Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2013-14 Season Thread: The B1G Time

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
    Wisconsin has a lot coming back, but they were 33rd in scoring in the NCAA last year. They got hot at the end of the year (thanks to being healthy but also in large part because they had a cake second half schedule). I'm not 100% sold that they will be any better offensively than Minnesota or Michigan this year. No doubt they will be improved though.

Minnesota and Michigan (like you said) both had some key losses, but both bring in pretty talented freshman classes. Key will be how quickly the young guys adapt and start producing. Looks like Minnesota just lost an incoming freshman defender today, so there is that.

It's going to be a fun and interesting year. I think these three teams will be batteling it out this year and I can't wait!
    Yep, heard about Vannelli...

Comment

• Originally posted by streaker View Post
      Yep, heard about Vannelli...
      Sounds like Academics were an issue. Unfortunate. He's a talented kid.
      @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
      On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
      High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
        Sounds like Academics were an issue. Unfortunate. He's a talented kid.
        Red still thinks Minnesota is the team to beat this season in the B1G.

Yesterday was media day- here is an article from the detroit news:

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...text|FRONTPAGE

Comment

Additional Detroit News article:

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...text|FRONTPAGE

Comment

"THE ENVELOPE" arrived in today's mail. Season #21 for me.

The design of the tickets is a definite step down from previous seasons. Where they used to put pictures all there is now is the opposing team's logo, vs., and a maize block "M".There is also something in white behind the "M" but I haven't yet figured out what it is.

They consider the BC, BU, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and sparty games as "Premium" games with a $40 face value. The Waterloo and NTDP exhibitions have $20 and the rest (including the $uckeye$) are $30.
            Last edited by JoeZ; 09-20-2013, 12:37 PM.
            Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
            Row 1
            Seats 6 & 7
            Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post

They consider the BC, BU, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and sparty games as "Premium" games with a $40 face value. The Waterloo and NTDP exhibitions have $20 and the rest (including the $uckeye$) are $30.
              We have come a long way from the "pick six" (for $36 total) ticket packages of the mid-90's, haven't we?

/cranky older guy.
              Originally posted by Wreckincrew: "I nominate Clifton for a position on the NCAA Frozen Four host selection plan"

Comment

Originally posted by Clifton View Post
                We have come a long way from the "pick six" (for $36 total) ticket packages of the mid-90's, haven't we?

/cranky older guy.
                Ain't THAT the truth!

I never got any of those packages, I went straight to the season tix. If I remember correctly when I started it was about $125 for the season on the sides at the blueline. I think it was $560 this year.
                Row 1
                Seats 6 & 7

Comment

They consider the BC, BU, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and sparty games as "Premium" games with a $40 face value. The Waterloo and NTDP exhibitions have $20 and the rest (including the $uckeye$) are $30. [/SIZE]

I find it amaizeing (spelling intentional) that the O$U games are NOT "Premium" price.
                  Row 1
                  Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Ain't THAT the truth!

I never got any of those packages, I went straight to the season tix. If I remember correctly when I started it was about $125 for the season on the sides at the blueline. I think it was $560 this year.
                    The first year I applied, they were $159. The next year I got tickets, at about $359, I think. That was '98-99. The last year I had them I was paying about $860 for a pair.
                    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                      The first year I applied, they were $159. The next year I got tickets, at about $359, I think. That was '98-99. The last year I had them I was paying about $860 for a pair.
                      In my section a pair will go for about 850,00

Still not too bad, all things considered.

Comment

"THE ENVELOPE" arrived in today's mail. Season #21 for me.

The design of the tickets is a definite step down from previous seasons. Where they used to put pictures all there is now is the opposing team's logo, vs., and a maize block "M".There is also something in white behind the "M" but I haven't yet figured out what it is.

Funny. BU over OSU? Maybe they felt that it would be in poor taste just having PSU as the only B1G school not being premium.
                        Go Gophers!

Comment

Hey, Michigan Fans! It's your special day on /r/hockey on reddit.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                            Funny. BU over OSU? Maybe they felt that it would be in poor taste just having PSU as the only B1G school not being premium.
                            Compare BU's program to OSU's. I'd go to a BU game over an OSU game anytime . . . well, a BU hockey game at any rate.

Comment

went to buy tickets for the ohio state games and found no seats in sections 4 even the obstructed view seats i have sat in every time i come up to see the Buckeyes play. Did you guys get more season ticket holders this year? I did get tickets and only single tickets were available that surprised me as in the past i could get 2 seats together. Good Luck on the season see you in november.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                                went to buy tickets for the ohio state games and found no seats in sections 4 even the obstructed view seats i have sat in every time i come up to see the Buckeyes play. Did you guys get more season ticket holders this year? I did get tickets and only single tickets were available that surprised me as in the past i could get 2 seats together. Good Luck on the season see you in november.
                                I haven't heard about the total sold as season but they are selling "Pick 6" packages and singles so that tells me they are still down from where they were a few years ago.
                                Row 1
                                Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Working...
                                X