Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    Just need good balanced halves this coming season, as Bentley's offense dropped off dramatically during the second half of last season. The D should be better seasoned this coming year also. Like the thread titles says, "no excuses." There is no reason that this team should not earn a first round bye this season.
    Agree wholeheartedly. This team needs to remain consistent. They finished top 20 in offense, but they were #1 until the end when thye dropped off considerably. We don't expect them to finish in the top 5 nationally, but if they're going to be top 20, they have to be consistent.

On the flip side, the defense went the opposite. They started out horrible and then worked their way up to the top half of D1 by the end of the year.

Also, KYE edition for Holy Cross. One team left and then it's onto getting ready for the season! Drove by the JAR yesterday,a nd the parking lot was full; youth hockey was back.

http://jarpride.com/2013/09/03/know-...my-holy-cross/
    Win today and we'll walk together forever. -Ray Shero

Comment

one thing to fix. Canisius and Mercyhurst should probably read Canisius and Niagara fighting for western New York...

Comment

Originally posted by CornwallAce View Post
        one thing to fix. Canisius and Mercyhurst should probably read Canisius and Niagara fighting for western New York...

In terms of conference rivalries, Canisius and Mercyhurst is one of the more historic ones. I weighted putting Niagara in there because of the D1 connection in the old MAAC league, but decided to mention MC instead.

Comment

Maybe Cornwall was hinting that Mercyhurst is not in New York State????
          -M

Comment

thank you RITProf! I really should have been clearer on my icorrection. I wonder how the battle for Lake Erie would sound? doesn't ring well for me right now...

Comment

Originally posted by CornwallAce View Post
              thank you RITProf! I really should have been clearer on my icorrection. I wonder how the battle for Lake Erie would sound? doesn't ring well for me right now...
              Thanks for the clarification. I know the rivalry has a name, but I couldn't remember what it was. Erie might as well be in upstate New York to those of us in Boston. It also might as well be Canada.

Comment

Gensler is the top Hobey candidate from AHA. Komm an honorable mention

http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....bbons-canisius
                https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

• Originally posted by RITProf View Post
                  Maybe Cornwall was hinting that Mercyhurst is not in New York State????
                  Ah, yes, the Erie Triangle, claimed by both New York and Pennsylvania, until the Feds stepped in and awarded to Pennsylvania in 1792.

Comment

ok the coaches poll! Ninth at least no pressure to perform! I guess I am a bit confused the team is returning more players ( points ) than any other team. I am not a genius but how do we get such little respect when we are returning so many talented players? I would hope the defense is much improved and the offensive players remain consistent!! I guess that is why this thread is named no excuses! Comments?

Comment

I have Bentley pegged higher than 9th in my rankings that we'll publish later this week, but I think the coaches voted somewhat on reputation, meaning a team like Bentley didn't get respect they deserved and maybe Air Force got too much respect based on past history. The other major concern people have is whether Bentley can stop other teams from scoring. Everyone knows Bentley can score, the question remains can they defend? I think with all six dmen coming back, they'll be better.
                      https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                      Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Bentley was probably the worst team in all of Div 1 during the second half of last season, so they will need to win back any respect that they may have lost during that debacle. I am looking for the Falcons to repeat what the Red Sox have done between last season and the current one.

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                          I have Bentley pegged higher than 9th in my rankings that we'll publish later this week, but I think the coaches voted somewhat on reputation, meaning a team like Bentley didn't get respect they deserved and maybe Air Force got too much respect based on past history. The other major concern people have is whether Bentley can stop other teams from scoring. Everyone knows Bentley can score, the question remains can they defend? I think with all six dmen coming back, they'll be better.
                          I take the approach that it's more of a power poll more than anything. It resembles how the season ended last year more than an indication of the way it'll shape up this year. I don't believe Niagara will win the league tihs year, and I have Mercyhurst much higher.

I did part 1 of my wrap-up, but I'll have my poll later this week too. As an aside, I'm going to be working with Chris Lerch this year up on this site, so we'll have our previews too. God I love hockey season!

Jeff - love to compare notes.

http://jarpride.com/2013/09/18/aha-p...rap-up-part-1/

Comment

I love hockey as well. All the comments make sense and certainly understand the statements. I do agree that the d must improve from the goalie on out! The forwards must stay focused and not fall a part! Good luck and let's play hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by wwjg1158 View Post
                              I love hockey as well. All the comments make sense and certainly understand the statements. I do agree that the d must improve from the goalie on out! The forwards must stay focused and not fall a part! Good luck and let's play hockey.
                              Part Deux of the AHA Preseason Media Day Wrap Up

http://jarpride.com/2013/09/19/aha-p...rap-up-part-2/

Comment

• Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
                                Part Deux of the AHA Preseason Media Day Wrap Up

http://jarpride.com/2013/09/19/aha-p...rap-up-part-2/
                                I will be even more optimistic and predict that the Falcons will finish 4th (you heard it here first).

Comment

Working...
                                X