PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin vs. UMass-Lowell (Bucky vs. Rowdy) - NCAA Northeast Regional Friday 3/29

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14

Almington
03-29-2013, 09:47 AM
The Lowell blog and their weekly edition of Two Minutes Hate: http://theiceislife.wordpress.com/2013/03/29/two-minutes-hate-who-cut-the-cheese/

UW finished 4th in the WCHA this season, not 6th. Neither of the Eaves boys wanted to play at UW.

You even missed the biggest joke of all. Having the PSU games moved for the state wrestling championship and having the SCSU games moved off campus for another high school championship.

We're Wisconsin, it's nothing gopher fans haven't said many time before. Minor deductions for being factually incorrect, major deductions for being boring and uncreative.

If you want to play with the big boys, you had better bring your A-game.

riverchief1
03-29-2013, 09:52 AM
No reason to get angry. Should be a great defensive game.

Yes, you Wisconsin fans seem normal and well-adjusted unlike the Miami fans last year. Very touchy those Redhawks were.

ClOuD 9
03-29-2013, 09:53 AM
UML has "The Band" ... Boston sports writers have declared the band "the best in the East." They travel as the Universities' "Jazz Rock Big Band" and play all over the country.
UML may have one of the best jazz bands in the East, but Wisconsin has one of the best hockey pep bands in the country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuksFzHANIw

Almington
03-29-2013, 09:58 AM
You guys at least have a sense of humor, the Miami fans were downright angry with last year's edition, didn't get it at all.

BTW, we're not UMass. That's the scumbag school out in Amherst with the lesser hockey program that can't hold a candle to us and didn't even make the HE playoffs this year (note that Lowell was first in regular season/won HE tournament and UMass was 9th out of 10 teams in HE this year). Lowell is just fine with us.

Ok, UMass-Jan it is.

burd
03-29-2013, 10:27 AM
Yes, you Wisconsin fans seem normal and well-adjusted unlike the Miami fans last year. Very touchy those Redhawks were.

A word of caution. When you start thinking Wisconsin fans are normal and well-adjusted, you need to call your therapist. When the answering machine gets to the part where they say "If this is an emergency . . ." you hit the next button and do what they say.

It may seem like they have a sense of humor, but that's just the way they think, and it's just not normal.

Buck 'em
03-29-2013, 11:34 AM
UML may have one of the best jazz bands in the East, but Wisconsin has the best hockey pep band in the country.

FYP :D

And thanks for posting that vid - really getting psyched for the game!

riverhawk2000
03-29-2013, 11:50 AM
Meh. We hear worse in every WCHA series thread.

It's hard to take anything too seriously from a fan of a school with a pedigree like UMASS. What's the claim to fame? Marcus Camby?

6 > 0

End of story.

Yes, I know you guys aren't Amherst, but who could tell and who really cares?

Don't be a clown, you know what school you're playing just as much as we know you're not La Crosse or Milwaukee.

Also, 7 > 0....but that logic didn't work out too well for BU fans last weekend!

WisconsinWildcard
03-29-2013, 11:51 AM
The Lowell blog and their weekly edition of Two Minutes Hate: http://theiceislife.wordpress.com/2013/03/29/two-minutes-hate-who-cut-the-cheese/

You might not know The Onion started in Madison. We know good satire...and this "ain't" it ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Onion#History

Fishhawk
03-29-2013, 12:12 PM
UML may have one of the best jazz bands in the East, but Wisconsin has one of the best hockey pep bands in the country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuksFzHANIw

Kinda like the Harlem shake! Except all white people...with questionable rhythm....to a 100 year old song. No wonder you guys have such great attendance at home games, the band has 4000 kids in it! :p

Just kidding, that was pretty cool! Gotta respect a school that gets that excited about hockey.

BTW, how many folks from WI do you think made the trip?

Gurtholfin
03-29-2013, 12:13 PM
Don't be a clown, you know what school you're playing just as much as we know you're not La Crosse or Milwaukee.

A fan from another HE program tipped us off that this would get under your skin. I didn't believe it would be so easy.

Personally, I'm starting to prefer UMASS-JAN though.

SanTropez
03-29-2013, 12:20 PM
A fan from another HE program tipped us off that this would get under your skin. I didn't believe it would be so easy.

seems to fit

WisconsinWildcard
03-29-2013, 12:23 PM

Better hope we hang on to our sticks

Patronick
03-29-2013, 01:44 PM
Excellent job, Lowell fans. One UMASS jab and you all jump like a troop of show dogs. I'm embarrassed to be associated with some of you.

Chief Wosinc
03-29-2013, 01:45 PM

What's with the JAN? If you want to try to insult us, as least let us know why it's insulting.

CleggyofUML
03-29-2013, 01:49 PM
Excellent job, Lowell fans. One UMASS jab and you all jump like a troop of show dogs. I'm embarrassed to be associated with some of you.

You think we'd be used to it by now...

KnowItAll
03-29-2013, 01:58 PM
You might not know The Onion started in Madison. We know good satire...and this "ain't" it ;)

I thought it was just insults for the sake of being insulting, not satire.
that blog NEVER made me think of The Onion.

ExileOnDaytonStreet
03-29-2013, 02:08 PM
What's with the JAN? If you want to try to insult us, as least let us know why it's insulting.

Ask a St Cloud State fan.

Patronick
03-29-2013, 02:09 PM
Ask a St Cloud State fan.

St. Cloud has fans?

ExileOnDaytonStreet
03-29-2013, 02:11 PM
St. Cloud has fans?

And they all sound like this:

http://youtu.be/-yZHveWFvqM

WisconsinWildcard
03-29-2013, 02:22 PM
I thought it was just insults for the sake of being insulting, not satire.
that blog NEVER made me think of The Onion.

I guess I look at insulting a strawman as satire. Semantics haha :)