PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin vs. UMass-Lowell (Bucky vs. Rowdy) - NCAA Northeast Regional Friday 3/29

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Wisko McBadgerton
03-27-2013, 08:11 AM
Jake has been a very solid stay at home defenseman this year. He blocks a ton of shots. Has excellent positioning and gap control. Doesn't panic when pressed in his own zone. Not a huge shot, but moves the puck very well in the offensive zone.

Good to hear he's had a solid year. Those Suter's are all heart regardless of their talent level with the puck. It will be even more awesome when Gary's 22 year plan comes together and Jake scores an own goal before taking off his jersey to reveal his Cardinal and White underneath and heading to the Badger's bench in the third period!

Just kidding.

Probably.

Patman
03-27-2013, 08:24 AM
Good to hear he's had a solid year. Those Suter's are all heart regardless of their talent level with the puck. It will be even more awesome when Gary's 22 year plan comes together and Jake scores an own goal before taking off his jersey to reveal his Cardinal and White underneath and heading to the Badger's bench in the third period!

Just kidding.

Probably.

Or plays out of his mind knowing he'll never hear the end of it otherwise

leswp1
03-27-2013, 08:33 AM

Just kidding.

Probably.Salt of the earth kid and family. Kid is fun to watch. Sometimes it seems like he blocks more shots than the goalie during his shift.

Or plays out of his mind knowing he'll never hear the end of it otherwiseThis I would believe.

ScottK
03-27-2013, 08:34 AM
Any UML fans care to comment on the play of #28 Jake Suter this year?
Badger fans may be interested because of Jake's deep family connections to UW. His father Gary played for the Badgers in the mid 80's following Jake's uncles, John and (Miracle on Ice'r) Bob, who both played with Mike Eaves and 3 other all Americans on our '77 NCAA Champion team, and Jake's cousin, NHL'er Ryan, starred for the Badgers in 2005.
I see he has 1-4-5 /+5, but points don't always tell the story. Uncle Bob wasn't a big points guy, but was a great college player.

Another cousin of his, Jeremy Dehner ,was a 4-year player at Lowell as well, and one of the best all-around defensemen the team has had in the past decade.

UMLWeatherman
03-27-2013, 08:35 AM
Jake has been a very solid stay at home defenseman this year. He blocks a ton of shots. Has excellent positioning and gap control. Doesn't panic when pressed in his own zone. Not a huge shot, but moves the puck very well in the offensive zone.

He has also been seen leading offensive rushes lately :eek:

leswp1
03-27-2013, 08:41 AM
He has also been seen leading offensive rushes lately :eek:I always get confused when he does that :p

Nick Papagiorgio
03-27-2013, 08:47 AM
UW 2.71 goals per game / 2.02 goals against / 12.88% PP / 80.8% PK

This is shockingly bad, especially for a team like Wisconsin.

Almington
03-27-2013, 08:54 AM

Believe it or not, it looks even worse in person. Far to much thinking going on.

Wisko McBadgerton
03-27-2013, 08:54 AM
Or plays out of his mind knowing he'll never hear the end of it otherwise

Salt of the earth kid and family. Kid is fun to watch. Sometimes it seems like he blocks more shots than the goalie during his shift.

I'm sure he will be jacked up with the opportunity to play against his Dad's and Uncle's alma mater. The Suter's run a good hockey camp in Madison, and hard work and shot blocking runs in the family. Ryan was a tremendous at it in college and it fit nicely in with his big time puck skills. Hope Jake plays great in the UML loss Friday. :)

Wisko McBadgerton
03-27-2013, 09:00 AM

The pp still has issues but is better the last ten games, and the pk has been good to excellent down the stretch against some of the top pp's in the country. Season stats for UW aren't very indicative of how the team has been playing since getting most of the guys (except senior F Derek Lee who will still be out this weekend) in the line up and playing together for a bit. It's been a strange and injury plagued season especially for our top forwards.

WrathOfAramark
03-27-2013, 09:00 AM
He has also been seen leading offensive rushes lately :eek:I always get confused when he does that :p

Must be those concussion like symptoms he had earlier this year! He thinks he's a forward now!:cool:

UMLFan
03-27-2013, 09:17 AM
Another cousin of his, Jeremy Dehner ,was a 4-year player at Lowell as well, and one of the best all-around defensemen the team has had in the past decade.And strangely, Lowell just picked up a commit yesterday from another defenseman originally from Madison.

JB
03-27-2013, 09:18 AM
Shared it on the UNH vs. DU thread - DU is coming east today and apparently stopping along the way to pick up WISCO. For some reason I find this very amusing.

Badger team standing on the runway with a big sign held out "Manchester NH" waiting for somebody to land.

DU team captain sticking his head out the plan door - "hey you guys need a ride"

etc.

Patman
03-27-2013, 09:39 AM
And strangely, Lowell just picked up a commit yesterday from another defenseman originally from Madison.

I'm sure he's not likely a suter, but again, if we can tap that vein it's full of gold

goldy_331
03-27-2013, 09:55 AM
That Ryan Suter guy haa been pretty good in a Wild sweater. He keeps it up and I may even forgive his time as a BADger.

leswp1
03-27-2013, 09:56 AM
Must be those concussion like symptoms he had earlier this year! He thinks he's a forward now!:cool:Heh.

ExileOnDaytonStreet
03-27-2013, 10:07 AM
Jake has been a very solid stay at home defenseman this year. He blocks a ton of shots. Has excellent positioning and gap control. Doesn't panic when pressed in his own zone. Not a huge shot, but moves the puck very well in the offensive zone.Sounds like a Suter to me.

Timothy A
03-27-2013, 12:20 PM
A friend just called and asked me about a rumor of Madison TVW picking up the game. I went on their website...AND IT IS CONFIRMED.

TVW (Television Wisconsin) is available throughout the Madison market on over-the-air digital channel 3-2, on Charter Cable channel 14, and on DirecTV channel 14. I used to have DISH network and I know they DO NOT have it.

EDIT: I just noticed icebadger posted the same info a couple hours ago on the UW thread.

On my Charter system channel 14 QVC. Looks like I may have to get a cable to plug my daughter's laptop into the 50" plasma.

Gainzo
03-27-2013, 07:54 PM
I'm really looking forward to this game and I'm sure Wisconsin will feed off the large and loud Lowell crowd as they would love nothing better than to silence us.

Hope to meet some Wisconsin fans and have some good banter. May the best team win.

riverchief1
03-27-2013, 08:08 PM
I know Lowell sold out their allotment from what I understand but don't know an exact number as Tsongas box office people look shellshocked! The 200 student ticket packages sold out in less than a day (not a bad deal $10 for 3 games and a bus ride, then they moved on to a $27 deal when the first 200 sold out) so I'm thinking that's at least 5 buses coming up. This doesn't count others who bought separately and all the non-students. Estimate was up to 1,000 UML fans on Bazin's weekly coach's update but that was what was in Bridgeport give or take, much further away. Anecdotally I'm hearing 2,000-2,500 but who knows after UML overran the Garden last weekend with estimates over 6,000 on Saturday night.

Eagerly awaiting Friday, heading up early for lunch at Red Arrow Diner with daughter and then over to Murphys.