PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin vs. UMass-Lowell (Bucky vs. Rowdy) - NCAA Northeast Regional Friday 3/29

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

MagnessMan
03-27-2013, 09:09 PM
This is the best first round match up with the DU/UNH game being the second. There is no reason for there to be any empty seats in Manchester. People in the hockey starved east don't usually get to see this kind of quality hockey. :D Bring your friends and their girlfriends. I wish this game was a little later. 2:30 mtn start will make it so I will most likely miss at least the first period. I just saw Bucky's run at the X last weekend. They are playing good hockey as are the Riverhawks. I expect this will be a close one and may be decided by puck luck.

streeter
03-27-2013, 09:37 PM
That Ryan Suter guy haa been pretty good in a Wild sweater. He keeps it up and I may even forgive his time as a BADger.

HE wasn't a badger for very long at all and skates wtih Phil Kessel in the offseason so that may make it easier as well... lol

streeter
03-27-2013, 09:42 PM
This is shockingly bad, especially for a team like Wisconsin.

As Coach eaves would say. stats are for people with good stats.... those averages Obviously include the rough stretch from Oct-Nov... look at their numbers in the 2nd half of the year since they have had their full roster in tact and healthy and you will get different numbers..... Its about what you do in the next game and if wisco goes 2-4 or 2-5 on the PP on friday I like their chances....

Almington
03-27-2013, 09:47 PM
As Coach eaves would say. stats are for people with good stats.... those averages Obviously include the rough stretch from Oct-Nov... look at their numbers in the 2nd half of the year since they have had their full roster in tact and healthy and you will get different numbers..... Its about what you do in the next game and if wisco goes 2-4 or 2-5 on the PP on friday I like their chances....

Wisconsin has played zero games this year without missing someone.

streeter
03-27-2013, 09:50 PM
Wisconsin has played zero games this year without missing someone.

Good job missing my point!!!

MagnessMan
03-27-2013, 09:53 PM
So refresh my tired memory. How do the ref assignments work this weekend? HE is hosting Manchester does that mean they wear the stripes?

streeter
03-27-2013, 09:55 PM
So refresh my tired memory. How do the ref assignments work this weekend? HE is hosting Manchester does that mean they wear the stripes?

Good questions... no clue but I think we all kinda hope its not WCHA refs.... lol

Gainzo
03-27-2013, 09:58 PM

Good question. Can anyone let us know the ref assignments? Either way, you don't want Hockey East refs!

Almington
03-27-2013, 09:58 PM
Good job missing my point!!!

Don't be wrong and I won't have to correct you. UW has done what they have done over the 2nd half with a pair of top 6 forwards sidelined with injuries.

streeter
03-27-2013, 09:59 PM
Shared it on the UNH vs. DU thread - DU is coming east today and apparently stopping along the way to pick up WISCO. For some reason I find this very amusing.

Badger team standing on the runway with a big sign held out "Manchester NH" waiting for somebody to land.

DU team captain sticking his head out the plan door - "hey you guys need a ride"

etc.

LOL yeah the two teams split a charter plane.... no clue who's Idea this was and why but gonna be a bad flight back if one team makes the FF...

CleggyofUML
03-27-2013, 09:59 PM
Good question. Can anyone let us know the ref assignments? Either way, you don't want Hockey East refs!

My guess is that we'll get CCHA refs.
Why? Just a guess.

Almington
03-27-2013, 10:00 PM

Will be either ECAC or CCHA refs for all three games this weekend. Refs don't work ncaa games involving teams from their regular conference.

CleggyofUML
03-27-2013, 10:01 PM
Will be either ECAC or CCHA refs for all three games this weekend. Refs don't work ncaa games involving teams from their regular conference.

No chance for AHA refs?

Almington
03-27-2013, 10:04 PM
No chance for AHA refs?

I thought that AH used the same refs as HE. If that isn't the case anymore then it could be AHA refs.

streeter
03-27-2013, 10:19 PM
Don't be wrong and I won't have to correct you. UW has done what they have done over the 2nd half with a pair of top 6 forwards sidelined with injuries.

I really don't know what you are talking about... Derek Lee has missed the playoffs but he was in the lineup in the 2nd half... also lee doesn't play on the PK and mostly 2nd PP Duty... who's the other top 6 forward that hasn't played in the 2nd half?!?!

streeter
03-27-2013, 10:23 PM

I'm hoping its ECAC... they are use to calling tight checking games...

Almington
03-27-2013, 10:30 PM
I really don't know what you are talking about... Derek Lee has missed the playoffs but he was in the lineup in the 2nd half... also lee doesn't play on the PK and mostly 2nd PP Duty... who's the other top 6 forward that hasn't played in the 2nd half?!?!

Lee is, without question, the best PP QB on UW this year. He's been out for the 17 games or so. It isn't like he only missed the playoffs.

Zulinick is the other forward who had been out since the 7th game of the season.

Wisko McBadgerton
03-27-2013, 10:31 PM
I really don't know what I am talking about...!

FYP.

Streeter, with a bit of effort I think you will find that Almington is seldom wrong about such things.

aktick
03-27-2013, 10:34 PM
Lee is, without question, the best PP QB on UW this year.

This. Sad when Almington has to be our voice of reason. ;)

UWisco
03-27-2013, 10:43 PM

Zulinick...derp