Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
    I think the defense is A LOT deeper than we're giving them credit for. Everything started to come together last year right about when Blommer got hurt. Then he went down with the MCL and it wasn't the same after that. The problem being is that when he did come back, #21 wasn't the same as he was at the beginning of the season. With a full offseason of strength work, he should be back and better this year.

When Ledford is potentially being left OFF the roster on gameday because there aren't enough slots to go around, that's amazing. If anything else, I think maybe they dress an extra dman and sit a forward like Reardon or Fitzstephens, but remember that both of them have experience playing back. Fitzy was there last year, and Reardon is regularly a defender who has the size and shot to play up front. Pretty amazing depth if you ask me.

I really think the 2nd line is going to be where Bentley really cuts their teeth because that line would be a top line on most other teams in the league. That line has the potential to top the first line in production if eveyrthing clicks at once.
    Good to hear but not sure I would say that about the 2nd line yet. You have French on that line he isn't he a Freshman? If so not sure I would give them the mantle on many other teams but we will see. I am excited and frankly anyway they can get to the ship in Buffalo is fine by me. I would only suggest the upper classman are the people I would designate to getting them there! My opinion only. I think playing some of the non conference games we have will tell us something. Playing Omaha out of the gate should give us a picture how they will respond. That being said it will be the first set of games and practice never simulates the real thing. Can't wait to see the action.

Comment

Dan

Can you post the USCHO interview?

Comment

• Originally posted by wwjg1158 View Post
        Good to hear but not sure I would say that about the 2nd line yet. You have French on that line he isn't he a Freshman? If so not sure I would give them the mantle on many other teams but we will see. I am excited and frankly anyway they can get to the ship in Buffalo is fine by me. I would only suggest the upper classman are the people I would designate to getting them there! My opinion only. I think playing some of the non conference games we have will tell us something. Playing Omaha out of the gate should give us a picture how they will respond. That being said it will be the first set of games and practice never simulates the real thing. Can't wait to see the action.
        Buffalo? No, Rochester, and then Philly. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by wwjg1158 View Post
          Dan

Can you post the USCHO interview?
          I'm about the 42 minute mark.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/uscholi...season-preview
          Win today and we'll walk together forever. -Ray Shero

Comment

Starting to look at the roster. Almost down to the one week countdown!!!

http://jarpride.com/2013/10/03/proje...-six-forwards/

Comment

Fewer than 70 hours before the puck drops to begin the 2013-2014 Falcons season.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                Fewer than 70 hours before the puck drops to begin the 2013-2014 Falcons season.
                Taking a look at the rink debate as the season gets set to open!

http://jarpride.com/2013/10/09/five-...t-rink-debate/

Comment

Nice article about the JAR! In the end Bentlyey needs to address a building not only for hockey but certainly a multi purpose building as well. One can talk about the character of the JAR but you can never build the program if you cannot present a better facility to recruits. It really is plan and simple issue. You either want to have a D I program or you do not! I have seen D III programs with better offsite facilities so in the end I find it hard to believe the best near by solution is the JAR. If they have the property then the administration should build something that fits the bill for hockey and a multi purpose building.

Comment

Is there an impending specific deadline of some type for construction of an on-campus rink? I have not heard of any deadlines. I think that there was a five-year option on a wetlands variance for a building permit that is long expired and would need to be renewed.

As noted in previous threads, the most visible building site for an events center - rink, which would link the lower and upper parts of campus, would be where the tennis courts and parking lots are located now. To compensate for the lost parking spaces, an additional level or two could be added to the nearby parking deck.
                    Last edited by Snively65; 10-09-2013, 11:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wwjg1158 View Post
                      If they have the property then the administration should build something that fits the bill for hockey and a multi purpose building.
                      They'd love to. Just write them a check for it.

These things are almost always underwritten by a generous benefactor. McCallum, Smith, Falcone are names that come to mind. It's not like the school is sitting on $10 million of idle cash, contemplating what to spend it on. To date, no one has stepped up with anything of substance and said, "I'd like you to build an on-campus hockey arena."
                      Bentley University Hockey
                      On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

Originally posted by wwjg1158 View Post
                        wouldn't miss it should be a great game in a great venue.
                        Have you been to the CenturyLink Center, previously?

FYI, I don't expect this to be a well attended series, although I will certainly be there. If there is anything more than 5,000 or 6,000 present for either game, I'll be pretty surprised. Particularly true on Friday night.

There are a couple ticket promos for this series for anybody that is coming:

http://www.mavpuck.com/mpboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9409
                        Last edited by Red Cows; 10-09-2013, 12:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                          Have you been to the CenturyLink Center, previously?

FYI, I don't expect this to be a well attended series, although I will certainly be there. If there is anything more than 5,000 or 6,000 present for either game, I'll be pretty surprised. Particularly true on Friday night.

There are a couple ticket promos for this series for anybody that is coming:

http://www.mavpuck.com/mpboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9409
                          5000-6000!? I am not sure whether Bentley ever has played before a crowd that large, not even at Yost the past two years. Wish that I could be there.

Comment

My guess is they are not hurting for cash! I would bet they have the ability to build a multi purpose facility. If they wanted to build some sort of educational asset they would find the money. No doubt the issues is the following. Do we want to spend the resources on office space, graduation facility, and a rink! YES or NO- my guess is NO everytime it comes up.

Comment

Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
                              Starting to look at the roster. Almost down to the one week countdown!!!

http://jarpride.com/2013/10/03/proje...-six-forwards/
                              Hey Dan
                              You never finished up with your projections on the rest of the roster from a week ago. 48 hours to puck drop. What's the line up?

Comment

it may be something we aren't expecting! Potential for major shake up to start the season. One never knows. I am headed to Omaha to see this years product!

Comment

Working...
                                X