Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin vs. UMass-Lowell (Bucky vs. Rowdy) - NCAA Northeast Regional Friday 3/29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin vs. UMass-Lowell (Bucky vs. Rowdy) - NCAA Northeast Regional Friday 3/2

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
    For anyone from Wisconsin heading to Manchester, one place to hit for a great meal is the Red Arrow Diner located several blocks from the Verizon. Open 24 hours (so good for late night drunk food) and been around since the 1920s, the real deal. Warning though is it is fairly small but worth the wait if crowded. www.redarrowdiner.com
    I lived in Manchester for three years. I just moved away so here's the WoA review of some more food and beverage options for out of towners with associated $ scale. Most of these are in the downtown area. There are more chain options on South Willow by the Mall like Five Guys Burgers, British Beer Company, Taco Bell, etc...

- #1 destination KC's Rib Shack. Excellent BBQ if you can get there and have an early dinner. Excellent bartender. $-$$
    - #2 destination Red Arrow for late night munching /breakfast. $

- Airport Dinner. OK breakfast. Not as good as the Arrow. $
    - Portland Pie Company is good pizza. $
    - Piccola Italia is good real Italian food. $$
    - Fratello's Italian Grille is more americanized Italian. Good bartenders. $-$$
    - Carrabba's is chain restaurant Italian food. $-$$
    - Cotton has more contemporary American food. Good bartender too. $$-$$$
    - Hanover Street Chophouse is a steakhouse that is hard to get into without advanced reservations. Excellent food though. $$$
    - J.W. Hill's is your typical bro-brah sports bar. A little over priced on beers and drinks. $
    - Strangebrew, lots of beers. Lots of bands at night. $-$$
    - WildRover, tiny dive bar. Good atmosphere. Cheap drinks. $

Don't go here.
    - The Farm Bar and Grille, OK drinks. Bad BBQ. $-$$
    - XO, expensive mediocre tapas. I'd avoid this place. $$-$$$

Comment

Re: Wisconsin vs. UMass-Lowell (Bucky vs. Rowdy) - NCAA Northeast Regional Friday 3/2

Originally posted by CleggyofUML View Post
      Well sounds like your season was similar to ours!

And is anyone else a little irked that ESPN didn't put this game on? I mean its the WCHA champs vs. HEA champs. Oh well, NESN will likely grab it for us
      Yea but, to them its still just a college hockey game, and when is the last time we saw a college hockey game on ESPN.. I believe the games are on ESPNU.

Comment

Originally posted by jwilli View Post
        This match-up is a really tough draw for both teams. Both teams are playing some of their best hockey right now and it's a shame one of them has to exit after only one game. It may be the best game of the tournament and would be better suited for a semi-final or final. Against all conventional wisdom, Wisconsin has been a better road team than home team this year. They seem to feed off the opposing crowd rooting against them. If that tendency holds up, the heavily Lowell favorable crowd may actually help the Badgers. Whatever the final score, I'm hoping it plays out as well on the ice as it does on paper.

Go Red!
        Lowell also has a better road record than at home (13-5-1) not including the TD garden which is BU/BC's backyard.
        With the way these two teams are playing since the holiday break, I feel the winner of this game will get to travel to Pittsburgh.

Comment

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
          Yea but, to them its still just a college hockey game, and when is the last time we saw a college hockey game on ESPN.. I believe the games are on ESPNU.
          Unfortunately true.

And our game is being replayed at 10:30 on ESPNU if I remember correctly
          I'd probably be a lot less stressed if I wasn't a hockey fan, but where's the fun in that?

Comment

Originally posted by CleggyofUML View Post
            Unfortunately true.

And our game is being replayed at 10:30 on ESPNU if I remember correctly
            From the "Syndicated Broadcast Thread" - NESN has picked up the Broadcast of this game LIVE at 430pm. Good for y'all if you can't make it to beautiful downtown Manchester (chuckle).
            I haven't been on here in a year...
            Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Still awaiting news on local live TV in Wisconsin.

I'm not getting my hopes up.
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

What size is the ice in Manchester?

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
                  What size is the ice in Manchester?
                  200 x 85
                  Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                  Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                  Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
                    From the "Syndicated Broadcast Thread" - NESN has picked up the Broadcast of this game LIVE at 430pm. Good for y'all if you can't make it to beautiful downtown Manchester (chuckle).
                    Fantastic. I can't make it this weekend, but hopefully can get this at the bar in SC.
                    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Word of advice for traveling Badgers:

*****http://l.wigflip.com/1OOZEN5D/roflbot.jpg******

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

To be fair, the game is in Manchester, NH. So it'll be a UNH fan selling Bath Salts.

P.S. That boombox is awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by WrathOfAramark View Post
                          To be fair, the game is in Manchester, NH. So it'll be a UNH fan selling Bath Salts.

P.S. That boombox is awesome!
                          Hehehe, great.

So how many Badger fans are heading out this way? I think it's going to be a heck of a game to see live, regardless of who wins.
                          Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                          Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                          "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                          KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                            Hehehe, great.

So how many Badger fans are heading out this way? I think it's going to be a heck of a game to see live, regardless of who wins.
                            Mrs. EoDS is suggesting that I could try to find a way to head out there.

It might be a trap, and I don't think it's wise to even consider potentially upsetting a pregnant woman. It's really more that I have higher priorities for money right now, but that's not as funny as a joke about the scorn of a pregnant wife.

Comment

Dicky has never been a seller, always a buyer.

Comment

Mrs. EoDS is suggesting that I could try to find a way to head out there.

It might be a trap, and I don't think it's wise to even consider potentially upsetting a pregnant woman. It's really more that I have higher priorities for money right now, but that's not as funny as a joke about the scorn of a pregnant wife.
                                As a Wisconsin fan, you should be able to recognize a trap. I say go
                                In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                                I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Working...
                                X