X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season 2013 Part I: We Will Get Our Title Next Season

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Assuming this is not an April 1st thing, I think it would be entirely possible.
    Its real -- DU press release is out. Presser tomorrow at 11AM. Some speculation that a contract extension had been in the works, but that a meeting with brass did not go well today, leading to Gwoz's exit. I don't think Seth will be on any short list - Blasi and Motzko (just to name two) both have DU ties, have done far more in their leagues, and the post season. If he's interested, I gotta think Rico is a short lister. They'll certainly move fast -- in order to try to stem any possible recruit defections. Even though the rumors surrounding him have been re; the AHL, I gotta think Monty would be a contender, if he wanted to throw his hat in.
    Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 04-01-2013, 02:29 PM.
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
      Its real -- DU press release is out. Presser tomorrow at 11AM. Some speculation that a contract extension had been in the works, but that a meeting with brass did not go well today, leading to Gwoz's exit. I don't think Seth will be on any short list - Blasi and Motzko (just to name two) both have DU ties, have done far more in their leagues, and the post season. If he's interested, I gotta think Rico is a short lister. They'll certainly move fast -- in order to try to stem any possible recruit defections.
      Do you think that SAJ would counter with either a hefty raise or contract extension from our side of the aisle?

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
        Will Appert be considered for Denver job? Would he consider leaving RPI?
        I have to imagine that this would be one of only two jobs he would consider leaving for, at this point.
        Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Do you think that SAJ would counter with either a hefty raise or contract extension from our side of the aisle?
          I have no idea what the DU salary range is, but assuming its roughly double that of RPI, I'd say probably not. She'd probably wish him luck and shake his hand.
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Already got the contract extension. Probably wouldn't offer same money as Denver. Coaching in the NCHC would probably be the main motivator for wanting to leave. I'm guessing Seth would be on the short list but also at the bottom of that list.

Comment

I have no idea what the DU salary range is, but assuming its roughly double that of RPI, I'd say probably not. She'd probably wish him luck and shake his hand.
              True. It's possible he has an exit clause for Denver or Ferris.

However, one possible glimmer of hope: Denver supposedly sacked Gwoz for lack of success in the national picture. I hate to give the right-handed reassurance, but we might be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
                Already got the contract extension. Probably wouldn't offer same money as Denver. Coaching in the NCHC would probably be the main motivator for wanting to leave. I'm guessing Seth would be on the short list but also at the bottom of that list.
                An extension beyond the 2016-17 offered the last time we made the tournament? Or are you referring to that one?

Comment

True. It's possible he has an exit clause for Denver or Ferris.

However, one possible glimmer of hope: Denver supposedly sacked Gwoz for lack of success in the national picture. I hate to give the right-handed reassurance, but we might be safe.
                  I asked the question on the DU thread, but its possible that his salary was low by "big boy" program standards -- that might've led to what sounds like a blow-up during the meeting with A.D. Given his recent extension, Seth may not be making that much less than Gwoz was making....probably all wrong, but just a thought.

Comment

An extension beyond the 2016-17 offered the last time we made the tournament? Or are you referring to that one?
                    That one.

Comment

Threadsters report that $221k was Gwoz' base salary....

Comment

Threadsters report that $221k was Gwoz' base salary....
                        I could almost live on that-but we might have to give up a couple of our cars and sell some of the jewelry.
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                          I could almost live on that-but we might have to give up a couple of our cars and sell some of the jewelry.
                          I'll take the Audi off yer hands....but am not a fan of pinky rings.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                            Would you end up buying it back?

Comment

Personally I don't think that SA would be offered the DU job under these circumstances. FlagDUDE is a more likely choice.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                Personally I don't think that SA would be offered the DU job under these circumstances. FlagDUDE is a more likely choice.
                                I'd take it!

Comment

Working...
                                X