No announcement yet.

The Official "My team got screwed!" thread of the 2013 NCAA Hockey Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official "My team got screwed!" thread of the 2013 NCAA Hockey Tournament

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
    People are right, this bracket is complete garbage! The Committee knows full well that Easter Sunday is the holiest day of the year in the Catholic Church, and yet they schedule BC for a game at 9 PM the night before. Why so late? Given that mass is at 8 AM you'd expect everyone to be asleep around that time.

And then to add insult to insult, they match us up against Union, who WON THEIR CONFERENCE TITLE! Look at who all the other two seeds got. Denver? They get UNH, who didn't even make the conference semifinals. North Dakota? They get Niagara. FOR REAL?! And then Miami gets St. Cloud State who, you guessed it, DIDN'T WIN THEIR CONFERENCE!

And if we do manage to get by the Union juggernaut, we have to play ON Easter, which will be extremely distracting.

It's amazing how badly the committee UTTERLY HOSED US this year. Hopefully BC finds the internal strength and determination to battle through it and make it to Pittsburgh anyway.
    St. Cloud State won the regular season WCHA title. They tied with Minnesota but won the tiebreaker for the #1 seed due to more conference wins. I'd have to say a regular season title is more indicative of a team's ability than winning a playoff title.

Comment

• He was joking. Anyway, just looking at old brackets

BC has gone west 3 times since 1992 (13 tourneys) and has a 4-1 record
      Nodak has gone east 4 times since '92 (15 tourneys) and has a 3-2 record
      Minnesota has gone east 3 times since '92 (15 tourneys) and has a 1-3 record
      “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
      Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
      Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
      National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

• Re: The Official "My team got screwed!" thread of the 2013 NCAA Hockey Tournament

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
        He was joking. Anyway, just looking at old brackets

Shhhhhhhhhhhh.............
        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
        Originally posted by Quizmire
        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by shepmitchell View Post
          why do i continue to read about boston college being screwed? if anybody got screwed it was quinnipiac having to get through bc to advance to the frozen four! maybe the committee could of split up minnesota and north dakota it seems every year those two teams are placed in the same region, bc has a cake walk to the FF and the wcha teams have to run into one another to make it there, is the committee afraid of an all wcha frozen four? i think so!
          They are very afraid of it and since it happened they have made it a point to make it impossible every year since.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU BlackandRed View Post
            St. Cloud State won the regular season WCHA title. They tied with Minnesota but won the tiebreaker for the #1 seed due to more conference wins. I'd have to say a regular season title is more indicative of a team's ability than winning a playoff title.
            So would you say that Quinni should be defaulted to recieve the title since playoff play has no bearing on a teams ability?

Comment

This thread is quality.
              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

• Originally posted by Maquegyver View Post
                So would you say that Quinni should be defaulted to recieve the title since playoff play has no bearing on a teams ability?
                That is absolutely Naht what he said.

Yeesh.
                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                  That is absolutely Naht what he said.

Yeesh.
                  Nothing distances WCHA fans from the rest of the country than the belief that the regular season title is more important than the playoff title.

That and having to deal with tArrogance all year.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                  -Blackadder
                  "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                  -Casablanca
                  "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                  -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                    He was joking. Anyway, just looking at old brackets

Don't confuse them with the facts!
                    Originally posted by mookie1995
                    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU BlackandRed View Post
                      No, not really. Jan **** to bed in their non-conference games this year. That's why they got the crappier seed. And they didn't exactly light the world on fire against Wisconsin at the Final Five either.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        No, not really. Jan **** to bed in their non-conference games this year. That's why they got the crappier seed. And they didn't exactly light the world on fire against Wisconsin at the Final Five either.
                        Minnesota won the McNaughton this year. They are regular season champions. SCSU are only co-champions.
                        "...and that only took six seconds!"

Comment

And if you followed Slap Shot's link, Whioux fans are complaining. I don't see too many MN fans complaining, and the ones that are, happen to be morons.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                            What kind of a solution is that? It's too late to win more games.
                            I still say we should have gotten in on name recognition, and because they'd sell more seats in the Grand Rapids regional. Isn't the NCAA all about $$$$$?
                            I'm sorry, but do you seriously think they should award slots based on name recognition? How do you think your school earned its name recognition? From being a hockey powerhouse for decades or from just sitting idly by and letting someone "place" you into the tournament because they like you.

My team didn't make the tournament either, and my thought is that maybe they should play harder and smarter next year so we aren't sitting here in the last two weeks wondering if all the "right" teams will win or lose accordingly to allow us to make it in to the bracket.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                              What kind of a solution is that? It's too late to win more games.
                              I still say we should have gotten in on name recognition, and because they'd sell more seats in the Grand Rapids regional. Isn't the NCAA all about $$$$$?
                              1+1=2
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                                SCSU got screwed as a 4 seed. Now the jokes about being one and done in the NCAAs aren't even as funny bc 4 seeds are supposed to lose.

Don't worry, the rest of us will still think they're funny.

Comment

Working...
                                X