Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver vs New Hampshire 3/29 NCAA Northeast Regional

These 2 teams met 12/1/12.
    DU took a 4-0 lead and UNH scored the next 6 goals.

Who's got the hottest goalie?
    DU-Olkinuora 2.28 GA .929 Sv%
    UNH-DeSmith 2.24 GA .924 Sv%
    Neither Olkinuora nor DeSmith started that game in December.
    GO DU !!!

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post

Providence!
    UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Re: Denver vs New Hampshire 3/29 NCAA Northeast Regional

Don't forget the Mildcats past performances at The Phone Booth!

Comment

Viz...it should be a dandy of a game. I think DU is better off going with Sam in net. He's been in this position before and won. Jussi has had a great year but I think he's been jittery the last half of the season.

BTW...seeing that I was present at the earlier meeting between DU and UNH...the Pios got off to a 3-0 start before collapsing. I think Mike Chambers of the Post is adamant about how this game started, but he's wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
          These 2 teams met 12/1/12.
          DU took a 4-0 lead and UNH scored the next 6 goals.

DU-Olkinuora 2.28 GA .929 Sv%
          UNH-DeSmith 2.24 GA .924 Sv%
          Neither Olkinuora nor DeSmith started that game in December.
          DeSmith started and gave up the three quick goals and was pulled in favor of Wyer who played great the rest of the way earning the win. UNH scored to make it 3-1 before DU went up 4-1

Comment

"No team has a better home-ice advantage in the four regionals than New Hampshire. While the Wildcats have struggled with only four wins since Feb. 1, they have Casey DeSmith between the pipes and a balanced offense. DeSmith topped most NCAA goaltender statistics during the first half of the season to give UNH a hefty cushion in the late-season national ranking to assure an at-large tournament bid.

Denver ranks No. 3 in team offense, but struggles defensively. The Pioneers also spend a significant percent of the game in the penalty box -- they're third in the NCAA at more than 16 penalty minutes per game. They need to score early and often, which they can do -- they had 13 players reach double-digits in points."

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...d=nhl:topheads

believed Mike Chambers on the scoring start
            and for some reason I thought Wyer started for UNH.
            GO DU !!!

Comment

I like DU's chances in this regional. They have faced every team and there will be no surprises by a team they are unfamiliar with. DU has had good success in the past against UNH in the NCAA playoffs. In 1995, DU beat UNH 9-2 and in 2005 they beat them 4-2. Those games were in Amherst and Worcester, Mass. Overall, DU is 9-4-0 against UNH.
              DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

These teams met 24 November. With nearly 18 weeks have past since they last played against each other, a lot has happened, but here is the box score and game recap.

What has happened? For starters this was the weekend that the chunk in DU's armor was well exploited but both Yale and UNH, and by many other teams since. Up until this point, DU looked scary good. On a similar vein, UNH was scary good for a good month after this game, but some disappointing play has been apparent in the last half of the season.

This was one of the games I was not looking forward in being paired with, realistically I cannot predict a DU win, but I'm hoping for enough D in front of Sam or the Suomilaander to allow Denver to be competitive.
                Last edited by COHockey; 03-26-2013, 06:00 PM.

Comment

DU's chances of winning will increase dramatically if Coach Umile wears his trademark black turtleneck.

Comment

There's been little talk from the UNH faithful. Wazzup with that?
                    Didn't LaLeggia decommit from UNH to go to Denver? At the very least there should be some talk about UNH smacking his sorry arse all over the New Hampshire ice.
                    FWIW, I think the SMT's have a good shot at coming out of this regional. Delay the Umiliation until Pittsburgh.
                    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

I made the trip to Denver in November, woke up violently ill the day of the game (ill, not hungover ), and was not able to make the game. Its somewhat of a consolation to be able to see the Pioneers in Manchester. As long as they lose.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                        There's been little talk from the UNH faithful. Wazzup with that?
                        Most of the UNH talk has been confined to our thread and predates the creation of this one (which wasn't until today). Any Denver fans making the trek out? I remember there being some, but not many, in Amherst when we played you in the NCAA's there.
                        "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
                        Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
                        NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
                        EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
                        AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
                        1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

I'm not going to predict anything in this tournament. I truly believe that when Denver is on, there is no team in the country that they can't beat handily. But there seems to be no way to predict whether or not they will be on in any given game. Neither a first round trouncing nor a national championship would shock me at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
                            Most of the UNH talk has been confined to our thread and predates the creation of this one (which wasn't until today). Any Denver fans making the trek out? I remember there being some, but not many, in Amherst when we played you in the NCAA's there.
                            I thinks some DU alums from Maine are making their way to Manchester. Assistant Coach Matty Thomas is from NH so I expect his parents and friends to be there as I am sure some of Coach Lassonde's relatives and friends. Thomas' younger brother, Andrew, was DU's captain in 2007/08.
                            Last edited by du78; 03-26-2013, 08:00 PM.
                            DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
                              Very few Pioneer fans in Albany 2010 as I recall.

Comment

Working...
                              X