Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coming to Manchester? Places to eat, things to do...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coming to Manchester? Places to eat, things to do...

manchVEGAS!!!!!!!!!
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

The St. Joseph's Cathedral is nearby about 8 blocks away on the corner of Lowell and Pine, very close to the Red Arrow Diner. Check website bulletin : http://www.stjosephcathedralnh.org/ for Good Friday and Easter schedules.

Comment

s
        Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
        that is exactly my point, my friend.

I have eaten at the Chicago Chop House, often rated the top steakhouse in the US... (depending on which list you are reading at the time) and it is NOT better than the outback... although it IS better than Denny's
        Are you sure they are the same chain? The one in Manchester, according to the website, spells Chophouse as one word. There are also places called Chop House in other places, including here in DC. That one is connected to those in Denver and Boulder.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          s

Are you sure they are the same chain? The one in Manchester, according to the website, spells Chophouse as one word. There are also places called Chop House in other places, including here in DC. That one is connected to those in Denver and Boulder.
          NO, not the same chain at all. My point was that when a steak house wins "best of" it is often due to advertising dollars, not really their quality.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
            last... can someone comment on the Hanover St. Chop House?
            I have never tried it, due to the prices and it's Manchester location but maybe it is better than an Outback (I am just not going to chance it without a recommendation.)
            I have been to the Chophouse many times. Multiple times for dinner and once I held a birthday party for my wife there in one of the private rooms downstairs.

Simply put, this steak house is awesome and competes with some of the finest steak houses I have been too across the country. Its food is on a level (as evidenced by the price) by itself in Manchester. Nothing comes close.

I highly recommend it.

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
              I have to redefine my New Year's Eve. I'm 29, and got drunk on Manhattan's at Firefly. **** good Manhattan there.
              Hehe. I'm 28 and I really enjoy them. Prefer Makers or Knob Creek. I'll have to check out Firefly.

To me, old man drinks are a classification for traditional drinks like Whiskey Sours, Sidecars, CC & Ginger, etc. There's even a book (link)!

*****http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51KJidvWmDL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg******

Comment

XO. any opinion??

Comment

Originally posted by rickkyboy View Post
                  XO. any opinion??
                  Over rated.

Comment

Just my opinion, but living in MachVegas:

Agree on XO - overrated
                    Firefly's - have always had good luck there
                    Ignite and Hooked - two restaurants right next to each other same owner - haven't eaten at Ignite, but I have like Hooked the couple of times I have been there.
                    Dos Amigos - good place to stop in for a quick meal
                    There is Portland Pie Pizza place just a couple of blocks down from the Verizon Center.
                    For trendy pizza at higher prices - 900 degrees
                    The Farm for a decent meal - nothing fancy, the pulled pork is good, they have the same thin crust pizza as 900 degrees, but a good deal cheaper.

And the Chop House? You're a hockey fan save your money and get a steak and cheese at Nadeau's on the West Side, eh.

Comment

Avoid Carls Diner at all costs.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlS View Post
                        ... get a steak and cheese at Nadeau's on the West Side, eh.
                        Excellent spot. There is a closer location just off South Willow across from Home Depot.
                        I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
                          Avoid Carls Diner at all costs.
                          Didn't that used to be in the lower quad?
                          Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Originally posted by WrathOfAramark View Post
                            ... To me, old man drinks are a classification for traditional drinks like Whiskey Sours, Sidecars, CC & Ginger, etc.
                            Mmmmmmmmmm, sidecars.
                            Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

I'll go for the scotch on the rocks. Cheeseburger subs at Karl's on the quad (I think he spelled it with a K.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                                Excellent spot. There is a closer location just off South Willow across from Home Depot.
                                ...and an even closer one adjacent to the millyard! Not sure the street, but in the same parking lot as Golds Gym.

Comment

Working...
                                X