PDA

View Full Version : PC Hockey - Construction Continues

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

satyking
03-23-2013, 08:18 AM
Time to set the next season up, we know this team is improving and with the year that has past and will only get better, lets shoot for the final 16 with our eye on Philly in 2014......we can get there !!!!

cavbim
03-23-2013, 08:42 AM
Time to set the next season up, we know this team is improving and with the year that has past and will only get better, lets shoot for the final 16 with our eye on Philly in 2014......lwe can get there !!!!

Clever title and literally true with biggest changes now beginning to Schneider

satyking
03-23-2013, 03:56 PM
It will be cool actually getting a parking space at a home game

The Zlax45
03-23-2013, 06:44 PM
Tentative Hockey East Schedule

PROVIDENCE COLLEGE
October
Saturday, 5 First allowable day of practice.
Friday, 11
Saturday, 12
Friday, 18
Saturday, 19
Friday, 25
Saturday, 26
November
Friday, 1 at Boston University
Saturday, 2 BOSTON UNIVERSITY
Friday, 8 MERRIMACK
Saturday, 9 at Merrimack
Friday, 15 at Vermont
Saturday, 16 at Vermont
Friday, 22 NEW HAMPSHIRE
Saturday, 23 NEW HAMPSHIRE
Tuesday, 26 at Boston College
Thursday, 28 Thanksgiving
Friday, 29
Saturday, 30
December
Friday, 6 NORTHEASTERN
Saturday, 7 at Northeastern
Sunday, 29 at Dartmouth Tournament
Monday, 30 at Dartmouth Tournament
January
Friday, 17
Saturday, 18
Friday, 24 UMASS-LOWELL
Saturday, 25 at UMass-Lowell
Friday, 31 BOSTON COLLEGE
February
Saturday, 1
Friday, 7
Saturday, 8
Friday, 14 NOTRE DAME
Saturday, 15 NOTRE DAME
Friday, 21 at Massachusetts
Saturday, 22 MASSACHUSETTS
Friday, 28 at Maine
March
Saturday, 1 at Maine
Friday-Sunday 7-9 Hockey East Tournament Opening Round (On Campus)
Friday-Sunday 14-16 Hockey East Tournament Quarterfinal Round (On Campus)
Friday-Saturday, 21-22 Hockey East Tournament Championship Round (Boston, MA)

The Zlax45
03-23-2013, 07:01 PM
PC will open the home portion of the schedule against Miami (OH) according to a Mark Divver tweet last week.

They are also going to Colorado College according to a Denver paper in Jan. http://blogs.gazette.com/collegehockey/2013/03/13/wednesday-reading-holiday-hockey-u-s-ntdp-tryouts-nchc-success/

cavbim
03-23-2013, 09:01 PM
Nice weekend for former Friar star and assistant Rick Bennett.......also for a Friar connection to Union, Wayne Simpson their leading scorer is big brother of Brooke Simpson who had a good year for PC's women's team

Route44 Friar
03-23-2013, 09:50 PM
It will be cool actually getting a parking space at a home game

Where will the added parking be? I know they're renovating the lobby, weight rooms, training rooms but I'm not completely up on everything going on with the renovations. The parking situation at Schneider certainly is a hassle to say the least as it is now. I also saw a video board could be added, where would that fit? Can't wait to see the renovations next year and can't wait to see next year's team in general. Hopefully Gillies comes back to.

chrisP
03-23-2013, 10:11 PM
PC will open the home portion of the schedule against Miami (OH) according to a Mark Divver tweet last week.

They are also going to Colorado College according to a Denver paper in Jan. http://blogs.gazette.com/collegehockey/2013/03/13/wednesday-reading-holiday-hockey-u-s-ntdp-tryouts-nchc-success/

Wonder if the the deal with Colorado College is a home-and-home, and they come to Schneider the following year. Nice to get big non-conference games at PC again.

The Zlax45
03-23-2013, 10:45 PM
Wonder if the the deal with Colorado College is a home-and-home, and they come to Schneider the following year. Nice to get big non-conference games at PC again.

I would expect it is...Bertgana I guess is making sure the lower level Hockey East teams get some of the "Bigger" teams in their home rinks and not just doing guarantees with the extra OOC games.

kdiff77
03-23-2013, 10:50 PM

I heard Brown will be playing those two teams in January as well. I wonder if we're traveling together?

MikeLogan
03-24-2013, 06:51 AM
The non-league beakdown look like this:

Home:
Miami (2)
Minnesota St (2)
Army
Uconn
Brown
two more tba (could be one home and one away)

Road:
Quinnpiac
Colorado College (2)
Dartmouth tourney with Northeastern, Dartmouth...don't now the 4th team or matchups yet

Colorado College wll come to PC in 2014-15...there is talk of going to North Dakota in 2014-15...nothing final yet

The Freds
03-24-2013, 08:34 PM
Nice to see Jon Gillies save against BC touted as one of the top plays of the season on the NCAA selection show.

Next season's schedule is looking rather exciting if you ask me.

MikeLogan
03-25-2013, 03:23 PM
Chris Rooney and Alex Velisheck are playing with Wheeling in the ECHL for the remander of their season.

F O F room fan
03-25-2013, 08:27 PM
Report out of Boston: David Quinn to be named BU head coach tomorrow. Good for him!

PC91
03-26-2013, 07:11 AM
I'm very excited about the schedule for next year and the hope of similar quality teams to be scheduled in the coming seasons.

Miami is a great opponent to start off what should be another exciting season and I'm looking forward to the trip to CC. I've been to Hanover for their Holiday Tourney before and it's a nice time. I would love to see Providence play the Sioux the following season if at all possible. Things are looking up for the program!

Best of luck to the HE teams in the NCAA's and to our Union friends!

Friartown
03-26-2013, 12:11 PM
It was nice to see the announcers last night on ESPN2 mention the Friar hockey team and to say they NCAA snubbed them.

satyking
03-26-2013, 06:22 PM
It is tough to see a team you owned all year in the tourney just because they are the hosts.....so why is Brown missing in Providence......

ClOuD 9
03-26-2013, 06:36 PM
It is tough to see a team you owned all year in the tourney just because they are the hosts.....so why is Brown missing in Providence......
I can't tell if you are serious or if this is a wind up... UNH is in the NCAA's because they are 7th in the pairwise; UNH hosting in Manchester has nothing to do with them getting in to the NCAA's, it only means that if they do get in they have to play there.

satyking
03-26-2013, 06:39 PM
Well if they play as they always do its 1 and gone.....the skating Mother Teresas choke again

Go-UML
03-26-2013, 06:54 PM
It was nice to see the announcers last night on ESPN2 mention the Friar hockey team and to say they NCAA snubbed them.As much as I would have loved to see you guys there, when you end up 22t in the PWR and you're not going, that's not a snub. Being in a 4-way tie for 12th and two get in and you're one of two that don't, that might be a snub.

If there's one thing I've learned about TV announcers and college hockey, it's that they'd keep snopes.com **** busy pushing the 'False' button....