Brown Hockey 2012-2013 : Climbing the ECAC Ladder, Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brown Hockey 2012-2013 : Climbing the ECAC Ladder, Part II

Getting close to the cut-off point of 1000 posts, so let's continue here with Part II until it is time for 2013-2014. I am still enjoying 2012-2013.

Re: Brown Hockey 2012-2013 : Climbing the ECAC Ladder, Part II

We could've had an offseason thread, but I suppose this will do the job.

Comment

Congrats to Brown. Played an awesome game tonight. Stayed with Union and gave them all they could handle. Nice run to finish the season. Nothing at all to be ashamed of. See you next season.
      Quinnipiac Bobcats
      2023 National Champions
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
      Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
        Congrats to Brown. Played an awesome game tonight. Stayed with Union and gave them all they could handle. Nice run to finish the season. Nothing at all to be ashamed of. See you next season.
        You get my vote for classiest non-Brown commentator on Brown threads. Thanks for the support, and see you next year!

- Darth

Comment

Originally posted by DarthBruno View Post
          You get my vote for classiest non-Brown commentator on Brown threads. Thanks for the support, and see you next year!
          Classy is not a word I would use to describe myself, but thank you anyway!
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
          Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good article on Brown in CHN:

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...ng_its_all.php

Comment

Great run. As disappointing as the Union game was, this is a team that appears to be heading in the right direction. Regardless, it's a tough pill to swallow knowing how close they came to hosting the regional at the Dunk. This summer can't end fast enough
              Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

I hope next year will be more progress, and not any sort of regression. I'd like to keep moving up the standings and push for an NCAA bid, even if we don't win the Whitelaw Cup.

I'm with Onion Man- this is going to be the longest seven months ever.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                  I hope next year will be more progress, and not any sort of regression. I'd like to keep moving up the standings and push for an NCAA bid, even if we don't win the Whitelaw Cup.

I'm with Onion Man- this is going to be the longest seven months ever.
                  I think anything less than a NCAA bid will be disappointing. It's clear judging by the size of the recruits coming in (some big boys) that Brown is going to try and play physical with the likes of Yale and Union. Pryzbek could be worth the price of admission on his own. Forget seven months, drop the puck already!!
                  Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                    I think anything less than a NCAA bid will be disappointing. It's clear judging by the size of the recruits coming in (some big boys) that Brown is going to try and play physical with the likes of Yale and Union. Pryzbek could be worth the price of admission on his own. Forget seven months, drop the puck already!!
                    That should be a good compliment to our smaller forwards (Lorito, Naclerio, Lappin, Lamacchia, Juola). I'm excited to see Hathaway and Robertson as seniors. Also excited to see Nate Widman and Kyle Quick as parts of what should be one of the stingiest defensive units in the league.

The goaltending situation will be interesting, though not necessarily in a good way. Is there any way Borelli can get a 5th year, since he didn't play at all in 2011-12? (Half-kidding)

I hope we make the NCAAs next year, but I don't think it'll be a disappointment if we don't. Keep in mind, despite our amazing playoff run, we were still a seven seed this year, and finished the regular season a game under .500.

Comment

Also: here's hoping Ryan Jacobson can get back to his freshman self. Before he got injured, he went through a sophomore slump this year.

Comment

Kudos to you guys on a great end-of-season run. Too bad about the last game, but you've obviously turned a corner with your program and will be giving us fits next season See you then.
                        COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Great season from Brown. Really gave Union all we could handle. I am confident that Brown will be a top team in the ECAC in the coming years. Really, really hoping Union ends up in your backyard of Providence. I'm ready to make all hotel/travel arrangements if that's the case (and I will likely be coming back here to ask you guys for advice on what to do while in town).
                          LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Brown fell a bit short of the goal to win an ECAC championship, but the program has been transformed over the past four years from the laughing stock of the college hockey into one that is respected for playing a skilled, intense, fast-paced, physical but clean game. It took five years for Bob Gaudet to take a Brown squad from last place to the ECAC championship game (coincidentally, losing by the same 3-1 score). It's taken Brendan Whittet four years. Brown has now made two trips to the ECAC Final Four under Whittet, finishing third in 2010 and second in 2013. It would not be surprising if Brown won it all next year. We're a bit ahead of schedule.

It's easy to forget how young this year's team is. Three of the top four scorers are freshmen or sophomores, including the top line of Matt Lorito (22-15-37), Mark Naclerio (6-17-23) and Nick Lappin (7-3-20). Freshman Brandon Pfeil (2-10-12) had a solid season at defense, and, in a limited capacity, freshman Joe Prescott (4-1-5) showed the potential to become a dependable goal scorer. Sophomore Matt Harlow (6-9-15) improved consistently throughout the season, and is poised to become of the most reliable forwards on this team. There's no reason to doubt that sophomore Ryan Jacobsen (4-6-10), whose season was cut short by a major injury, will return to the form he displayed as a freshman.

Four years ago no one could have predicted that the future of Brown hockey would look so bright.

Comment

Mike Rubin sends his thoughts along on the season. He sent this to me last night and asked if I could post. Good read with a humorous look in the footnotes for you.

http://excalibursportspage.com/2013/...-for-the-ride/
                              Win today and we'll walk together forever. -Ray Shero

Comment

Working...
                              X