Parents Brawl in Stands During Ontario Minor Hockey Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents Brawl in Stands During Ontario Minor Hockey Game

Scroll down to check out both the long and short version of the rhubarb...it gets pretty disgusting at one point with a young guy continually whaling away at someone who is hidden from view in the crowd.

The dark corners of human nature...

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews...25-135909.html

Re: Parents Brawl in Stands During Ontario Minor Hockey Game

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
    Scroll down to check out both the long and short version of the rhubarb...it gets pretty disgusting at one point with a young guy continually whaling away at someone who is hidden from view in the crowd.

The ugly dark side of minor hockey. This is pretty bad. Unfortunately not unique to Ontario. A few years ago there was a video of a parent accosting a ref when they came of the ice. A few years ago there was even a death from a violent incident involving parents/spectators at a minor hockey game in Boston.
    Last edited by OnMAA; 03-26-2013, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Whaling away? Probably would have achieved more by kissing him. Alcohol fueled silly stuff probably, common in that area I hear.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
        The ugly dark side of minor hockey. This is pretty bad. Unfortunately not unique to Ontario. A few years ago there was a video of a parent accosting a ref when they came of the ice. A few years ago there was even a death from a violent incident involving parents/spectators at a minor hockey game in Boston.
        I think the incident you are referring to was actually after an open ice stick time and not a game.

Comment

Originally posted by ONR View Post
          I think the incident you are referring to was actually after an open ice stick time and not a game.
          It was a youth hockey practice.

Comment

Originally posted by CanHockGuy View Post
            Whaling away? Probably would have achieved more by kissing him. Alcohol fueled silly stuff probably, common in that area I hear.
            My guess would be that it's a lot easier making that statement when it's sombody else's head and not yours that was his target.

The article mentions booze in the parking lot that the non-natives were apparently partaking of prior to the game, at least according to the spokesman for the native group. I often find the comments below these types of articles or videos as thought provoking (or "entertaining" in some instances) as the main piece itself.

Recently heard of a fan here actually pulling a gun on another fan in the parking lot outside the rink...don't even know what else to say about that.

Comment

My guess would be that it's a lot easier making that statement when it's sombody else's head and not yours that was his target.

The article mentions booze in the parking lot that the non-natives were apparently partaking of prior to the game, at least according to the spokesman for the native group. I often find the comments below these types of articles or videos as thought provoking (or "entertaining" in some instances) as the main piece itself.

Recently heard of a fan here actually pulling a gun on another fan in the parking lot outside the rink...don't even know what else to say about that.
              You've got to admit the guys punches are laughable. There's something about the game that brings out the worst in people. Call it passion or that you gotta win attitude; one thing's for sure, you'd better keep your head up.

Comment

Originally posted by CanHockGuy View Post
                You've got to admit the guys punches are laughable. There's something about the game that brings out the worst in people. Call it passion or that you gotta win attitude; one thing's for sure, you'd better keep your head up.

I'll admit that he's certainly no Mike Tyson. And I'll also admit that it would be a lot more laughable if he was punching you as opposed to me. Haha.

Comment

Working...
                X