PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin vs. UMass-Lowell (Bucky vs. Rowdy) - NCAA Northeast Regional Friday 3/29

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Bronzebacks
03-26-2013, 10:56 AM
Just so both teams are on the same page....will stick throwing be permitted in this game? UML deserves to know. :D

Innova
03-26-2013, 11:35 AM
Just so both teams are on the same page....will stick throwing be permitted in this game? UML deserves to know. :D

It will not be considered "cheating", but the referees may or may not enforce the rule.

ExileOnDaytonStreet
03-26-2013, 12:08 PM
EoDS how pregnant are we talking? 8 months baby is ready to pop any time now, or something less than that? If it is the latter, you should go. Just remember that sometime in the future you'll be taking care of the kid all weekend while your wife is off at a spa or something.7 months. We sort of already had plans for this weekend; she wouldn't be able to come; I have no issue with the cost of the tickets, but flight and hotel are a different story right now... I've got a million and one excuses. But the "Hell hath no fury like a [pregnant] woman scorned" cliche is easier to crack jokes about.

Just so both teams are on the same page....will stick throwing be permitted in this game? UML deserves to know. :DEasy there, Jan.

UMLFan
03-26-2013, 12:10 PM
The crowd will be pro-Lowell obviously, but I'm curious as to who the UNH fans will root for (if they show up for the first game)...?

Man, I still can't believe I'm missing this. Closest regional to my house, the first time Lowell is the #1 seed ... and I can't go.

uwmark
03-26-2013, 12:14 PM
The game will be televised by Time Warner channel 1332.

Fishhawk
03-26-2013, 12:18 PM

Lowell has no problem with stick throwing as we played Maine in the QFs. Joey Diamond ended his college career in style by smashing his stick against the boards after getting his second major of the game for stomping a Lowell player who was on the ice and then whipped his stick in the direction of Rowdy the Riverhawk as he walked down the tunnel. Ahhh, good times. :p

UML
03-26-2013, 12:30 PM
7 months. We sort of already had plans for this weekend; she wouldn't be able to come; I have no issue with the cost of the tickets, but flight and hotel are a different story right now... I've got a million and one excuses. But the "Hell hath no fury like a [pregnant] woman scorned" cliche is easier to crack jokes about.

Easy there, Jan.
Just stay at the Motel Caswell in Tewksbury MA. The ride will be a short one for a westerner like yourself.

Fishhawk
03-26-2013, 12:44 PM
Just stay at the Motel Caswell in Tewksbury MA. The ride will be a short one for a westerner like yourself.

Yes, Motel Caswell is a fine choice! Only a 40 minute ride to Manchester, prime lodging at a low price and if you miss your wife you can find a meth-head hooker in a room nearby!

Pesky McGrath
03-26-2013, 04:13 PM
Any Wisconsin fan want to buy my reservations in Pittsburgh?:rolleyes:
"I don't think this weekend," Eaves said Sunday night when asked about Lee's chances of playing. "I think his realistic chance of playing will be in the Frozen Four."

Patman
03-26-2013, 04:17 PM
"I don't think this weekend," Eaves said Sunday night when asked about Lee's chances of playing. "I think his realistic chance of playing will be in the Frozen Four."

I'm guessing Eaves is under a lot of pressure so this is sort of a confidence spin. I can't imagine Norm talking like that.

icebadger
03-26-2013, 04:18 PM
"I don't think this weekend," Eaves said Sunday night when asked about Lee's chances of playing. "I think his realistic chance of playing will be in the Frozen Four."Relax there, buddy. They've been targeting the F4 for Lee's return for weeks now. Nothing's changed.

WisconsinWildcard
03-26-2013, 05:08 PM
Relax there, buddy. They've been targeting the F4 for Lee's return for weeks now. Nothing's changed.

No! Clearly Eaves guaranteed a F4 appearance ;) rabble rabble rabble

aktick
03-26-2013, 05:10 PM

It's fun to get mad about stupid stuff!

ClOuD 9
03-26-2013, 06:37 PM
The crowd will be pro-Lowell obviously, but I'm curious as to who the UNH fans will root for (if they show up for the first game)...?
Also wondering who the UML fans will be cheering for in our game. Perhaps a one day UNH-UML alliance is in order. Shouldn't be hard to pick up on each other's sieve chants ;)

Man, I still can't believe I'm missing this. Closest regional to my house, the first time Lowell is the #1 seed ... and I can't go.
Should I avoid sending score updates? Seems every time I do you are Tivo-ing the game :eek: :o

forsberg21
03-26-2013, 06:42 PM
Will Wisconsin bring their band? Does Lowell have a band? I assume UNH will have a band and DU will not...

WrathOfAramark
03-26-2013, 06:51 PM
So I know three out of four schools have fictional* mascots.

Lowell Riverhawks - animal never existed.
UNH Wildcats - hunted to extinction in the Northeast.
Denver Pioneers - They kept heading west hearing great things about the parties the Donner's threw.

What's a Badger? :p

*Currently

goUMLgoBC
03-26-2013, 06:58 PM

Same here for Friday. I'm actually in Manchester and am stuck at work until 8ish on Friday. All I can do is hope to be able to see Lowell on Saturday.

Could be worse, though. Most fans don't wave to worry about stuff like this because it's their team's offseason right now....:D

PaulG
03-26-2013, 07:00 PM
Will Wisconsin bring their band? Does Lowell have a band? I assume UNH will have a band and DU will not...

UML has "The Band" ... Boston sports writers have declared the band "the best in the East." They travel as the Universities' "Jazz Rock Big Band" and play all over the country.

PaulG
03-26-2013, 07:04 PM
What's a Badger? :p
*Currently

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIyixC9NsLI

Check out the view count on that video!

badgerhawk
03-26-2013, 07:32 PM
Same here for Friday. I'm actually in Manchester and am stuck at work until 8ish on Friday. All I can do is hope to be able to see Lowell on Saturday.

Could be worse, though. Most fans don't have to worry about stuff like this because they don't have jobs. ....:D

Fixed your post. :D