X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers - 2013 Offseason: The Future Looks Bright <<<

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
    Why so long?

I looked through all of the seats and I think I'm the first person to buy tickets...
    From RIT's site, they aren't selling season tickets until August 12.
    2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
    2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2010 Frozen Four participant
    2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Hm. I guess I broke the system.

https://www.rithockey.com/Online/mapSelect.asp

Edit: Ooooh, sorry. Season tickets. That's a bummer.

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
      From RIT's site, they aren't selling season tickets until August 12.
      RIT Tigers

Comment

Hm. I guess I broke the system.

https://www.rithockey.com/Online/mapSelect.asp

Edit: Ooooh, sorry. Season tickets. That's a bummer.
        Yeah, as a GA Season Ticket holder I have to wait until the 22nd
        RIT

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
          Yeah, as a GA Season Ticket holder I have to wait until the 22nd
          You could buy the BCA tickets now and then purchase the Ritter only season ticket package on the 22nd.

Comment

This man is a thinker.

Originally posted by five8five View Post
            You could buy the BCA tickets now and then purchase the Ritter only season ticket package on the 22nd.
            RIT Tigers

Comment

Still leaves me out in the cold (ha!) for Frontier Field tickets. Can you buy multiple BCA tickets now, already? I'd be purchasing for a yet unknown Homecoming group size..planned on buying them in bulk once the Brick City site was up and running.
              RIT

Comment

Still confused as to how you bought tickets already - the site says single game tickets arent on sale until 8/20.
                Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
                Men's Frozen Four 2010
                Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

I posted the link below to seat selection. Pick your seats then check out. Whether or not I was suppose to be able to do that already.. idk.

EDIT: Nvm, that link is busted. Just go to the "game selection" web page (https://www.rithockey.com/Online/default.asp). Then search for event Blue Cross. The first option will be the Michigan game and the option to buy tickets is linked.

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
                  Still confused as to how you bought tickets already - the site says single game tickets arent on sale until 8/20.
                  RIT Tigers

Comment

I posted the link below to seat selection. Pick your seats then check out. Whether or not I was suppose to be able to do that already.. idk.

EDIT: Nvm, that link is busted. Just go to the "game selection" web page (https://www.rithockey.com/Online/default.asp). Then search for event Blue Cross. The first option will be the Michigan game and the option to buy tickets is linked.
                    For the lazy, will buying BCA/Homecoming tickets now be cheaper than buy the Season+BCA package through RIT?
                    2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                    2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                    2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                    2010 Frozen Four/National Semi-Finalists!
                    2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                    2011 (Dec) Catamount Cup Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by RITProf View Post
                      If a team improves their chances at the AHA championship by experimenting in the OOC games, then it is a very valid question whether it is best for the team to go ahead and experiment or not. Until that question becomes a no-brainer, it makes no sense for a team to do something that benefits the league while not benefiting themselves. I think this whole discussion shows that the AHA is right near that "tipping point" where it makes most sense for all teams to leave the experiments at home and win as many as possible and that is because it is very close to being the best thing for the individual team. Teams aren't here to help each other make the tournament.

If Coach Wilson believes that experimenting in OOC games will maximize RIT's chance at the tournament, then that is what he should do in order to do his job as well as possible. He shouldn't lose a minute's sleep over the fact that such actions might cost Niagara or AFA an at large bid. If the goal was to help other teams, then RIT should always lose to them.

I’m not sure if this was directed at me or not, but I will respond. I agree that Wilson should do whatever he thinks is best for RIT with no regard to the rest of the AHA. I wasn’t trying to suggest otherwise. I was simply pointing out that many people use the AHA’s lack of OOC success as a reason to experiment in those games since they do not matter and will most likely not help get RIT get into the NCAA’s, while RIT experimentation doesn’t help with the leagues overall OOC record either. The whole Catch-22 thing.

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                      I'll maintain the OOC games are LESS important than conference games. I'll also maintain that many non-conference opponents are using AHA teams as experimentation. When RIT went out to Minnesota State, one of the radio commentators who was from the area said that these games would be referred to as "exhibitions". I would rather experiment during these OOC games than in conference games. As for leaving the experimentation for exhibition games and practice, there aren't enough exhibition games to get a good feel and some things look better in practice than they do in a game.

A majority of teams can afford to as, for the most part, the AHA have easier teams to play against. Simply put they can afford to experiment more against the AHA and still for the most part get a win. A good coach leaves experimenting for practice and the exhibition game(s) as I think a vast majority of what is going to work or not work can be figured out then. If a coach can’t figure out what works within those confines then well, I don’t think they are a good coach in that aspect of their profession. (Cue Ed defending Wilson ….. )

I simply have different philosophy about OOC games than what a lot of people here do, and based upon what I perceive, from Wilson does.
                      My Four Favorite teams:
                      RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
                      Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Thanks!

RIT Tigers
                        Men's Frozen Four 2010

Comment

Originally posted by redhotzep96 View Post
                          For the lazy, will buying BCA/Homecoming tickets now be cheaper than buy the Season+BCA package through RIT?
                          Going on GA Adult prices only, the difference between Full season tickets and Ritter only season tickets is $35. A BCA ticket is $15, and a Frontier Field ticket is $10 for "limited view," $15 for 100 Level, and $25 for 200 level. So it will be the same, or cheaper, to buy BCA now and FF when available, and the Ritter Only season tickets.

RIT Tigers
                          Men's Frozen Four 2010

Comment

Before you all jump the gun on buying tickets...from the Corner Crew FB page:

I just spoke with Scott the AAD about Season Tickets. There will be a special Corner Crew package for us where the Blue Cross and Frontier game will put you in a GA section set asside for just Corner Crew. So you can still get the deal price buying the full package and get to sit in the CC section. Stay tuned for the special code you will need to enter to get this package.
                            -Goon-
                            RIT

Comment

• Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
                              Going on GA Adult prices only, the difference between Full season tickets and Ritter only season tickets is $35. A BCA ticket is $15, and a Frontier Field ticket is $10 for "limited view," $15 for 100 Level, and $25 for 200 level. So it will be the same, or cheaper, to buy BCA now and FF when available, and the Ritter Only season tickets.
                              I believe the full season ticket package includes a $25 ticket to the game at frontier field. So it will cost $5 more to get the same tickets. But the advantage is you get to pick your seats.

Comment

I think you beat the system, I am getting On sale Tue Jul 30 2013 - 10:00 AM

The question I have is if you are going to be a season ticket holder and you know your going to have friends coming to the game can you reserve extra tickets with them? Judging by the site I don't think so, your going to have wait till single game tickets are available.... If anyone comes across this answer be appreciated...

There has to be a better way to do this...
                                Last edited by Tom Naeger; 07-12-2013, 09:46 PM.
                                Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                                The Mule
                                Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Working...
                                X