This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Summer 2013 - Pizza Season

I think folks on here are discounting how important Dubuque could be to Jimmy. Him and his players have probably put a lot into the season and he might not want to see it be in vain. If there is a deal between him and Abbott I think its reasonable to believe this could be one of the conditions.

I don't think the administration would genuinely believe doing some fake review of the program is going to appease fans or bring them back in force. Its scary to think attendance was so bad last year coming off of a season where they made the HE tourney final and NCAA tournament. I can't imagine what it will be like this year if Timmy comes back.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
      Orono's prime location alone has to be worth at least a couple hundred grand to a guy like Gwoz, what with its stunning natural beauty, cultural diversity and close proximity to a world class city like Bangor.
      CARL-ton BAR-rett
      Da-da.......da-da-da

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        I think folks on here are discounting how important Dubuque could be to Jimmy. Him and his players have probably put a lot into the season and he might not want to see it be in vain. If there is a deal between him and Abbott I think its reasonable to believe this could be one of the conditions.

I don't think the administration would genuinely believe doing some fake review of the program is going to appease fans or bring them back in force. Its scary to think attendance was so bad last year coming off of a season where they made the HE tourney final and NCAA tournament. I can't imagine what it will be like this year if Timmy comes back.
        Really does anything make sense these days..in College Sports you have good and bad Adminstrations...look at Rutgers/Auburn...you wonder what there thinking,knowing full well that something is not right and either looking the other way or making the lame excuse...it's like Pro Sports if you don't have a good Owner(UMaine)coupled with a good G.M.(Abbott)...well you are for certain to have a half-a## product.(imo). We will find out in less then 2 weeks either for the good or for the worst. Bet @ the Frozen 4 in Pittsburgh this weekend the Rumor Mill will run rampant....like a Soap Opera 101.

Comment

Originally posted by Allagash View Post
          Nothing really makes sense to me with what umaine is doing right now. I believe if they were going to fire him it would have been done. Hope I am wrong on this one.
          Hard to imagine they don't have there mind made up yet, so if there minds are made up this 20 day evaluation is asinine, Just rip the band-aid off and get it done with.
          Haven't kept up with this thread carefully, so answer me this: Has the AD/administration actually acknowledged that they're "evaluating" whether to bring Timmay back or not, or is that speculation on y'all's part?

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
            Haven't kept up with this thread carefully, so answer me this: Has the AD/administration actually acknowledged that they're "evaluating" whether to bring Timmay back or not, or is that speculation on y'all's part?
            Hell yeah, the admin acknowledged they were doing a 3 week evaluation of the program, whatever that means.

I'm in the camp this is just politicial rhetoric to make it look like nothing was all that seriously wrong with the program but that the fans seemed to want something drastically done so they will look deeper into the coach and program to appease the fans. Ultimately, towards the end of this week they take the chicken chit approach and announce that Timmay hasnt done all that bad not to warrant granting him his last year of his contract, but also state things must improve or they'll be looking in a new direction. Typical easy-way-out and everyone is more or less happy approach. Ballz-less University answer is my guess, we've seen and heard it before.

Unfortuneately, attendance is going to suffer once again....thats the only thing that could possibly tip the decision in the direction of chit canning this chump Whitehead right now.

Oh, but they do get good grades, but basket weaving 101 doesnt prepare you much for life....but they're all aspiring pro hockey players...that wont happen, but for a few.
            Last edited by all bear; 04-07-2013, 05:37 AM.
            sure why not

Comment

Looking at the front page Quinnipaic story: Who knew that playing aggressive defense could be effective?

I can't see them bringing Whitehead back for the last year of his contract, without having something long term for him in place. If they were set on bringing him back, they would have said so right away. But bringing him back for his final year, and then terminating him is gonna be disastrous for the program. Who'll want to come here(well, who wants to come here anyway?) knowing that the coach who recruited them isn't gonna be there? Why should TIMMAY even give a crap if he knows he's done? Why should the players or the fans?

It'll be just sort of a season in limbo, with everyone just waiting to see how it's gonna shake out. And even if TIMMAY does have a decent season(what's decent, another 15-17, or 19-17 season?) I for one don't believe that's good enough to save his job. But who knows what the administration will think, given they were so thrilled with his .500 performance over the last half of the season? Maybe a new three year extension for him. And that's certainly the death knell for this program.
              Last edited by rufus; 04-07-2013, 06:41 AM.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

The University of Maine athletic department has truly jumped the shark. It's bizarre how this program is now operated. If we had any media people in Maine who had some balls (or cared?).......I'd love to see an in-dpeth report on the entire department and how it has been run over the past decade. I'm sure that there are plenty of people to interview (former players, coaches, etc.) who would love to open up about what transpired during their time in Orono. I think that the Freedom of Info act allows anyone to access public records (ie. finances and contracts).

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                  At Maine they play the Distraction Game...compared to UAA & Denver where they just conduct there Business,get it done and not in a Mickey/Mouse approach.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                    At Maine they play the Distraction Game...compared to UAA & Denver where they just conduct there Business,get it done and not in a Mickey/Mouse approach.
                    Yes........"Mickey Mouse" sums up UMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                      private institution (denver) vs. public... for all we know this three week period could be the "let's not draw ire from the governor's office over 'giving away' 190k, so let's say we are doing an in depth evaluation yada yada yada before making the move" period...

and UAA was 14-50-9 over the last two seasons... even whitehead outperformed that (34-33-11)...

we'll all know in about a week whether we'll be buying tickets for next season or not, and with that, what the likely long term future of the program is.

honestly, they are so many scenarios around why they are taking their time, speculating is almost pointless
                      Last edited by gscott13; 04-07-2013, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post

honestly, they are so many scenarios around why they are taking their time, speculating is almost pointless
                        Awful boring around here without speculation
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                          Orono's prime location alone has to be worth at least a couple hundred grand to a guy like Gwoz, what with its stunning natural beauty, cultural diversity and close proximity to a world class city like Bangor.
                          Don't forget that it's not city full of Ma55holes like Boston.
                          bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                          SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                          All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                          A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                            Don't forget that it's not city full of Ma55holes like Boston.
                            Yeah, better to be a city full of Meth heads, bath salt addicts and drunks.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                              ...But bringing him back for his final year, and then terminating him is gonna be disastrous for the program. Who'll want to come here(well, who wants to come here anyway?) knowing that the coach who recruited them isn't gonna be there? Why should TIMMAY even give a crap if he knows he's done? Why should the players or the fans?....
                              one can no longer be motivated to do his job, do it well, and earn a new contract?

the rest of us are at-will employees who can be let go... at any time.

you feel timmah can't handle a little heat?
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Last week of evaluation
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X