PDA

View Full Version : #4 SCSU vs. #1 Notre Dame in Toledo: Jan and Rudy for a One Night (Afternoon) Stand

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

SCSU Euro
03-24-2013, 11:23 PM
SCSU won a MacNaughton, Notre Dame won a Mason, and now they square off in Toledo.

Enjoy

klbaum1077
03-24-2013, 11:58 PM
Welcome to Toledo to both of your schools. Good Luck this weekend. See downtown on Saturday afternoon.

SCSU Euro
03-25-2013, 12:09 AM
Welcome to Toledo to both of your schools. Good Luck this weekend. See downtown on Saturday afternoon.

I will see every beautiful thing Toledo has to offer that ESPN3 is willing to show me

Reverse Sanity
03-25-2013, 05:34 AM
Thanks to ESPNU for all the love. You wouldn't know SCSU was even in the tournament unless you noticed the graphics. We could get more love if we open a SCSU Campus East anywhere east of Ohio. Or perhaps we could put a Beanpot logo on our jerseys.

Husckey Domi Nation
03-25-2013, 08:52 AM
Thanks to ESPNU for all the love. You wouldn't know SCSU was even in the tournament unless you noticed the graphics. We could get more love if we open a SCSU Campus East anywhere east of Ohio. Or perhaps we could put a Beanpot logo on our jerseys.

With respect to the ESPNU three plays of the year, one play was simply a tip of the hat to Jerry York and the other two plays involved teams preventing SCSU from scoring a certain goal.

Loved Barry Melrose say "here's Rumpel throwing his stick" and then he's uncertain as to the result of that act.

scsutommyboy
03-25-2013, 09:51 AM
ESPN sucks...... I say that every year so it's not like their pathetic coverage surprises anybody. I am hoping somebody can get this on TV so I don't have to hook my lap top up to my TV and have a crappy picture.

This one should be a good one. The Huskies had the better of play against Sconnie and got some bad breaks. Hopefully those breaks even out and they can pull two wins this weekend. Notre Dame looks good so it is going to be a battle.

Husky4Life
03-25-2013, 10:42 AM
Gritt Vs Glam

Let's get greasy!

RPI fan 4 life
03-25-2013, 10:45 AM
Gritt Vs Glam

Let's get greasy!

I'm sorry... Are we related? :)

goldy_331
03-25-2013, 11:23 AM
Man, this should be a great game, I like both teams' style. Wish it gets picked up live by someone I can get on Direct TV dish. Good luck Huskies!

Tipsy McStagger
03-25-2013, 11:49 AM
Liking our draw. Feel good about our chances to get to the Frozen Four. This game looks like the best matchup in the first round, in my opinion.

SCSU red army
03-25-2013, 12:36 PM
its still to bad about how we got placed into the #4 seed but with that considered I kinda think of notre dame as the same way but slipping into a #1 seed. I really actually like our chances here at least for being a #4 seed. This should be a good game to watch.

The Exiled One
03-25-2013, 01:20 PM
The Huskies can already place this season amongst their top three in the D1 era. I'm going to avoid being greedy and expect nothing more than a competitive game (while hoping for much more).

Notre Dame is a hell of a team. Good luck out east next season (and less luck in the midwest this season).

scsutommyboy
03-25-2013, 01:30 PM
The Huskies can already place this season amongst their top three in the D1 era. I'm going to avoid being greedy and expect nothing more than a competitive game (while hoping for much more).

Notre Dame is a hell of a team. Good luck out east next season (and less luck in the midwest this season).

I think anything less than a frozen four makes this season a huge dissapointment..... I actually expect this program to play like WCHA champions.:)

SCSU BlackandRed
03-25-2013, 01:34 PM
Been on USCHO for years and finally registered to post. Have really enjoyed reading now actually going to try to contribute.

Alum of SCSU. The first year at the NHC was my sophomore year at Cloud if I am remembering it correctly. Been following the team ever since, some years more closely than others. This is clearly one of the best SCSU teams I remember watching. Hoping for the best against Notre Dame but expecting the usual round one exit. Was expecting much more but the last month or so has not been kind. Regardless, will be watching this weekend. Go Huskies!

Craig P.
03-25-2013, 02:51 PM
I kinda think of notre dame as the same way but slipping into a #1 seed.

Whatever else the Irish may have done, they didn't "slip into" a #1 seed. They seized the opportunity on the ice with some of their best hockey of the season against OSU and Michigan—the latter was widely seen as the hottest team in the country going into Sunday's final.

firstpusk
03-25-2013, 03:10 PM
Whatever else the Irish may have done, they didn't "slip into" a #1 seed. They seized the opportunity on the ice with some of their best hockey of the season against OSU and Michigan—the latter was widely seen as the hottest team in the country going into Sunday's final.

I think you meant to say God got tired of Michigan making the tournament every year...;)

The Exiled One
03-25-2013, 03:20 PM
I agree. The Irish have a good team and earned the #1 seed. I hope and expect the Huskies will give them a good game and I'm sure Jackson and his troops are preparing for just that. Many will consider it an upset if the Huskies manage to beat the Irish (even if only a minor upset).

SCSU red army
03-25-2013, 03:33 PM
That is true they are a great team and did watch the game against michigan and was pretty impressed. I guess in terms of "slipping" its really just applying to st.cloud. It was just awful to see them go from #7 to #12 in the pairwise by just that game against wisconsin. That being said, they have not been playing their best lately but I really do consider this team deserving a #3 seed in the tournament. After last weekend though, it hardly seemed like the seeding even mattered haha. There were upsets left and right, I think the our lost against wisconsin was very fair even though there was a questionable stick throwing incident against the badgers goalie. Wisconsin is hot right now and they deserved that. but who ever wouldve expected umn to lose against cc? My point is, with all these upsets and unexpected outcomes, I will not be surprised with more this weekend.

North of the Crow
03-25-2013, 03:41 PM
I'm hoping FS North picks this game up. They currently have a fishing show, paid programming and a replay of a Twins-Reds game scheduled for Saturday afternoon. Make it happen FS North!

Craig P.
03-25-2013, 03:48 PM
My point is, with all these upsets and unexpected outcomes, I will not be surprised with more this weekend.

I certainly agree with you there. From ND's perspective, our best results have come from lower seeds, though both times we lost as a #1 seed, the biggest issue was a failure to put a non-major-conference team away (double OT win vs. UAH tired them out before playing MSU in '07, lost to Bemidji in '09).