PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin vs. UMass-Lowell (Bucky vs. Rowdy) - NCAA Northeast Regional Friday 3/29

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14

leswp1
03-30-2013, 06:31 AM
i said to my buddy last night that i thought i was watching BC in last year's tournament, you look THAT good.Ew. On a good note CHannel 5 actually noticed we won last night and gave more cov'g to us than UNH :eek: of course they mispronounced everyone's name but still!

WrathOfAramark
03-30-2013, 06:39 AM
Anyone catch where the refs were from...Manchester Mites League? First period two pucks clearly hit up high in the protective netting and play is allowed to continue, we're still trying to figure out where the penalty shot came from (even after watching replay several times), blown offsides, blown icings, etc. Those guys were horrible.

CCHA. Hockey East box score lists the officials as:
Referees: Steve McInchak, Brian Aaron
Linesmen: T.J. Likens, Joseph Hutek

A little google reveals:
http://i45.tinypic.com/260zfyh.jpg

Yep. Lived up to billing last night those two did.

riverchief1
03-30-2013, 07:29 AM
Ice is Life has their game recap up -

http://theiceislife.wordpress.com/2013/03/29/friday-thoughts-hot-or-not/

Go-UML
03-30-2013, 07:54 AM
To be fair, we didn't know it was going to be a PS until it happened. Saw the replay last night before I fell asleep on the couch... marginal call... it was on the diving player... oh well.We didn't even think it was a call at all, much less a frellin' PS> :mad:

Pesky McGrath
03-30-2013, 08:08 AM
UW finished 4th in the WCHA this season, not 6th. Neither of the Eaves boys wanted to play at UW.

You even missed the biggest joke of all. Having the PSU games moved for the state wrestling championship and having the SCSU games moved off campus for another high school championship.

We're Wisconsin, it's nothing gopher fans haven't said many time before. Minor deductions for being factually incorrect, major deductions for being boring and uncreative.

If you want to play with the big boys, you had better bring your A-game.

Maybe next year you can bring a little more to the table. On to better(?) competition from a real league.

wjefwhite
03-30-2013, 09:54 AM
Tough Guy Pesky. Your Johnny come lately program will flash in its pan. The Wisconsin legacy and the history of the WCHA will never be duplicated by you or anyone in the eastern time zone. If you your are going to pump your chest you diserve this elicit respons. Go **** yourself.

Jon
03-30-2013, 09:57 AM
And we can dislike them all equally.

It's a win/win!

VIVA L'ALLIANCE!

Patman
03-30-2013, 10:04 AM
Tough Guy Pesky. Your Johnny come lately program will flash in its pan. The Wisconsin legacy and the history of the WCHA will never be duplicated by you or anyone in the eastern time zone. If you your are going to pump your chest you diserve this elicit respons. Go **** yourself.

Amen

Patronick
03-30-2013, 10:06 AM

Yeah, you mad.

BTW I'll give BC the bad news.

leswp1
03-30-2013, 10:14 AM

Yeah, you mad.

BTW I'll give BC the bad news.And BU and Denver.... Really dude, I respect Wisco hockey, they are a good program and have a legacy but if we are supposed to genuflect every time we mention a legacy it should probably be the Beagles, they are a Jesuit school afterall. :rolleyes:

Go-UML
03-30-2013, 10:17 AM
Tough Guy Pesky. Your Johnny come lately program will flash in its pan. The Wisconsin legacy and the history of the WCHA will never be duplicated by you or anyone in the eastern time zone. If you your are going to pump your chest you diserve this elicit respons. Go **** yourself.I'm sure your fellow Badger fans are real proud you're associated with them. :rolleyes:

ULdungeonite
03-30-2013, 10:51 AM

You just keep living on that legacy whiner. Working well for you and the Maple Leafs. We enjoy living the upstart role so long as we bust on teams that wear red. Commie pinko madisonite!!

riverchief1
03-30-2013, 10:56 AM
You just keep living on that legacy whiner. Working well for you and the Maple Leafs. We enjoy living the upstart role so long as we bust on teams that wear red. Commie pinko madisonite!!

Yup, can't see through the red-colored Wisconsin legacy glasses and realize their team was absolutely horrible last night. Suter's laughing and pointing at the scoreboard near the end of the third when Wisconsin was trashtalking was priceless.

Sorry, many of us bought into this whole Wisconsin legacy and "hottest team next to Lowell since December" thing and we ended up just being embarassed for them.

aktick
03-30-2013, 11:48 AM
Wow, reading these last few pages I'm reminded why I stopped visiting the boards. The once fun trash talk has been replaced with serious animosity and a lack of civility towards one another. Eck.

leswp1
03-30-2013, 12:01 PM
Wow, reading these last few pages I'm reminded why I stopped visiting the boards. The once fun trash talk has been replaced with serious animosity and a lack of civility towards one another. Eck.THis. Everyone was nice until the game was over. mostly. I rarely come over to DI. People are crazy.

UML
03-30-2013, 12:01 PM
Wow, reading these last few pages I'm reminded why I stopped visiting the boards. The once fun trash talk has been replaced with serious animosity and a lack of civility towards one another. Eck.

Yup.

MadCityRich
03-30-2013, 12:20 PM

+1. I'm done reading this thread.

boblav1
03-30-2013, 12:32 PM
Congratulations to Wisconsin on a nice season. Good luck in the Big 10 next season. Hopefully it's not another 25 years before these teams meet again.
It would be nice to see the Badgers in Lowell in the near future.

ULdungeonite
03-30-2013, 01:45 PM
Yup.

Towards each other would seem to imply more than one culprit/side. I beg to differ. Plus when i said pinko/commie i meant that with the utmost respect!

GoUNH
03-30-2013, 01:52 PM
This UNH fan has much respect for Wisco and its legacy, but c'mon guys, UML made your Badgers look like a bunch of 40 year olds yesterday.