Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin vs. UMass-Lowell (Bucky vs. Rowdy) - NCAA Northeast Regional Friday 3/29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin vs. UMass-Lowell (Bucky vs. Rowdy) - NCAA Northeast Regional Friday 3/2

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    Originally posted by UMLWeatherman View Post
    He has also been seen leading offensive rushes lately
    I always get confused when he does that
    Must be those concussion like symptoms he had earlier this year! He thinks he's a forward now!

Comment

Re: Wisconsin vs. UMass-Lowell (Bucky vs. Rowdy) - NCAA Northeast Regional Friday 3/2

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
      Another cousin of his, Jeremy Dehner ,was a 4-year player at Lowell as well, and one of the best all-around defensemen the team has had in the past decade.
      And strangely, Lowell just picked up a commit yesterday from another defenseman originally from Madison.
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Shared it on the UNH vs. DU thread - DU is coming east today and apparently stopping along the way to pick up WISCO. For some reason I find this very amusing.

Badger team standing on the runway with a big sign held out "Manchester NH" waiting for somebody to land.

DU team captain sticking his head out the plan door - "hey you guys need a ride"

etc.
        "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
          And strangely, Lowell just picked up a commit yesterday from another defenseman originally from Madison.
          I'm sure he's not likely a suter, but again, if we can tap that vein it's full of gold
          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
          Skating Friar Jersey
          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

That Ryan Suter guy haa been pretty good in a Wild sweater. He keeps it up and I may even forgive his time as a BADger.

Comment

Originally posted by WrathOfAramark View Post
              Must be those concussion like symptoms he had earlier this year! He thinks he's a forward now!
              Heh.

Comment

Originally posted by WrathOfAramark View Post
                Jake has been a very solid stay at home defenseman this year. He blocks a ton of shots. Has excellent positioning and gap control. Doesn't panic when pressed in his own zone. Not a huge shot, but moves the puck very well in the offensive zone.
                Sounds like a Suter to me.
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                  A friend just called and asked me about a rumor of Madison TVW picking up the game. I went on their website...AND IT IS CONFIRMED.

TVW (Television Wisconsin) is available throughout the Madison market on over-the-air digital channel 3-2, on Charter Cable channel 14, and on DirecTV channel 14. I used to have DISH network and I know they DO NOT have it.

EDIT: I just noticed icebadger posted the same info a couple hours ago on the UW thread.
                  On my Charter system channel 14 QVC. Looks like I may have to get a cable to plug my daughter's laptop into the 50" plasma.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I'm really looking forward to this game and I'm sure Wisconsin will feed off the large and loud Lowell crowd as they would love nothing better than to silence us.

Hope to meet some Wisconsin fans and have some good banter. May the best team win.
                    Let's go Lowell.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin vs. UMass-Lowell (Bucky vs. Rowdy) - NCAA Northeast Regional Friday 3/2

I know Lowell sold out their allotment from what I understand but don't know an exact number as Tsongas box office people look shellshocked! The 200 student ticket packages sold out in less than a day (not a bad deal $10 for 3 games and a bus ride, then they moved on to a $27 deal when the first 200 sold out) so I'm thinking that's at least 5 buses coming up. This doesn't count others who bought separately and all the non-students. Estimate was up to 1,000 UML fans on Bazin's weekly coach's update but that was what was in Bridgeport give or take, much further away. Anecdotally I'm hearing 2,000-2,500 but who knows after UML overran the Garden last weekend with estimates over 6,000 on Saturday night.

Eagerly awaiting Friday, heading up early for lunch at Red Arrow Diner with daughter and then over to Murphys.
                      Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                      Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                      Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin vs. UMass-Lowell (Bucky vs. Rowdy) - NCAA Northeast Regional Friday 3/2

This is the best first round match up with the DU/UNH game being the second. There is no reason for there to be any empty seats in Manchester. People in the hockey starved east don't usually get to see this kind of quality hockey. Bring your friends and their girlfriends. I wish this game was a little later. 2:30 mtn start will make it so I will most likely miss at least the first period. I just saw Bucky's run at the X last weekend. They are playing good hockey as are the Riverhawks. I expect this will be a close one and may be decided by puck luck.
                        Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                          That Ryan Suter guy haa been pretty good in a Wild sweater. He keeps it up and I may even forgive his time as a BADger.
                          HE wasn't a badger for very long at all and skates wtih Phil Kessel in the offseason so that may make it easier as well... lol

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                            This is shockingly bad, especially for a team like Wisconsin.
                            As Coach eaves would say. stats are for people with good stats.... those averages Obviously include the rough stretch from Oct-Nov... look at their numbers in the 2nd half of the year since they have had their full roster in tact and healthy and you will get different numbers..... Its about what you do in the next game and if wisco goes 2-4 or 2-5 on the PP on friday I like their chances....

Comment

• Originally posted by streeter View Post
                              As Coach eaves would say. stats are for people with good stats.... those averages Obviously include the rough stretch from Oct-Nov... look at their numbers in the 2nd half of the year since they have had their full roster in tact and healthy and you will get different numbers..... Its about what you do in the next game and if wisco goes 2-4 or 2-5 on the PP on friday I like their chances....
                              Wisconsin has played zero games this year without missing someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                                Wisconsin has played zero games this year without missing someone.
                                Good job missing my point!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X