PDA

View Full Version : HEA Awards Predictions

Pages : [1] 2

defkit
03-18-2013, 06:50 PM
Well I was going to post how the All-Rookie team could literally have 6 unanimous selections:

Kevin Roy - NU (Led team in scoring)
Danny O'Regan - BU (Leads team in scoring)
Devin Shore - Maine (Led team in scoring)
Mike Mattheson - BC (second leading scoring d-man in HEA)
Matt Grzelcyk - BU (third leading scoring d-man in HEA)
Jon Gillies - PC

Then I saw that Hellebuyuk from Lowell is crushing everyone stats-wise in goal, though he played in only about 15 games. So the goalie pick may not be unanimous. And yes, I know, defensive defensemen should get some consideration too. But they don't usually for these awards.

ROY will come down to Gillies and Roy. And despite having the perfect name for it, I think Roy loses out to Gillies. Or at least I think he should.

POY - Gaudreau - BC - he may have cooled off for a period there, but he still won the league scoring title by 4 points.

COY - Bazin - UML - first team ever besides the "Big Four" to win the RS title.

mookie1995
03-18-2013, 07:35 PM
rookie of the year - mattheson

mvp - gaudreau

defensive fwd - arnold

coach of the year - york

goalie of the year - milner

sportsmanship - bc

carltonbarrett
03-18-2013, 07:45 PM
Looks about right to me except for Milner.

Goldie
03-18-2013, 07:55 PM
F- Gaudreau- most points- most assists
F- Collins- 2nd in pts.- 2nd assists
F- Whitney- 18 goals- third points
D- VanRiemsdyk- 1st D scoring- 19 assists
D - Knodel - 2nd D scoring - 9 goals
G- DeSmith- Best GAA of full time goalies ( sorry Hellebuck- not enough minutes )

J.D.
03-18-2013, 08:23 PM
POTY: Whitney (best +/- between guys under consideration; more consistent than gaudreau)

ROTY: Gillies

COTY: Leaman

Sportsmanship: UNH

Defenseman: Tough one. TVR for offense or Houk for defense...Hockey East loves splitting these awards so why can't I

All Hockey East:

Whitney
Gaudreau
Collins
Houk
TVR
DeSmith

Rookies:

O'Regan
Roy
Shore
Matheson
Grizzlick
Gillies

CollegeHockeyRinkReport
03-18-2013, 08:32 PM
My awards ballot for the Hockey East Writers and Broadcasters Association Awards at http://sbn.to/117t4VC.

carltonbarrett
03-18-2013, 08:44 PM
My awards ballot for the Hockey East Writers and Broadcasters Association Awards at http://sbn.to/117t4VC.

Come on, Gaudreau is averaging 1.49 PPG vs Collins' 1.00 PPG. Not even close....

Patronick
03-18-2013, 08:45 PM
1st Team
F: Whitney
F: Collins
F: Gaudreau
D: Van Riemsdyk
D: Ruhwedel
G: Gilles

2nd Team
F: B. Arnold
F: Pendenza
F: Rodriguez
D: Heywood
D: Gryzelcyk
G: Hellebuyck

Rookie Team
F: Roy
F: Shore
F: O'Regan
D: Gryzelcyk
D: Folin
G: Gilles

ROTY: Gilles
POTY: Gilles
Defensive Defensman: Ruhwedel
Defensive Forward: B. Arnold
COTY: Bazin
Sportsmanship: UNH

mookie1995
03-18-2013, 08:51 PM
twitter reporting wey won the defensive poy

CollegeHockeyRinkReport
03-18-2013, 08:53 PM
Come on, Gaudreau is averaging 1.49 PPG vs Collins' 1.00 PPG. Not even close....

Both are deserving. I love how Gaudreau plays. He was terrific at the WJC, but even a BC fan like you would have to admit he wasn't as consistent the second half. Collins is too slow. He'll never make it in pro hockey. He's good for the college game. However, tell me this. If Collins was on a line with Whitney and Mullane for much of the season, he'd have more points than he did. And, if Gaudreau was on a line with Toomey/Christie/Gould, he'd have fewer points. Both Collins and Gaudreau make the players around them better, but Gaudreau had more support. That's my argument.

Tater
03-18-2013, 08:58 PM

Gaudreau at 1.33 and Collins at 1.19. I believe they only use conference stats.

REDMEN2002
03-18-2013, 08:59 PM

You are right. Only conference stats. Have to think it goes to Gaudreau but I wouldn't be upset if Collins gets it.

J.D.
03-18-2013, 09:00 PM
twitter reporting wey won the defensive poy

Whose? His own? ;)

Patronick, some interesting selections. Only thing I would question is not having Matheson on the all rookie team. He leads all rookie d in PPG and tied for +/- with +12 in 25 games. Although wouldn't surprise me at all to see all three named to the team.

carltonbarrett
03-18-2013, 09:02 PM
Fair enough, but (A) Gaudreau scored 50 percent more PPG (B) pretty sure he played injured after the WJC's (C) he wasn't BC's only option, while Collins was clearly the main guy at MC and thus likely saw more ice/PP time. Again, I respect your view but think Gaudreau will win it going away.

J.D.
03-18-2013, 09:02 PM
Collins is almost 23 as a junior...edge to younger player ;)

mookie1995
03-18-2013, 09:04 PM

brian, carlton is ALWAYS right!!! :D

CollegeHockeyRinkReport
03-18-2013, 09:06 PM
Fair enough, but (A) Gaudreau scored 50 percent more PPG (B) pretty sure he played injured after the WJC's (C) he wasn't BC's only option, while Collins was clearly the main guy at MC and thus likely saw more ice/PP time. Again, I respect your view but think Gaudreau will win it going away.

I agree that Gaudreau will probably win, but my premise is simple. Collins would have more points than he did if he was on a line with Mullane and Whitney. Gaudreau would have less points if on a line with the MC guys. Both of Gaudreau's linemates are 100+ scorers. Again, Gaudreau will be a better pro. Collins is too slow.

carltonbarrett
03-18-2013, 09:09 PM
I think lately he's been skating on a line with Arnold and Straight, hasn't been with Whitney in some time.

J.D.
03-18-2013, 09:10 PM
I agree with that assessment, but I don't think that should be the determining factor in who wins POTY. To me, it's simply who was the best player...purely an individual award. If it were more of an MVP award, maybe Collins would have an edge because he means more to his team than Gaudreau does to BC (maybe).

Carmine Scarpaglia
03-18-2013, 09:47 PM
However, tell me this. If Collins was on a line with Whitney and Mullane for much of the season, he'd have more points than he did. And, if Gaudreau was on a line with Toomey/Christie/Gould, he'd have fewer points.

Wow genius stuff here.