What is your favorite playoff moment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favorite playoff moment?

Looking to compile fans favorite playoff moments and memories. Just add to the comment section here. It can be an on ice play, your team winning a championship, your rival getting knocked out or even something you experienced as a fan in the playoffs that is unrelated to what happened on the ice.

I am still mulling over my decision.

Re: What is your favorite playoff moment?

These are always great threads. I'll just put mine here since the link is most likely blocked anyway.

1. Krys Kolanos wins the title in overtime for BC in 2001. mookie and other BU fanboys cry everywhere.

2. Johnny Gaudreau goes highlight reel on Ferris State to clinch the 2012 title.

3. Joe Whitney scores on Miami to send BC to Denver in 2008

4. Ben Eaves goes from laying down behind the bench to batting the puck out of midair in OT vs. Michigan on his first shift after the injury in the 2004 regional semifinal in Manchester.
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Clip doesn't include the tying goal which was about as electrifying as it gets.

Comment

Probably the 2009 ECAC quarterfinals 2v11 game 1, RPI was playing Cornell. RPI had a tough regular season and finishing practically in the basement, so they went with a frosh goalie by the name of Allen York, Cornell of course with Ben Scrivens. As much as I don't usually like Cornell games all that much, the whole thing truly was a goalie's duel, and then Patrick Cullen scores the game-winning (and only) goal around 57:00 or so to win game 1. Schafer was suspended after publicly blaming the refs for the loss, and a new-found respect for the lawyer was realized by many of the 'tute fans.

Comment

I watched my favorite on YouTube yesterday. It was a good pick-me-up.

1) BU scores 2 times in the last minute to win the 2009 National Championship
          2) BU ties Northern Michigan in the last minute to send the NC game to OT tied at 7. (1991)
          3) Chris Drury scores in OT against Denver during a rare 3 on 3 to send BU to the Frozen Four (1996)
          4) Mike Sullivan scores against a stacked MSU team with 10 minutes to go in the 3rd to send BU to their first Final Four (No Frozen yet.) that I was around for. (1990)
          It Happened!!!!

Comment

The 2002 NC game vs Maine, Potulny scores the winner in OT. That was the greatest moment for me.

Comment

That time back in the day when UND managed to play BC without getting their arses whipped.

Comment

Easily when RIT won the Albany region to go to the Frozen Four.

One thing I remember the most is everyone congragating in halls after the game chanting "Frozen Four" and High-Fiving and hugging everyone in sight.
                2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                2010 Frozen Four participant
                2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

You should change the request to read- not for your team.

It's easy to come up with favorite moments for my team- 1996 Brendon Morrison's OT goal vs CC, 1998 Josh Langfields OT goal against BC, 1998 SH goal against #1 North Dakota, etc...

It's a lot harder to come up with favorite moment that did not involve your team.

Off the top of my head for that, and in no order- just recall- 1998, MSU vs OSU for the regional final, the Denver - Maine final in Boston (2004), the 4 OT game with St Lawerence winning (I think that was it).

Comment

4 OT game between BU and St Lawrence. I remember watching the game and having to leave to go to a spring game during the second OT and when I got home it was still on. Also I was at the 2011 UMD vs Michigan championship game and that was pretty cool.

Comment

Mine will forever be the Koalska leap on the bench after tieing the 2002 game up in the last minute. Everyone in Gopher Nation went from the impending deepest low to the highest mountian top and you just knew the Gophs were going to win after that. That picture to me is more memorable than Grant's game winner in OT.

*****http://i610.***********.com/albums/tt190/gophers79/Gophers.jpg******
                      National Champions: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003

Comment

Wasn't drury's OT goal in 97, not 96?

Comment

Alfablue, I would also add frozen 4 2001 where the announcers made excuses for Michigan state by saying the green NoDak jerseys were confusing them

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post

The 2002 NC game vs Maine, Potulny scores the winner in OT. That was the greatest moment for me.
                            I'll wager that there has never been as an emotional and LOUD moment in the history of the Frozen Four before or since that. Why? Because it was in front of a packed home crowd in St. Paul, who had been waiting for over two decades for a national title.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabid Gopher View Post
                              Mine will forever be the Koalska leap on the bench after tieing the 2002 game up in the last minute. Everyone in Gopher Nation went from the impending deepest low to the highest mountian top and you just knew the Gophs were going to win after that. That picture to me is more memorable than Grant's game winner in OT.

*****http://i610.***********.com/albums/tt190/gophers79/Gophers.jpg******
                              I was so shocked (and elated) when Koalska scored that goal that I almost tipped over the railing in front of my club level seat at the X.

Comment

Working...
                              X