Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

And URI is refuting the realignment talks.

http://excalibursportspage.com/2013/...s-hockey-talk/
    Win today and we'll walk together forever. -Ray Shero

Comment

Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
      And URI is refuting the realignment talks.

http://excalibursportspage.com/2013/...s-hockey-talk/
      “A lot of people hear that two schools are interested and automatically assume it will happen overnight,” said one AHA coach also speaking on the condition on anonymity given the nature of the discussions, “but URI is a long way off. The state is almost broke, and they can’t spend the money on hockey when they have as many issues as they have down there. "

LOL! Gee, which coach could that be?
      Bentley University Hockey
      On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

Originally posted by schiegs View Post
        “A lot of people hear that two schools are interested and automatically assume it will happen overnight,” said one AHA coach also speaking on the condition on anonymity given the nature of the discussions, “but URI is a long way off. The state is almost broke, and they can’t spend the money on hockey when they have as many issues as they have down there. "

Actually I can tell you definitively it's NOT Ryan Soderquist. It's a western coach. Soder is fantastic about letting me quote him publicly. And he is very frank in speaking to the point where he tells me exactly what he'd say if anyone asked him. Part of why I enjoy working out here so great.

So sorry - it's not our beloved Coach Soderquist. Nor is it anyone associated with Bentley. C'mon - you gotta give me more credit than that!!

Comment

Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
          Actually I can tell you definitively it's NOT Ryan Soderquist. It's a western coach. Soder is fantastic about letting me quote him publicly. And he is very frank in speaking to the point where he tells me exactly what he'd say if anyone asked him. Part of why I enjoy working out here so great.

So sorry - it's not our beloved Coach Soderquist. Nor is it anyone associated with Bentley. C'mon - you gotta give me more credit than that!!
          Geographic faux pas. :-P
          Bentley University Hockey
          On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

Originally posted by schiegs View Post

I agree would not be Ryan, but maybe Paul Pearl? I doubt that a "western coach" would refer to Rhode Island as "down there."
            Last edited by Snively65; 05-26-2013, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Western as in Western NY? Gee that only leaves three teams, five if you include PA.

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
              I agree would not be Ryan, but maybe Paul Pearl? I doubt that a "western coach" would refer to Rhode Island as "down there."
              RIT Tigers

Comment

Dan Koudys is officially the first Falcon to play in a top-flight league in a country's hockey pyramid. He's headed for Dordrecht with the Netherlands hockey federation and the IJS.

http://excalibursportspage.com/2013/...rdrecht-lions/

Comment

Also I can confirm that Bentley and Harvard will play on 10-26 at harvard

Comment

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
                    Western as in Western NY? Gee that only leaves three teams, five if you include PA.
                    No, "western teams" as all those west of Woostah.

Comment

Western teams are now anyone in the western division. On account of a technicality, anywhere west of 128/90 for us in Waltham should be considered the "west." Hell, western Mass might as well be on another planet (it should be excluded from the state, really), and New York might as well be Canada.

We all know BOston is the geographic center of the universe anyways.

Comment

God**** New England'ers.

RIT Tigers

Comment

Yeah, it was probably Frank Serratore who called out URI.

Comment

Yeah, it was probably Frank Serratore who called out URI.
                            Best coach in the aHa

Comment

People out of Vermont are telling me that Bentley could be scheduling them this year, but at the same token, they're having trouble making a date work. I think to spitball the other opponent, Bentley will most likely head back up to Orono and resume hostilities with Maine. Maine was always good for scheduling the Falcons at Alfond for a couple of games; this will be a one off. They're also already playing AIC, though; they need schedule fillers, and Bentley has a great relationship with Maine due to Ben Murphy. They'll try to renew that relationship now that the Bears have a new coach.
                              Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Originally posted by Humanoid View Post
                                and Bentley has a great relationship with Maine due to Ben Murphy. They'll try to renew that relationship now that the Bears have a new coach.
                                Ben Murphy might be joining Gendron's staff at Maine. Twitter reports saying he's a candidate.

Comment

Working...
                                X