Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers - 2013 Offseason: The Future Looks Bright <<<

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
    Dan Rubin, the play-by-play radio guy for Bentley, has been doing a "Know Your Enemy" series on his Bentley Hockey Blog, JAR Pride. Here is his post on RIT: http://jarpride.com/2013/08/12/know-...itute-of-tech/

It's always interesting to me to see an outsider's perspective. I enjoyed seeing things about the "hellacious place known as Ritter Arena," but he basically summarized some of my 'fears' with the new Polisseni Center -

"Ritter Arena was smaller, with a narrower ice surface. The crowd and the Corner Crew were on top of the ice, making it tough to play at. It’ll be tough to replicate that, even if the Polisseni Center is a) amazing and b) needed. Quite simply, RIT outgrew their home, and with it, might’ve lost what made playing up there so tough to begin with."
    Two things are kind of funny

And in just six short years, RIT’s name had grown from a Division III national champion to an Atlantic Hockey power to a candidate for Hockey East (a spot that eventually went to UConn).
    RIT to Hockey East Possibility, did I sleep through that one?

But that’s exactly what happened two years ago when the Falcons went to Rochester for the playoffs, essentially outplayed the host Tigers, and still lost in double overtime in Game 2 and lost the series in three games.
    I don't think Bentley fans can come to grip with that weekend. It's understandable how close they came to stealing the series. And I do remember how on the ropes you felt RIT was in that series. But I still say its hard to make an argument you out played RIT when you got outshot 97 to 143 on the weekend. You think how their season came crashing down on them would have brought them back to earth. I will give them that weekend proved they had a great top line and that Branden Komm played at if not slightly better that weekend than Madolora. I guess it does feel good when your now one of the big dogs and have one of the small dogs nipping at your feet...

RIT, for the first time ever, just didn’t have it last year. They were only a team, the last home slot in the AHA playoffs. They were the #8 team in the order, way down the list, quietly ending a dynasty run atop the AHA.
    I am with him on this statement till the end. I think I know what he means and I may be splitting hairs here, but dynasty run is a bit of an over statement. RIT certainly was an elite team in the AHA for every year and last year was a down year. Even with their run the Frozen Four and multiple regular season league titles Air Force had the Dynasty. He did state how well RIT played and gave Niagara everything they could handle. If they played like that earlier in the season they would have not had to worry about Niagara to Blue Cross.

His head to head breakdown is also a little interesting to me. He mentions Bentley's Strength (Offense) and the weakness last year of RIT Defense, fails to mention half the defensive core was freshmen last year and the RIT Scoring was just as good as anyone in the AHA. All in all, I think fans of other teams do not realize how far RIT came last year despite it's record. Given what is coming back and some of the potential of new freshmen I think they are going to surprise some this season...
    Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
    The Mule
    Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

RIT was never a realistic possibility to Hockey East. I think they or CHN started the rumors about RIT even having a chance. IF RIT ever moves out of the AHA, I suspect it would be towards an opening in the ECAC.
      2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
      2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
      2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
      2010 Frozen Four participant
      2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
        RIT was never a realistic possibility to Hockey East. I think they or CHN started the rumors about RIT even having a chance. IF RIT ever moves out of the AHA, I suspect it would be towards an opening in the ECAC.
        If only someone would stop enjoying their summer and get the USCHO App to work on Android I could ditch my CHN App. Who needs a vacation anyways
        Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
        The Mule
        Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Trying to order Ritter-only package and receive this:

"No possible bundle seat(s) in your current admissions are available for use as a renewal seat for your bundle(s). Release and re-create the bundle(s).
          Renewal Seat (101 D 11) exists on order 36115"

Is this some obscure way of saying they're sold out? (I've been on vacation for some time and didn't get a chance to order....)
          2010 Frozen Four/National Semi-Finalists!
          2011 (Dec) Catamount Cup Champions!

Comment

Looks like we got a recruit for next year. Bringing the current total to 2:

https://twitter.com/AnastyRepaci - Anthony Repaci - born '94 - F 5'11, 160 lbs - http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=214939 - 56 pts in 54 games last year in the ojhl!

