• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers - 2013 Offseason: The Future Looks Bright <<<

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
    How so?

Powers &8^]
    IF the rumor is true...
    He didn't seem to respond all that well while competing for a spot last year. Maybe he feels he needs to know he's the undisputed # 1. Good Luck with that. Earn it first.
    Can't we all just get along?
    Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Or he feels #1 spot just isn't going to happen. Remember I'm basically pulling this speculation out of my best guess/nether regions.

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
      IF the rumor is true...
      He didn't seem to respond all that well while competing for a spot last year. Maybe he feels he needs to know he's the undisputed # 1. Good Luck with that. Earn it first.
      RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
        Or he feels #1 spot just isn't going to happen. Remember I'm basically pulling this speculation out of my best guess/nether regions.
        You're spot on there. Being pulled for Ruby last year and riding the bench the rest of the year, basically told him that he wasn't going to be playing much for the remainder of his Tiger's career.
        RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

IF the rumor is true...
          Exactly. No big loss here. At his best, I would not feel comfortable with Watty as a long term starter, and he was not at his best very often.
          RIT

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
            Exactly. No big loss here. At his best, I would not feel comfortable with Watty as a long term starter, and he was not at his best very often.
            .... And we just went from being nice to being mean. Not cool. First off he played very well at times (I remember one game at Niagara specifically). He was considered a very good recruit (4th best goaltender recruit from INCH his year). Honestly, I feel bad for him. He could have been very good. Do I think Ruby played well enough that he probably would have won the job anyway? Yes. Still, Watson was and is a very good goaltender.

Comment

Originally posted by Zyklon View Post
              .... And we just went from being nice to being mean. Not cool. First off he played very well at times (I remember one game at Niagara specifically). He was considered a very good recruit (4th best goaltender recruit from INCH his year). Honestly, I feel bad for him. He could have been very good. Do I think Ruby played well enough that he probably would have won the job anyway? Yes. Still, Watson was and is a very good goaltender.
              Any goalie can have a good game here and there. Rick DiPietro has had NHL shutouts. Watson was a huge letdown, especially considering the hype with which he was brought in with. Is he a good goalie? Sure, relatively speaking. He was able to play D1 college hockey, but compared to those that came before (and immediately after) him, he was not good enough.

It's not like he's been injured or forced to retire or had his education ruined...he quit. He gave up. It was his choice, and one has to imagine it was the best choice for him, so I don't see any need for crocodile tears. Everyone wins here.
              RIT

Comment

Originally posted by Zyklon View Post
                How is that mean? We can't offer an honest appraisal in our opinion unless it is positive? I don't think Winters or myself said anything derogatory about the kid, just our opinion of his middling performance, that's all. I wish him no harm nor think ill of him as a person. I just wasn't too excited about what he showed us on the ice most of the season.
                Can't we all just get along?
                Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Lets refocus the hate back on RIT... no recruits or schedule yet!?? Rabble rabble.
                  RIT Tigers

Comment

How is that mean? We can't offer an honest appraisal in our opinion unless it is positive? I don't think Winters or myself said anything derogatory about the kid, just our opinion of his middling performance, that's all. I wish him no harm nor think ill of him as a person. I just wasn't too excited about what he showed us on the ice most of the season.
                    I think he would be a good DIII goalie. I think if he had some of the defenses that RIT had a couple years ago, he would have done better. That being said, I think Ruby is a better goalie and certainly should get first crack at the starting job.
                    2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                    2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                    2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                    2010 Frozen Four participant
                    2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
                      Really? I'm surprised how front-loaded the OOC schedule is if that's the case..
                      I would rather the schedule be more front-loaded with OOC games for 2 reasons. The first is that it gets the team ready for the conference season. Coach can see what lines and defensive pairings work well without sacrificing conference points. Niagara basically earned their at-large bid by dominating the conference season, while only being mediocre in non-conference. The second reason is that other coaches will be doing the same thing and a better chance to score a win or two. We have seen Coach put in the #2 goalie more in the beginning of the season to see what he has. Our OOC opponents may do the same.
                      2010 Frozen Four participant

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Niagara got the at-large bid because 1) they dominated the AHA 2)Robert Morris and AIC (Quinnipiac) got us some big OOC wins. Soo, it doesn't hurt to help to the OOC wins for the AHA.

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                        I would rather the schedule be more front-loaded with OOC games for 2 reasons. The first is that it gets the team ready for the conference season. Coach can see what lines and defensive pairings work well without sacrificing conference points. Niagara basically earned their at-large bid by dominating the conference season, while only being mediocre in non-conference. The second reason is that other coaches will be doing the same thing and a better chance to score a win or two. We have seen Coach put in the #2 goalie more in the beginning of the season to see what he has. Our OOC opponents may do the same.
                        RIT Tigers

Comment

Schedule posted at: http://www.ritathletics.com/schedule...323&path=mhock

I haven't seen a release about it yet though.
                          Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                          College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                          Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
                          Men's Frozen Four 2010
                          Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                          Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
                            Schedule posted at: http://www.ritathletics.com/schedule...323&path=mhock

I haven't seen a release about it yet though.
                            Here ya are: http://www.ritathletics.com/news/201...610133018.aspx

Knockin' both of our 'Hurst and RoMo away games out in one weekend: 11/8-11/9.
                            Last edited by redhotzep96; 06-10-2013, 10:31 AM.
                            2010 Frozen Four/National Semi-Finalists!
                            2011 (Dec) Catamount Cup Champions!

Comment

Nothing like starting the season with 6 OOC games.

Originally posted by redhotzep96 View Post
                              Here ya are: http://www.ritathletics.com/news/201...610133018.aspx

Knockin' both of our 'Hurst and RoMo away games out in one weekend: 11/8-11/9.
                              RIT Tigers

Comment

"It is the fifth straight year RIT will be home during its annual homecoming weekend"
                                Not for nothing, but wouldn't one expect to be home during your annual "homecoming weekend"????

Schedule looks good, I hope to make it to the Brick City weekend, as well as a few games to say goodbye to the Ritter this year. Going to try to make it to Clarkson for one and both of the games at the JAR. It is nice to have a brother-in-law living in Worcester.
                                John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
                                AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                                AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
                                NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
                                NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
                                NCAA DII - 1983
                                NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Working...
                                X