X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season 2013 Part I: We Will Get Our Title Next Season

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Hello to all constituents here.
    After much consideration, I must announce my leaving this board.
    Past happenings have led me to this inevitable decision.
    Please note that this has nothing to do with anyone personally.
    You have all been a great inspiration to me.

At this time, there are a few that I'd like to thank.
    Please allow for this one moment of humility.
    RPI has been an absolute inspiration to us all.
    It has been an absolute privilege to enjoy her greatness.
    Lasting memories will always be kept in my heart.

First, I would like to thank Without a Peer for their fine commentary.
    In addition, AspyDad for his bombastic crusade against the ECAC officials;
    Ralph Baer for his statistical dedication to this program;
    Seth Appert finally for once again reigniting the program to national prominence.
    Thank you all for your time.
    If we are to take this seriously, you will be missed.
    However, today is April first.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

Comment

You had me until this

Seth Appert finally for once again reigniting the program to national prominence.
      Then I remembered the date and realized this had to be an April Fools joke.

Comment

Hello to all constituents here.
        After much consideration, I must announce my leaving this board.
        Past happenings have led me to this inevitable decision.
        Please note that this has nothing to do with anyone personally.
        You have all been a great inspiration to me.

At this time, there are a few that I'd like to thank.
        Please allow for this one moment of humility.
        RPI has been an absolute inspiration to us all.
        It has been an absolute privilege to enjoy her greatness.
        Lasting memories will always be kept in my heart.

First, I would like to thank Without a Peer for their fine commentary.
        In addition, AspyDad for his bombastic crusade against the ECAC officials;
        Ralph Baer for his statistical dedication to this program;
        Thank you all for your time.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laxyoaHOP1c
        I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

...first letter of each line...
          RPI Pep Band
          GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
          🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
          2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
          2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
            ...first letter of each line...
            a

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
              Conner Hellebuyck may be our insurance policy to keep Kasdorf for four years.
              He has had a great year and is still playing. 5th round draft choice of the Jets could get the call before Jason.
              C'mon EHF ....see post #51.
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

I think it is a bit interesting that our record against the Frozen Four this year is 3-2-1. (With the 2 losses coming pretty early in the season before we turned it all around).
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                  I think it is a bit interesting that our record against the Frozen Four this year is 3-2-1. (With the 2 losses coming pretty early in the season before we turned it all around).
                  ...which makes the 1-2 ending even more disappointing....still
                  Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                    ...which makes the 1-2 ending even more disappointing....still
                    If anything, it just shows the lack of transitivity in sports. In layman's terms, it's basically the rock-paper-scissors dilemma. Therefore, in order to win, you not only have to be good, but you have to be incredibly lucky in facing the right opponents. Sure, we had Yale's number. Brown has had our number in the playoffs for the past decade (taking into account we've faced them 3 times and lost all three series). Throw in Kepler's first and second laws if you really want to. The list goes on, but I'm sure you get the point by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                      C'mon EHF ....see post #51.
                      Similar, but different.
                      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                      Benjamin Franklin
                      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                      Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                        Good Doctor, I thought the same thing. I love the NC schedule we play. We did some good work against these teams. I'm sure you won't be surprised that I think this thing is headed back in the right direction.
                        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                          Good Doctor, I thought the same thing. I love the NC schedule we play. We did some good work against these teams. I'm sure you won't be surprised that I think this thing is headed back in the right direction.
                          Yes-but for years i had hoped we would have gotten to that stage before I was on Social Security and Medicare. We are getting there-with a few ups and a few downs mixed in. The saving grace throughout all of this is the quality of the boys we have had in this program. The boys and the families that choose to come to Troy are just amazing to me. Year in and year out, regardless of the performance at the end of the year-we have had just a great group as part of this program. The countdown until next year cannot progress fast enough for me.
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Will Appert be considered for Denver job? Would he consider leaving RPI?

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
                              Assuming this is not an April 1st thing, I think it would be entirely possible.

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
                                Dunno. Yes.
                                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Working...
                                X