Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin vs. UMass-Lowell (Bucky vs. Rowdy) - NCAA Northeast Regional Friday 3/29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin vs. UMass-Lowell (Bucky vs. Rowdy) - NCAA Northeast Regional Friday 3/2

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    Word of advice for traveling Badgers:

*****http://l.wigflip.com/1OOZEN5D/roflbot.jpg******
    Wow, the recession hit Bruce Wayne really hard.
    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
    Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Re: Wisconsin vs. UMass-Lowell (Bucky vs. Rowdy) - NCAA Northeast Regional Friday 3/2

Tidbits for the Northeast Regional:

Records versus NCAA tournament teams:
      UNH 7-1-1
      UML 1-6-0
      UW 8-7-3
      DU 6-9-2

Last 10 games:
      UNH 3-3-4
      UML 9-1-0
      UW 8-2-0
      DU 5-5-0

UML lost all three games to UNH this season and also lost their only gave against Denver. UNH was 3-0-0 against UML and 1-0-0 against Denver. Wisconsin went 1-0-1 against Denver.

UNH 3.16 goals per game / 2.32 goals against / 19.05% PP / 89.7% PK
      UML 2.97 goals per game / 2.08 goals against / 16.67% PP / 85.7% PK
      UW 2.71 goals per game / 2.02 goals against / 12.88% PP / 80.8% PK
      DU 3.39 goals per game / 2.71 goals against / 21.88% PP / 85.4% PK

Mersch UW ranks 4th in the nation with 23 goals.
      Goumas UNH ranks 5th in the nation with 32 assists.
      Hellebucyk UML ranks 2nd with 1.39 GAA, 1st with .949 Saves %, 2nd with 5 shutouts.
      Rumpel UW ranks 6th with 1.85 GAA, 9th with .933 Sv %, 6th with 4 shutouts
      DeSmith UNH 2.24 GAA, .924 sv%, and 2nd with 5 shutouts.
      Olkinuora DU 2.28 GAA, .929 sv%, 3 shutouts
      Denver averages 3rd most PIM per game with 16.29 while UNH ranks 54th with just 9.27 minutes per game.
      UML scored 6 SHG, UNH 4, Wisconsin 4, Denver 3. Downing scored 3 for UNH while Chapie and Folin each scored 2 for UML.
      Goumas 42 points (14th in nation), Pendenza UML 36 (34th), Mersch 36 (34th)
      GO CATS GO!

2013 U20 Gold Medal
      2010 U20 Gold Medal
      USA HOCKEY
      1996 World Cup Champions
      2010 & 2002 Olympic Silver Medal
      2004 U20 Gold Medal
      U18 Gold '09, '06 & '05
      WNT 2008 & 2009 World Champions

Comment

Mrs. EoDS is suggesting that I could try to find a way to head out there.

It might be a trap, and I don't think it's wise to even consider potentially upsetting a pregnant woman. It's really more that I have higher priorities for money right now, but that's not as funny as a joke about the scorn of a pregnant wife.
        As a father of a 2-year old, I say go for it. There will be many occasions after the big day when you'll wish you could.
        Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
        Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
        sigpic
        Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
        1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

Originally posted by forsberg21 View Post
          Tidbits for the Northeast Regional:

UML lost all three games to UNH this season and also lost their only gave against Denver. UNH was 3-0-0 against UML and 1-0-0 against Denver.
          That was when UML was disfunctional before early December and Hellebucyk took over the goaltending duties fulltime. Denver was his first start ever and he has gone 18-1 since then so I think we'll give UML a mulligan on the first few games of the season that included all 3 losses to UNH. Would love to get another shot at UNH this coming weekend.
          Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
          Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
          Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
            That was when UML was disfunctional before early December and Hellebucyk took over the goaltending duties fulltime. Denver was his first start ever and he has gone 18-1 since then so I think we'll give UML a mulligan on the first few games of the season that included all 3 losses to UNH. Would love to get another shot at UNH this coming weekend.
            The last 10 games is a better way to gauge the teams.

Another piece of trivia: Wisconsin is 7-1-1 vs UML with all games coming in the mid 80s

Comment

Originally posted by aznman08 View Post
              with all games coming in the mid 80s
              Jeez we need to start playing each other more lmao before I was even born lol
              BACK 2 BACK HE Champions whoda thunk it! Final Four 2013!

Comment

Originally posted by UMLHockey224 View Post
                Jeez we need to start playing each other more lmao before I was even born lol
                Thanks Grasshopper, I needed to feel old this morning. But yes, we should try to get them on the schedule more.
                Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                  Thanks Grasshopper, I needed to feel old this morning. But yes, we should try to get them on the schedule more.
                  It's bound to happen, with the increased OOC component of the Hockey East schedule starting next year.
                  Hit Somebody!

Comment

Mrs. EoDS is suggesting that I could try to find a way to head out there.

It might be a trap, and I don't think it's wise to even consider potentially upsetting a pregnant woman. It's really more that I have higher priorities for money right now, but that's not as funny as a joke about the scorn of a pregnant wife.
                    EoDS how pregnant are we talking? 8 months baby is ready to pop any time now, or something less than that? If it is the latter, you should go. Just remember that sometime in the future you'll be taking care of the kid all weekend while your wife is off at a spa or something.
                    Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                    Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                    Originally posted by UWisco
                    It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
                      EoDS how pregnant are we talking? 8 months baby is ready to pop any time now, or something less than that? If it is the latter, you should go. Just remember that sometime in the future you'll be taking care of the kid all weekend while your wife is off at a spa or something.
                      Agree as someone with an 18 month child at home, this will be the first Badger NCAA tournament game I will miss since I believe 1998.

Comment

Just so both teams are on the same page....will stick throwing be permitted in this game? UML deserves to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post
                          Just so both teams are on the same page....will stick throwing be permitted in this game? UML deserves to know.
                          It will not be considered "cheating", but the referees may or may not enforce the rule.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
                            7 months. We sort of already had plans for this weekend; she wouldn't be able to come; I have no issue with the cost of the tickets, but flight and hotel are a different story right now... I've got a million and one excuses. But the "Hell hath no fury like a [pregnant] woman scorned" cliche is easier to crack jokes about.

Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post
                            Easy there, Jan.
                            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

The crowd will be pro-Lowell obviously, but I'm curious as to who the UNH fans will root for (if they show up for the first game)...?

Man, I still can't believe I'm missing this. Closest regional to my house, the first time Lowell is the #1 seed ... and I can't go.
                              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

The game will be televised by Time Warner channel 1332.

Comment

Working...
                                X