PDA

View Full Version : Fire USCHO.com

Scottyp
03-24-2013, 11:22 PM
The site crashes on selection Sunday? Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

Saints#1
03-24-2013, 11:26 PM
They have always been desperately in need of a new server :rolleyes::p

bigmrg74
03-24-2013, 11:35 PM
The site crashes on selection Sunday? Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

Happens every year, right when the team that just got left home figures out who really screwed them over, other than themselves for not winning more in the regular season.

Jimjamesak
03-24-2013, 11:38 PM
http://dashie.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/rsz/mlfw8968_medium.jpg

Like has been stated, it happens a lot this time of year...

Ed Trefzger
03-25-2013, 12:54 AM
We're as upset with these issues as you are. This one wasn't a hardware problem but a third-party software problem. For those who are tech savvy, a poorly indexed table in the database caused a slow database query that only revealed itself under heavy load. I think the issue has been fixed. There's a ton of software to manage and the equivalent of about 1/5 of a full-time person to manage it. So it happens.

Keeping my fingers crossed that this was the issue.

The Rube
03-25-2013, 12:57 AM
It's a free board guys. Sure you CAN donate, but I think it's pretty good for nothing. Wait, I think that came out wrong. ;)

Ed: it just hiccoughed now and again. No biggie.

Ed Trefzger
03-25-2013, 01:02 AM
Ed: it just hiccoughed now and again. No biggie.

Thanks. We are investing in some hardware upgrades this summer. We've made server upgrades at least six times since 2003.

The main site was affected primarily; however, one of the folks troubleshooting did shut off the board for a few minutes.

e.cat
03-25-2013, 07:02 AM
Thanks. We are investing in some hardware upgrades this summer. We've made server upgrades at least six times since 2003.

The main site was affected primarily; however, one of the folks troubleshooting did shut off the board for a few minutes.

any chance you could get a better android app?

Nick Papagiorgio
03-25-2013, 08:19 AM
Side note: This site/board rarely works on my Google Nexus. Maybe 20% of the time I try to get on with that device. Not sure why... just thought I'd mention it.

FlagDUDE08
03-25-2013, 08:31 AM
USCHO is going down the tubes. :p:D

FlagDUDE08
03-25-2013, 08:33 AM
We're as upset with these issues as you are. This one wasn't a hardware problem but a third-party software problem. For those who are tech savvy, a poorly indexed table in the database caused a slow database query that only revealed itself under heavy load. I think the issue has been fixed. There's a ton of software to manage and the equivalent of about 1/5 of a full-time person to manage it. So it happens.

Keeping my fingers crossed that this was the issue.

Actually, it doesn't just happen with the high bandwidth usage; you'll see it now and again when you're parusing the forum. I'm sorry that I don't have dates/times to help you with debug; le tme know if you would like me to collect those.

Go-UML
03-25-2013, 08:35 AM

Keeping my fingers crossed that this was the issue.It's a free board. A few times a year, it has an issue, generally resolved pretty quick. No complaints here.

And yes, a crummy DB index would do it.

Thanks for everything you guys do!

MGoBlueHockey
03-25-2013, 08:36 AM
Lack of institution control.

Biddco
03-25-2013, 11:17 PM
http://dashie.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/rsz/mlfw8968_medium.jpg

Like has been stated, it happens a lot this time of year...
How do you find these images?

The site crashes on selection Sunday? Sorry, couldn't resist. :)IALTO

The Rube
03-25-2013, 11:27 PM
Found a pic of JimJamesak!:

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/dar-monday-241.jpg

huskyfan
03-27-2013, 03:29 PM
Freddy Meyer hacked the site?

Jon
03-27-2013, 03:53 PM
Freddy Meyer hacked the site?