight hour. Best to you and your tribe.
                              sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Working...
                              X