Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin vs. UMass-Lowell (Bucky vs. Rowdy) - NCAA Northeast Regional Friday 3/29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin vs. UMass-Lowell (Bucky vs. Rowdy) - NCAA Northeast Regional Friday 3/2

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
    Zulinick...derp
    Loving the Wisconsin talk.
    Let's go Lowell.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin vs. UMass-Lowell (Bucky vs. Rowdy) - NCAA Northeast Regional Friday 3/2

Originally posted by streeter View Post
      I'm hoping its ECAC... they are use to calling tight checking games...
      I think this is one of the most challenging pieces of the regional format for players. The refs in other conferences call things very differently. DU and Bucky play some physical hockey. It could end up being a factor in both of Friday's games. I personally would be happier with CCHA or AH refs. ECAC refs have never really seen a truly physical hockey game. What they experience is more like what a judge goes through schmoozing with lawyers at the judicial center of a place like Lexington or Wellesley Mass. Now Lowell, that's a different story!
      Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
        I think this is one of the most challenging pieces of the regional format for players. The refs in other conferences call things very differently. DU and Bucky play some physical hockey. It could end up being a factor in both of Friday's games. I personally would be happier with CCHA or AH refs. ECAC refs have never really seen a truly physical hockey game. What they experience is more like what a judge goes through schmoozing with lawyers at the judicial center of a place like Lexington or Wellesley Mass. Now Lowell, that's a different story!
        i thought CCHA refs were penalty happy... and AHA... oy, last I heard HEA administered them and they make the usual gang of idiots look like Rhodes scholars.
        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
        Skating Friar Jersey
        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Originally posted by Patman View Post
          i thought CCHA refs were penalty happy... and AHA... oy, last I heard HEA administered them and they make the usual gang of idiots look like Rhodes scholars.
          Last I heard, AHA fans hate AHA refs, HEA fans hate HEA refs, WCHA fans hate WCHA refs, CCHA fans hate CCHA Refs, and ECHA fans hate ECHA refs.

Comment

Well written article summarizing why we've all been agonizing over our brackets this week.
            http://www.grandforksherald.com/even...cle/id/259965/
            Go Pioneers!

Comment

Northeastern Regional Press Conferences Link

Start today.

Comment

http://sbn.to/102mfVg
                https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Schedule of events : Refuse to post a DU link.

2013 NCAA MEN’S ICE HOCKEY NORTHEAST REGIONAL SCHEDULE OF EVENTS - MANCHESTER, N.H.

Thursday, March 28
                  10:15 a.m. - 11:15 a.m. ESPN team headshots and interviews (Wisconsin)
                  11:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Media headquarters and creden�� al distribu�� on
                  Loca�� on: Verizon Wireless Arena - Media Gate - corner of Lake and Chestnut
                  12:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. Light Snacks and Drinks for Media
                  11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Prac�� ce (Wisconsin)
                  11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. ESPN team headshots and interviews (UMass-Lowell)
                  12:45 - 1:15 p.m. News conference (Wisconsin) LINK
                  12:45 - 1:45 p.m. Prac�� ce (UMass-Lowell)
                  12:45 - 1:45 p.m. ESPN team headshots and interviews (Denver)
                  2 - 2:30 p.m. News conference (UMass-Lowell) LINK
                  2 - 3 p.m. Prac�� ce (Denver)
                  2 - 3 p.m. ESPN team headshots and interviews (UNH)
                  3:15 - 3:45 p.m. News conference (Denver)
                  3:15 - 4:15 p.m. Prac�� ce (UNH)
                  4:30 - 5 p.m. News conference (UNH)
                  5:30 - 6:30 p.m. Pre-tournament mee�� ng
                  Loca�� on: Hilton Garden Inn, Manchester, NH
                  6:30 - 7:30 p.m. Post mee�� ng recep�� on
                  Loca�� on: Hilton Garden Inn, Manchester, NH

Friday, March 299 - 9:40 a.m. Prac�� ce A (Game #1 Higher Seed picks Prac�� ce A or B)
                  9:55 - 10:35 a.m. Prac�� ce B
                  10:50 - 11:30 a.m. Prac�� ce C (Game #2 Higher Seed picks Prac�� ce C or D)
                  11:45 - 12:25 p.m. Prac�� ce D
                  2:30 - 8:00 p.m. Media headquarters and creden�� al distribu�� on
                  Loca�� on: Verizon Wireless Arena - Media Gate - corner of Lake and Chestnut
                  3:00 - 8:00 p.m. Pregame media luncheon
                  Loca�� on: Verizon Wireless Arena
                  3:50 p.m. Game #1 Warmup
                  4:30 p.m. Face-off Game #1
                  Postgame News conference with par�� cipa�� ng coaches and student-athletes (losing team followed by winning
                  team) LINK
                  8:00 p.m. Face-off Game #2
                  Postgame News conference with par�� cipa�� ng coaches and student-athletes (losing team followed by winning
                  team)
                  Saturday, March 30
                  10 - 11 a.m. Prac�� ce (Winner of Game #1)
                  11:15 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. Prac�� ce (Winner of Game #2)
                  4:00 - 6:30 p.m. Media headquarters and creden�� al distribu�� on
                  4:00 - 6:30 p.m. Pregame media luncheon
                  5:50 p.m. Game #3 Warmup
                  6:30 p.m. Face-off Northeast regional fi nal
                  team)
                  Last edited by Pesky McGrath; 03-28-2013, 07:27 AM. Reason: Added link to News conferences

