PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin vs. UMass-Lowell (Bucky vs. Rowdy) - NCAA Northeast Regional Friday 3/29

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14

Patman
03-29-2013, 10:38 PM
Why hasn't this happened yet? Call it the redpot, have em change home-to-away jersey (and vice versa) and see if anyone notices!

Better, make them all wear road (red) jerseys

ericredaxe
03-29-2013, 11:15 PM
I want to see a tournament involving BU, Cornell, Wisconsin and Miami so no one can differentiate which fanbase is which.

Halfway there with Red Hot Hockey

gopheritall
03-29-2013, 11:28 PM
Great TV coverage on that penalty shot.... Commercials and not live....

Oh, I guess it was earlier, and they just came back from commercial and showed it.... I missed the first 5 minutes!
Watching the replay. So did they show it live or just the last couple strides and the shot coming out of the commercial?

Going into the commercial, "When we come back we will be skating 4 on 4". Coming out of commercial, "...PENALTY SHOT FOR WISCONSIN."

Nice job with the broadcast guys. Don't worry, penalty shots happen all the time. No need to get back to the game to cover it.

ULdungeonite
03-29-2013, 11:38 PM
Going into the commercial, "When we come back we will be skating 4 on 4". Coming out of commercial, "...PENALTY SHOT FOR WISCONSIN."

Nice job with the broadcast guys. Don't worry, penalty shots happen all the time. No need to get back to the game to cover it.[/QUOTE]

It was really strange because when they came back from commercial Lowell didn't have a guy in the box. Then going into the next commercial the announcers mentioned a penalty shot and it was like ***? Audio on NESN Was poor as well.

Bdawg7588
03-29-2013, 11:41 PM
Watching the replay. So did they show it live or just the last couple strides and the shot coming out of the commercial?

Nice job with the broadcast guys. Don't worry, penalty shots happen all the time. No need to get back to the game to cover it.

I completely lost it when they came back from commercial break and the first thing I saw was a replay of a Wisconsin penalty shot. Grade A station work right there.

riverchief1
03-30-2013, 12:00 AM
Anyone catch where the refs were from...Manchester Mites League? First period two pucks clearly hit up high in the protective netting and play is allowed to continue, we're still trying to figure out where the penalty shot came from (even after watching replay several times), blown offsides, blown icings, etc. Those guys were horrible.

ULdungeonite
03-30-2013, 12:02 AM
Anyone catch where the refs were from...Manchester Mites League? First period two pucks clearly hit up high in the protective netting and play is allowed to continue, we're still trying to figure out where the penalty shot came from (even after watching replay several times), blown offsides, blown icings, etc. Those guys were horrible.
And the thinking was they could not be worse than Bunyon

leswp1
03-30-2013, 12:06 AM
Meh. We hear worse in every WCHA series thread.

It's hard to take anything too seriously from a fan of a school with a pedigree like UMASS. What's the claim to fame? Marcus Camby?

6 > 0

End of story.

Yes, I know you guys aren't Amherst, but who could tell and who really cares? We aren't RIverhawks either. GO Chiefs!! :p

And the thinking was they could not be worse than BunyonYou oviously haven't watched a lot of non-conference games!
:p

riverchief1
03-30-2013, 12:06 AM
And the thinking was they could not be worse than Bunyon

The whole ref thing was surreal early on, many of us just scratching our heads at the multiple, very obvious blown calls, missed calls, made up calls, etc. The protective netting incidents were just odd.

ULdungeonite
03-30-2013, 12:08 AM
We aren't RIverhawks either. GO Chiefs!! :p

You oviously haven't watched a lot of non-conference games!
:p

It will be fun to get the win tomorrow and on to Steel City!

ULdungeonite
03-30-2013, 12:13 AM
The whole ref thing was surreal early on, many of us just scratching our heads at the multiple, very obvious blown calls, missed calls, made up calls, etc. The protective netting incidents were just odd.

Maybe we can get the refs from the womens FF. Calls were incredibly inconsistent. Was Wilson in the box three times? They bit on a few dives resulting in bad calls

ULdungeonite
03-30-2013, 12:13 AM
Gnite moon

riverchief1
03-30-2013, 12:19 AM
Maybe we can get the refs from the womens FF. Calls were incredibly inconsistent. Was Wilson in the box three times? They bit on a few dives resulting in bad calls

But thankfully none of it mattered due to Wisconsin's total ineptitude. But is could've been gruesome had Lowell not been so totally dominant.

riverhawk2000
03-30-2013, 12:21 AM
Excellent job, Lowell fans. One UMASS jab and you all jump like a troop of show dogs. I'm embarrassed to be associated with some of you.

Sorry, just having a little fun...didn't think you guys took this so seriously. Looks like I'll have to stick to talking hockey in the real world where someone can tell you're joking!

leswp1
03-30-2013, 12:22 AM
I thought Wisco showed a great deal of talent but didn't weem to be organized.

Innova
03-30-2013, 01:23 AM
I had to watch the replay, so I just finished the game my thoughts:

Congratulations Umass Lowell. You played excellent tonight, and coming into the game, I had my concerns (although I thought we would win).

First 5-10 minutes of play I thought we dominated. Then you scored, and we seemed to struggle. We had the puck bouncing over our stick and it would stick to yours like glue. I don't think that was bad luck on our part....we didn't seem to have the same effort you guys did after the first 10 minutes.

HelleBuyck was everything he was advertised as. I do not think that we put as much pressure on him as we could have however....too many pipes/missed nets (although that may have been because they were trying to snipe the corners). I thought Rumpel played well. He had a couple awesome saves, but his defense left him hang out to dry on too many odd rushes.

As far as the officiating: It was typical. There were calls missed, and there were some that were against UML that I didn't even see.

I really wish that our season continued...but since you beat us (and my boss is a UNH fan).....Go Riverhawks!

Good luck the rest of the way!

CollegeHockeyRinkReport
03-30-2013, 03:25 AM
http://sbn.to/X3cs1l

Recap of UW-UML game on SBNation with quotes from coaches post-game.

sterlippo1
03-30-2013, 06:52 AM
They've been looking like us in the 3rd against miami last year... Good play but letting a man in behind

i said to my buddy last night that i thought i was watching BC in last year's tournament, you look THAT good.

billvill
03-30-2013, 06:57 AM
Benedetto? The man with a serious ax to grind with the River Hawks.

Patman
03-30-2013, 07:24 AM
It was really strange because when they came back from commercial Lowell didn't have a guy in the box. Then going into the next commercial the announcers mentioned a penalty shot and it was like ***? Audio on NESN Was poor as well.

To be fair, we didn't know it was going to be a PS until it happened. Saw the replay last night before I fell asleep on the couch... marginal call... it was on the diving player... oh well.