X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Summer 2013 - Pizza Season

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
    Wow. Gwadz gets fired at Denver and we keep putting up with TIMMAY time. Unbelievable. Are you freaking kidding me? What a f#ck#ng joke.
    Denver was d*mn lucky to kill off Maine's 3 man advantage to end that NC game!

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
      That was as nerve racking a minute or two as I've encountered watching college hockey. Thankfully though, it ended the way it did and it once again was TIMMAY TIME!!

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
        That was as nerve racking a minute or two as I've encountered watching college hockey. Thankfully though, it ended the way it did and it once again was TIMMAY TIME!!
        Coach Whitehead had a plan.......the players didn't execute it!

Comment

Had Walsh been coaching that game, Maine would have won going away as they had far more talent than that DU team, not to mention the 6 on 3 at the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            Personally responsible? Good way of putting it. All it really means is that diamond was surrounded with suckbag talent this year. You would never admit it but joey also contributed to the losing with all of his foolish, selfish penalties.

Anyway, if gwoz being fired doesn't wake up your AD, hard to imagine what will. Maine being good is better for the league.
            how many games of his to you watch this season?

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
              how many games of his to you watch this season?
              I was at every home game at Alfond Arena. Diamond did so many good things on the ice and won games. On the other hand, I agree with JD, he did many selfish and stupid things to cost his team wins (probably a wash). None were so selfish as those in the post season.

Comment

My voice was toast after that game. I couldn't speak for three days.
                Been a long time, been a long time been a long, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time

Thank you, Tim. You did what you could and could do no more.

Comment

Coach Whitehead had a plan.......the players didn't execute it!
                  Yeah...he was the only one in the building NOT yelling "Shoot IT!!!"
                  Been a long time, been a long time been a long, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time

Thank you, Tim. You did what you could and could do no more.

Comment

Gwoz isn't done coaching. Do we have a new generation Jeff Jackson if this thing ends up a bag job for Montgomery or Whitehead stays?

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                    43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                    104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                    3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

We were sitting behind the net in the corner and to this day NO WAY was there a man in the crease on that disallowed goal (well maybe an inch - and that's before they changed the rule so that now he can be in the crease as long as he doesn't INTERFERE - but it's too late for Maine). That last minute of the game with the 6 on 3 was one of the most incredible moments I can remember besides 2009 and two goals in less than a minute. (and no, Sandiegoblkbr I'm not following you around the threads )

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                        Except perhaps you don't want to make such a decision in the middle of the NCAA tournament. Right now, that's the big deal in college hockey. either ithe announcement takes the focus away from where it should rightfully be, the tournament(or such news atmaine would have a decade ago), or it gets lost in the weeds. Once the tourney's over is the right time to makew such an announcement.

Plus, the USHL season is also over then.
                        Totally disagree. I guess besides UAA canning Shyiak, Denver didn't see it this way either. All due respect, canning Whitehead is hardly going to take focus away from, or make a difference to, the NCAA Hockey Tournament. Gwozdecky is one thing. 19 years at DU, two NCAA titles, great success at the WCHA and the NCAA level, a lot of players in the NHL etc etc... That's major Div 1 NCAA hockey news.

Whitehead the poor dope, who can't find his a55 with both hands, won't even register in the national college sports press. Might make USA Today or the Globe. Might... The Globe will put it in the Obits or something. Who really cares except us Maine hockey fans?

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                          Wow. Gwadz gets fired at Denver and we keep putting up with TIMMAY time. Unbelievable. Are you freaking kidding me? What a f#ck#ng joke.
                          Yeah, the guy won two national championships, and got his team to the tourney again this season, and he gets chit-canned. And yet, it's taking a month to make a decision on Forever Five Hundred TIMMAY .

Oh, but all those Frozen Fours!! The Spencer Penroses!!!
                          Last edited by rufus; 04-02-2013, 05:06 PM.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            Yeah, the guy won two national championships, and got his team to the tourney again this season, and he gets chit-canned. And yet, it's taking a month to make a decision on Forever Five Hundred TIMMAY .

Oh, but all those Frozen Fours!! The Spencer Penroses!!!
                            C'mon, give the guy a break, after all, he's got "outstanding" talent coming back next year!

Comment

Uhmm, where is everyone tonight? Did TIMMAY get fired and you're all out getting drunk at the Oronoko?

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                                Uhmm, where is everyone tonight? Did TIMMAY get fired and you're all out getting drunk at the Oronoko?
                                CARL-ton BAR-rett ..... da-da.....da-da-da

Comment

Working...
                                X