This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season 2013 Part I: We Will Get Our Title Next Season

Today is 13 April 2013. There are 175 days (25 weeks) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October 2013 for the start of next season.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Thanks, Papa Baer.
      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by Volbeat16 View Post
        Offseason Injury Update:
        -Tinordi had knee surgery on his MCL this week (Tuesday or Wednesday) and is in a full leg stabilizer with crutches. His return is unknown until it is determined if the surgery worked or not
        -Higgs has a minor injury, still able to participate in most activities like lift, but still being monitored
        -Rogic is being monitored very closely during his lift. It is likely his lower back
        -Miller has been in the training room for his shoulder for the last couple of weeks
        -Schroeder has almost fully recovered

Those are the notable injuries with Tinordi having the most severe and Rogic having another concerning one. Lots of other players just have the normal after practice and lift woes. This is information from another RPI athlete.
        Thanks for the update. If indeed the MCL was the only problem for Tinordi, the recovery should be rapid and uneventful. Usually relatively easy and quick to see the results for the medial side of the knee-as long it is just the MCL. If there is involvement of the meniscus or ancillary injury to the posterior cruciate (the so called Terrible Triad) then all bets are off. Thankfully this does not sound like an ACL issue. Keeping fingers crossed as I figure him to be a major contributor on a very good team next year.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          Is there anyone named White who would be available to be the co-coach?
          Well.. Tim Whitehead just got the sack at Maine. That's close.

Comment

Contract extension for Appert - signed to RPI through 2021.

http://rpiathletics.com/news/2013/4/...413135122.aspx

Carry on.
            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post

Carry on.
              The email just greeted me as I got home.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Carry on.
                Should we begin our search for 2022 now?
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Carry on.
                  Decent counter-offer. Not seeing it as safety, though, since the same was done by Leaman.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    Decent counter-offer. Not seeing it as safety, though, since the same was done by Leaman.
                    Conceivably that is correct, but if he still leaves, he was lying through his teeth:

“I am thrilled to be at RPI, where we continue to build our program the right way,” Appert said. “I am humbled by the support and belief that Dr. Jackson, Dr. Sams and Jim Knowlton, as well as the alumni and fans, have shown. I am proud of our young men and look forward to leading them in pursuit of championships at RPI."

I prefer to believe that he means it.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Conceivably that is correct, but if he still leaves, he was lying through his teeth:

“I am thrilled to be at RPI, where we continue to build our program the right way,” Appert said. “I am humbled by the support and belief that Dr. Jackson, Dr. Sams and Jim Knowlton, as well as the alumni and fans, have shown. I am proud of our young men and look forward to leading them in pursuit of championships at RPI."

I prefer to do so, too. He is a great guy, and I would be absolutely thrilled to see him continue here. As much as Fridge was entertaining (at least from 33), Appert's style has brought a renewed excitement to RPI hockey, and makes me happy to support it.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                        Why wait for 2022? What if he leaves in the next hour?

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                          Nope, but you should if the Minnesota job opens up.
                          Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                          dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                          wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

"I'm excited as heck," Appert said about stay with the Engineers. "I appreciate the support (the school has) shown me through my career, in hard times in the early years and now as we've been contending."

RPI, coming off a second-place finish in the ECAC, is returning a team that should be able to contend for a title. That, plus the excitement surrounding the league's impending national champion team, makes staying with RPI attractive.

"It shows you can win anywhere," Appert said. "I believe that, I believed it when I got here. But now we have two teams playing for a national championship, and we finished in second place in that league. The way college hockey has shifted, you see our league's commitment to playing for championships."

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...rpi;_signs.php

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                              Nope, but you should if the Minnesota job opens up.
                              We will get anxiety when any higher profile job opens.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

"I'm excited as heck," Appert said about stay with the Engineers. "I appreciate the support (the school has) shown me through my career, in hard times in the early years and now as we've been contending."

RPI, coming off a second-place finish in the ECAC, is returning a team that should be able to contend for a title. That, plus the excitement surrounding the league's impending national champion team, makes staying with RPI attractive.

"It shows you can win anywhere," Appert said. "I believe that, I believed it when I got here. But now we have two teams playing for a national championship, and we finished in second place in that league. The way college hockey has shifted, you see our league's commitment to playing for championships."

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...rpi;_signs.php
                                Did he really say "heck"?
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X