Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin vs. UMass-Lowell (Bucky vs. Rowdy) - NCAA Northeast Regional Friday 3/29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin vs. UMass-Lowell (Bucky vs. Rowdy) - NCAA Northeast Regional Friday 3/2

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    The crowd will be pro-Lowell obviously, but I'm curious as to who the UNH fans will root for (if they show up for the first game)...?

Man, I still can't believe I'm missing this. Closest regional to my house, the first time Lowell is the #1 seed ... and I can't go.
    The Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce is worried that your absence will affect the economic impact of the regionals due to a reduction in local bar revenue.
    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
    Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Re: Wisconsin vs. UMass-Lowell (Bucky vs. Rowdy) - NCAA Northeast Regional Friday 3/2

Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
      Should I avoid sending score updates? Seems every time I do you are Tivo-ing the game
      I'll be at my brother's wedding, and ****ed about it. So updates are requested. And plenty of them. I'm even going to have my phone off silent for this one. I want Lowell to score a goal right during the ceremony when they ask "Does anyone have any objections?" and I just scream "YES!!!!!!!!!!!!"
      Originally posted by CleggyofUML View Post
      You aren't the only one Monty. I'm missing out because of work and I may miss Saturday as well if UML advances.
      See above. I'm out for the entire weekend. Charleston, SC weekend for me.
      Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
      The Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce is worried that your absence will affect the economic impact of the regionals due to a reduction in local bar revenue.
      My friend who owns Castro's has already said the same to me, they were looking forward to me showing up and smoking some cigars this weekend.
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by CleggyofUML View Post
        You aren't the only one Monty. I'm missing out because of work and I may miss Saturday as well if UML advances.
        Again Monty, thank you for the tickets what day are you leaving? Just so we can meet up to get them!
        BACK 2 BACK HE Champions whoda thunk it! Final Four 2013!

Comment

Any UML fans care to comment on the play of #28 Jake Suter this year?
          Badger fans may be interested because of Jake's deep family connections to UW. His father Gary played for the Badgers in the mid 80's following Jake's uncles, John and (Miracle on Ice'r) Bob, who both played with Mike Eaves and 3 other all Americans on our '77 NCAA Champion team, and Jake's cousin, NHL'er Ryan, starred for the Badgers in 2005.
          I see he has 1-4-5 /+5, but points don't always tell the story. Uncle Bob wasn't a big points guy, but was a great college player.
          Originally posted by WiscTJK
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
          Originally posted by Timothy A
          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
            Badger fans may be interested because of Jake's deep family connections to UW. His father Gary played for the Badgers in the mid 80's following Jake's uncles, John and (Miracle on Ice'r) Bob, who both played with Mike Eaves and 3 other all Americans on our '77 NCAA Champion team, and Jake's cousin, NHL'er Ryan, starred for the Badgers in 2005.
            I see he has 1-4-5 /+5, but points don't always tell the story. Uncle Bob wasn't a big points guy, but was a great college player.
            Jake has been a very solid stay at home defenseman this year. He blocks a ton of shots. Has excellent positioning and gap control. Doesn't panic when pressed in his own zone. Not a huge shot, but moves the puck very well in the offensive zone.

Comment

Originally posted by WrathOfAramark View Post
              Jake has been a very solid stay at home defenseman this year. He blocks a ton of shots. Has excellent positioning and gap control. Doesn't panic when pressed in his own zone. Not a huge shot, but moves the puck very well in the offensive zone.
              Good to hear he's had a solid year. Those Suter's are all heart regardless of their talent level with the puck. It will be even more awesome when Gary's 22 year plan comes together and Jake scores an own goal before taking off his jersey to reveal his Cardinal and White underneath and heading to the Badger's bench in the third period!

Just kidding.

Probably.
              Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 03-27-2013, 08:17 AM.
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Good to hear he's had a solid year. Those Suter's are all heart regardless of their talent level with the puck. It will be even more awesome when Gary's 22 year plan comes together and Jake scores an own goal before taking off his jersey to reveal his Cardinal and White underneath and heading to the Badger's bench in the third period!

Just kidding.

Probably.
                Or plays out of his mind knowing he'll never hear the end of it otherwise
                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                Skating Friar Jersey
                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Just kidding.

Probably.
                  Salt of the earth kid and family. Kid is fun to watch. Sometimes it seems like he blocks more shots than the goalie during his shift.

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                  This I would believe.

Comment

Another cousin of his, Jeremy Dehner ,was a 4-year player at Lowell as well, and one of the best all-around defensemen the team has had in the past decade.
                    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by WrathOfAramark View Post
                      He has also been seen leading offensive rushes lately
                      UML 2007 B.S. Meteorology, 2012 M.S. Meteorology

2013 Hockey East Tournament Champions.
                      2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions.
                      2017 Hockey East Tournament Champions.

http://storm.uml.edu
                      https://***********/umlweatherman

Comment

Originally posted by UMLWeatherman View Post
                        He has also been seen leading offensive rushes lately
                        I always get confused when he does that

Comment

Originally posted by forsberg21 View Post
                          UW 2.71 goals per game / 2.02 goals against / 12.88% PP / 80.8% PK
                          This is shockingly bad, especially for a team like Wisconsin.
                          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                            Believe it or not, it looks even worse in person. Far to much thinking going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                              Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                              Salt of the earth kid and family. Kid is fun to watch. Sometimes it seems like he blocks more shots than the goalie during his shift.
                              I'm sure he will be jacked up with the opportunity to play against his Dad's and Uncle's alma mater. The Suter's run a good hockey camp in Madison, and hard work and shot blocking runs in the family. Ryan was a tremendous at it in college and it fit nicely in with his big time puck skills. Hope Jake plays great in the UML loss Friday.
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                                The pp still has issues but is better the last ten games, and the pk has been good to excellent down the stretch against some of the top pp's in the country. Season stats for UW aren't very indicative of how the team has been playing since getting most of the guys (except senior F Derek Lee who will still be out this weekend) in the line up and playing together for a bit. It's been a strange and injury plagued season especially for our top forwards.
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Working...
                                X