Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin vs. UMass-Lowell (Bucky vs. Rowdy) - NCAA Northeast Regional Friday 3/29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin vs. UMass-Lowell (Bucky vs. Rowdy) - NCAA Northeast Regional Friday 3/2

This should be a great regional with 4 high quality teams. If there's any chance at a regional sellout, this is it. Lowell and UNH within an hour's drive going against perennial hockey powers Denver and Wisconsin. Of course, if the WCHA happens to spoil the party, attendance could take a hit on Sunday.

Good luck to our Hockey East brothers.
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Re: Wisconsin vs. UMass-Lowell (Bucky vs. Rowdy) - NCAA Northeast Regional Friday 3/2

Originally posted by PaulG View Post
      UML has "The Band" ... Boston sports writers have declared the band "the best in the East." They travel as the Universities' "Jazz Rock Big Band" and play all over the country.
      They looked a bit skimpy in Boston but still sounded great.
      Gary

www.umlhockey.com
      Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
      "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
      KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
        Wow, the recession hit Bruce Wayne really hard.
        photo applies to Madison Wisconsin as well... lol just sayin...

Comment

Originally posted by forsberg21 View Post
          Will Wisconsin bring their band? Does Lowell have a band? I assume UNH will have a band and DU will not...
          Wisco will not bring the band.... long drawn out story but lets just say hockey isn't the Important sport in wisconsin athletics that it once was so the athletic dept. won't spend the money to send the band out...

Comment

Originally posted by icebadger View Post
            Relax there, buddy. They've been targeting the F4 for Lee's return for weeks now. Nothing's changed.
            Even if he was good to go there is no way EAves is changing those top 3 lines around right now!!! Lee would likely see min. time on the 4th line.... This team is playing the best they have all year right now... in all 3 zones...

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
              They looked a bit skimpy in Boston but still sounded great.
              On Saturday night they were all there and they rocked it! They even payed a spontaneous jam session in the hallway between the 2nd and 3rd periods.

Comment

Originally posted by streeter View Post
                Wisco will not bring the band.... long drawn out story but lets just say hockey isn't the Important sport in wisconsin athletics that it once was so the athletic dept. won't spend the money to send the band out...
                Is that just pessimism, or can do you know this for sure? I know it's the Twin Cities and not New Hampshire, but UW sent the band for the women's frozen four last year, and they almost never have the band at regular season women's games.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                  Is that just pessimism, or can do you know this for sure? I know it's the Twin Cities and not New Hampshire, but UW sent the band for the women's frozen four last year, and they almost never have the band at regular season women's games.
                  The frozen four is different... We can't even get all our home games on TV so I'm gonna say the band is a no show in New Hampshire.... It may just take another national title for some in the athletic offices to wake up.... The men's hockey program has taken a hit in the last 5 years in attendance, partially because of the lack of a consistent tv deal and the rise in ticket prices... both of which are a direct result of some of the higher ups in the athletic offices.... I hope they win #7 this year just because of that...

Comment

The frozen four is different... We can't even get all our home games on TV so I'm gonna say the band is a no show in New Hampshire.... It may just take another national title for some in the athletic offices to wake up.... The men's hockey program has taken a hit in the last 5 years in attendance, partially because of the lack of a consistent tv deal and the rise in ticket prices... both of which are a direct result of some of the higher ups in the athletic offices.... I hope they win #7 this year just because of that...
                    Many of us on this board are on the same page as you with most of this stuff, but I still think we'll get the band there. As for everything else, send your thoughts to the Athletic Department. I wrote paragraphs upon paragraphs dealing with that in my season ticket holder survey, and once the season is over, I'll send a separate message.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                      Many of us on this board are on the same page as you with most of this stuff, but I still think we'll get the band there. As for everything else, send your thoughts to the Athletic Department. I wrote paragraphs upon paragraphs dealing with that in my season ticket holder survey, and once the season is over, I'll send a separate message.
                      They might just because the Bball team is done and nothing else is really going on, its Spring break so they won't have to miss classes. you could be right but I wouldn't be surprised at all if the UW band isn't there... One other thing I didn't mention in my previous comment about the hockey team's dip in attendance and its the local media coverage... I hate local news in madison so I rarely watch it but my parents do and they informed me if the hockey team gets and coverage at all on any of the local news its 30 sec. max and its after every badger sport and local madison prep sports... kinda hard to energize a fan base with local coverage like that....

Comment

A friend just called and asked me about a rumor of Madison TVW picking up the game. I went on their website...AND IT IS CONFIRMED.

TVW (Television Wisconsin) is available throughout the Madison market on over-the-air digital channel 3-2, on Charter Cable channel 14, and on DirecTV channel 14. I used to have DISH network and I know they DO NOT have it.

EDIT: I just noticed icebadger posted the same info a couple hours ago on the UW thread.
                        Last edited by MadCityRich; 03-26-2013, 08:58 PM.
                        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

They might just because the Bball team is done and nothing else is really going on, its Spring break so they won't have to miss classes. you could be right but I wouldn't be surprised at all if the UW band isn't there... One other thing I didn't mention in my previous comment about the hockey team's dip in attendance and its the local media coverage... I hate local news in madison so I rarely watch it but my parents do and they informed me if the hockey team gets and coverage at all on any of the local news its 30 sec. max and its after every badger sport and local madison prep sports... kinda hard to energize a fan base with local coverage like that....
                          Well, they never have the full band at basketball/hockey/volleyball, only a small portion of it, and the band has been at both hockey and basketball the past 2 weekends, when both teams have been in action at the same time. And just like before, I'll add that I agree with what you're saying about coverage and enthusiasm.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                            Of course, if the WCHA happens to spoil the party, attendance could take a hit on Sunday.

Good luck to our Hockey East brothers.

I got $5 on the Easter bunny

Comment

I believe that the NCAA covers the costs of sending the bands to the tournament. I'd be shocked if UW doesn't sent the band (unless the band is under double secret probation, again)

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                                The crowd will be pro-Lowell obviously, but I'm curious as to who the UNH fans will root for (if they show up for the first game)...?

Man, I still can't believe I'm missing this. Closest regional to my house, the first time Lowell is the #1 seed ... and I can't go.
                                You aren't the only one Monty. I'm missing out because of work and I may miss Saturday as well if UML advances.
                                I'd probably be a lot less stressed if I wasn't a hockey fan, but where's the fun in that?

Comment

Working...
                                X