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                    The refs in other conferences call things very differently. DU and Bucky play some physical hockey. It could end up being a factor in both of Friday's games.
                    Wisconsin is at it's best when we can stay out of the box, and frankly, when the opponent does the same. When we play 5 on 5 hockey and roll four lines we have given most teams fits for long stretches. While our top two lines have put up most of the points, it's really the third line of Little, Little Dahl, and Little, that does a lot of the damage. I don't believe there's a better third line in the country and those three guys will wear you out with their hard work and awareness on the ice. While we've been excellent on the pk down the stretch, getting into a fluky game with a lot of penalties has been much tougher on us. The refs don't go all whistle happy and we're gonna be one bad mamba-jamba to play against.

Coming in as the #1 seed and carrying all the hard earned confidence that goes with it, I fully expect UML to play a great game. I do imagine there is some small chance that the big stage could have an effect on their play, I don't know. From Wisconsin's perspective, whatever history and tradition exists at Wisconsin, most all of it comes from the results of post season play. The boys certainly don't feel like a #4 seed and they won't play like one. This game, and should we win, those that follow, are why these kids came to UW. I am very confident they will feel at right at home and be ready to go.

Any time UW makes the tournament, we fully expect to be in the championship game. Obviously doesn't always work out that way, but it is what every player, coach, and fan expects. We are extremely proud of our NCAA record: 23 appearances; 12 Frozen fours, 9 championship games, and 6 NCAA titles. Hard to say what role the psychology of history and tradition plays in these games. If it plays any, (I think it can/does) advantage Badgers:

Originally posted by WiscTJK
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                    Originally posted by Timothy A
                    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                      From Wisconsin's perspective, whatever history and tradition exists at Wisconsin, most all of it comes from the results of post season play. The boys certainly don't feel like a #4 seed and they won't play like one. This game, and should we win, those that follow, are why these kids came to UW. I am very confident they will feel at right at home and be ready to go.

Plus, we just won the WCHA Final Five in front of very likely 4 times as many hostile fans and a vastly larger television audience.

An NCAA regional is actually a step down and I just hope the boys can re-focus in time.

Comment

"Coming in as the #1 seed and carrying all the hard earned confidence that goes with it, I fully expect UML to play a great game. I do imagine there is some small chance that the big stage could have an effect on their play, I don't know."

Boston Garden for HEA Final in front of 14,000 (5k-6k of them hostile fans of the team who beat them in every other final they'd been to) is a pretty big stage. Manchester will seem almost cozy in comparison. UML also played 2 NCAA tournament games last year whereas only the WI seniors have NCAA experience. All that self reassuring stuff (I admit it, WI scares me) aside, I did think UML came out a little flat and tentative in the 1st period of the HEA Championship game. Hopefully they won't repeat that start tomorrow afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by aktick View Post
                          Last I heard, AHA fans hate AHA refs, HEA fans hate HEA refs, WCHA fans hate WCHA refs, CCHA fans hate CCHA Refs, and ECHA fans hate ECHA refs.
                          Don't forget that ECAC coaches hate WCHA refs! And then there's this wonderful quote.

Comment

Ok, can someone explain the ESPN3 thing to me? I have gone to the site, read the FAQ, and from my understanding, I won't be able to watch the game live. My Internet provider is TDS and my tv provider is Dish Network. I didn't see either one of them as valid options on espn3 or watch espn. Am I missing something or should I just plan on avoiding the internet for the 5 hours between the live game and the re-air on ESPNU?

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
                              Ok, can someone explain the ESPN3 thing to me? I have gone to the site, read the FAQ, and from my understanding, I won't be able to watch the game live. My Internet provider is TDS and my tv provider is Dish Network. I didn't see either one of them as valid options on espn3 or watch espn. Am I missing something or should I just plan on avoiding the internet for the 5 hours between the live game and the re-air on ESPNU?
                              See if it works, they broadcast other stuff... but I believe ESPN3 is often tied to the cable providers. I can't get ESPN3 at home as I have comcast internet but not cable... usual bull**** ring of nonsense.
                              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                              Skating Friar Jersey
                              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
                                I'm not sure what ESPN's deals are with various internet providers. If you want to know if you can stream ESPN3 on WatchESPN.com, just go at any time and try to stream an ESPN3 event. (Make sure it's one that isn't blacked out in the US, and make sure it says "ESPN3," as you still have to do extra stuff to stream ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPNU stuff even if ESPN3 stuff works fine.) If you can watch ESPN3 stuff, you'll be able to stream the game for free without a problem. There's a lot of legal thingies behind the scenes, but just try watching some ESPN3 events, as that's the easiest way to know if it will work. It's a pretty nice service when it has a game you want to watch.

Comment

Working...
                                X