Other recruit in case you dont remember:
            Myles Powell - born '94 - F 5'9" 164 lbs - http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=103660 - 35 pts in 52 games bchl
            Last edited by Zyklon; 08-18-2013, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by redhotzep96 View Post
              Trying to order Ritter-only package and receive this:

"No possible bundle seat(s) in your current admissions are available for use as a renewal seat for your bundle(s). Release and re-create the bundle(s).
              Renewal Seat (101 D 11) exists on order 36115"

Is this some obscure way of saying they're sold out? (I've been on vacation for some time and didn't get a chance to order....)
              That looks to me like you're trying to renew your season ticket for reserved section 101 seat D11, but someone else has already taken that seat for one or more games.

Powers &8^]

Comment

For anyone who hasn't noticed, tickets for Brick City went on sale early this morning. By the time I got around to ordering this evening, it seemed like the vast majority of the lower bowl were already bought up, which seems surprising.

Also the system is really annoying, passing you through the Brick City site to the RIT Hockey site without very clear instructions.
                RIT

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                  That looks to me like you're trying to renew your season ticket for reserved section 101 seat D11, but someone else has already taken that seat for one or more games.

Powers &8^]
                  But all I'm doing is choosing "Purchase Ritter Only Season Tickets Here", selecting 1 under Quantity, then clicking continue... I don't understand.

Even when I choose General Admission (instead of the default Best Available) I get the same kind of error, this time saying "Renewal Seat (General Admission 6) exists on order 36229"
                  2010 Frozen Four/National Semi-Finalists!
                  2011 (Dec) Catamount Cup Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                    For anyone who hasn't noticed, tickets for Brick City went on sale early this morning. By the time I got around to ordering this evening, it seemed like the vast majority of the lower bowl were already bought up, which seems surprising.

Also the system is really annoying, passing you through the Brick City site to the RIT Hockey site without very clear instructions.
                    Just bought mine and it sure is a convoluted system. There were a fair number left in the lower bowl, but one you account for the CC, band, and some other reserved blocks (away team, special events, etc.) there really isn't much. I picked mine on the first row of the second bowl anyway (a spot I like). Anyway, I did this way because I wanted a different number at BCA than my season tix. If you are planning to go and are eligible to sign up for Brick City, then it might be good to get them today ... and pay attention to the convoluted system (basically the Brick City registration is granting you permission to log into the regular ticket sales system and complete the order, but it looks like you are starting over).
                    -M

Comment

Where did you guys see to buy tickets for Brick City weekend. Rit hockey site still says single game tickets available on 8/20 @ 9 am?
                      RIT Tigers
                      Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                      Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
                      Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cplinford View Post
                        Where did you guys see to buy tickets for Brick City weekend. Rit hockey site still says single game tickets available on 8/20 @ 9 am?
                        You have to go through the brick city website. Register for the game, and complete the order (they don't charge you), then it transfers you to the ticket website and you need to enter your brick city order number when you pick your seats and pay through that site.
                        Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                        College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                        Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
                        Men's Frozen Four 2010
                        Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                        Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

You have to go through the brick city website. Register for the game, and complete the order (they don't charge you), then it transfers you to the ticket website and you need to enter your brick city order number when you pick your seats and pay through that site.
                          Thanks I'll give it a try. I work in software QA, as a living, and every time I use the RIT website to order tickets I just shake my head...
                          RIT Tigers
                          Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                          Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
                          Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

Just a small nitpick, it only asks for the last 4 of your order number. Although I wouldn't be surprised if it works regardless of what you put in.

Originally posted by cplinford View Post
                            Thanks I'll give it a try. I work in software QA, as a living, and every time I use the RIT website to order tickets I just shake my head...
                            It's truly headscratching. This is a brand new system to, which means there's no hope of a drastic improvement anytime soon.
                            RIT

Comment

I'll have to call the box office tomorrow to make sure they confirm the tickets I purchased earlier through less than legitimate means. They did charge me already for them soo...

RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
                                I'll have to call the box office tomorrow to make sure they confirm the tickets I purchased earlier through less than legitimate means. They did charge me already for them soo...
                                I have to admit I'm concerned about the validity of any purchase made prior to an announcement being made. I'm surprised that they would open things Sunday and then not announce the following Monday (today). I hope they didn't pull a big whoopsie.
                                RIT

Comment

Working...
                                X