No announcement yet.

The Official "My team got screwed!" thread of the 2013 NCAA Hockey Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official "My team got screwed!" thread of the 2013 NCAA Hockey Tournament

Before starting your own thread, please view this public service announcement.

Please allow this thread to serve as your place to complain about the PWR, the committee, the smoke-filled room or your misinformed views about why undeserving teams like Wisconsin, Union or Canisius stole your team's spot. This is also a good place to ***** about your coach, the referees, the RPI formula, KRACH and the entire process.

This version of the thread even promises entertaining topics such as Penn State killing hockey, Joe Thornton being traded, Giada's Melons, Merrimack being kicked out of Hockey Rast, #26 Union, the playoff chances of St, Clooud, a symposium on the many hackings of Freddy Meyer and the always-popular college hockey video game.

We have the Waambulance standing by and extra tissues handy.

*****http://i28.***********.com/albums/c206/zimmie123/waambulance.jpg******
    *****http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/447/kleenex5e24f2crs1.jpg******

We also have several types of cheese to go along with whatever whine you prefer. We promise you'll get your just desevrings!
    Last edited by Priceless; 03-24-2013, 04:42 PM.

Re: The Official "My team got screwed!" thread of the 2013 NCAA Hockey Tournament

My school didn't get screwed, they screwed themselves. 22 straight years, Hell of a run. What can we do? It figures that it ends on a year when we are actually hosting a regional.
    Originally posted by alfablue
    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Re: The Official "My team got screwed!" thread of the 2013 NCAA Hockey Tournament

Joe Thornton was traded?

Comment

This thread would have been more fun if CC, Brown and Michigan had won autobids...but alas.
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
          This thread would have been more fun if CC, Brown and Michigan had won autobids...but alas.
          What I want to know is, how did the phrase "getting screwed" come to have a negative connotation? Never been a bad thing for me.

Comment

Pssst, it's kick {PROVICED OUT OF HOCKEY RAST! THEY NEVER DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!

Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

TIMMAY sucks.

I bet Giada has a lot of nice melon recipes.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

I want to know about the smoke filled room but the link doesn't work.
                Providence College
                National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

Originally posted by Netman View Post
                  I want to know about the smoke filled room but the link doesn't work.
                  Fixed.

Comment

How about WMU being out by dint of one overtime goal they gave up to SLU back on October 12th? Give them a tie in that game and they're seeded 11th and Yale drops to 17th. That game affected the ComOpp for WMU-Yale and Yale's ultimate RPI, as well as giving WMU a bunch of better comparisons. What better example of how the PWR is meant to be calculated after the season. Yale got in because of an SLU goal in overtime which was scored two weeks before Yale's season even started.

Comment

Originally posted by goblue78 View Post
                      How about WMU being out by dint of one overtime goal they gave up to SLU back on October 12th? Give them a tie in that game and they're seeded 11th and Yale drops to 17th. That game affected the ComOpp for WMU-Yale and Yale's ultimate RPI, as well as giving WMU a bunch of better comparisons. What better example of how the PWR is meant to be calculated after the season. Yale got in because of an SLU goal in overtime which was scored two weeks before Yale's season even started.
                      wow. It is amazing how one thing can change things like that. w

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                      What I want to know is, how did the phrase "getting screwed" come to have a negative connotation? Never been a bad thing for me.
                      oooh. That is a fantastic question.
                      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

My team didn't get screwed...my team didn't win enough games.

Ironically, if we hadn't taken the night off against Canisius in early October we'd probably be in.
                        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

I created a complete model of the system, found that my team had a 21% chance of making the tournament, BUT THEY DIDN'T MAKE IT! What are the odds of that? RPI was screwed. The PWR system needs to go.
                          RPI Class of 2012
                          Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Originally posted by rhamilton View Post
                            i created a complete model of the system, found that my team had a 21% chance of making the tournament, but they didn't make it! What are the odds of that?
                            79%?

Comment

How many years in a row has RPI lost to a lower seed in tournament? How long since they won a tourn game or scored a goal in tourn?

If you can't beat Brown at home in best of 3 you shouldn't go. Lose one, maybe. 2/3 at home, means stay home

Comment

Working...
                              X