Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union Hockey 2012-2013 Part II - See U in AC, But Ultimate Goal Still Lies Ahead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Union Hockey 2012-2013 Part II - See U in AC, But Ultimate Goal Still Lies Ahead

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
    If you were to tell me in, say, 1999, that Brown and Union would one day play each other in the ECAC Championship, I'd have laughed hysterically. That speaks volumes about the advancements of each program- especially Union, becoming a national power. We're hoping Brown is on the road to that right now.
    Or even 5-6 years ago.. yeah, they would have said you were ready for the loony bin. Whittet definitely has Brown moving in the right direction and a couple more talented recruiting classes and you'll be there for the long term. Wonder if Kevin "You Know Who!" is still happy about his choice to switch to the last place team in HE??????
    UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

Re: Union Hockey 2012-2013 Part II - See U in AC, But Ultimate Goal Still Lies Ahead

I hope Yale makes it. Otherwise it will be just two teams from the ECAC
      Last edited by Dutchman; 03-23-2013, 08:55 PM.
      DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
      DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Congrats to the classiest team and fanbase (excluding the guys making poop chants with three minutes left in the third) in the ECAC. Well deserved. Make us proud in the NCAAs.

Hopefully we'll see you in Providence next week.

Comment

Nice job by Rick Bennett getting team back on track the last month. Congrats
          Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Congrats Union! If it couldn't be us, glad it was U. Awesome game tonight. Hats off to Brown for staying with you all night as well.
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
            Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Way to beat those ivies.

Comment

I was calm all day till I got to my seat and then it kind of hit me. The team looked a bit tight in the early going as well but Troy kept us in it. This was a hard fought gritty battle with little flash. Brown never quit but Union and in particular Troy would not be denied. This team struggled early this season to find its identity but they have and the result is back to back championships. How sweet it is!

Comment

Wow, what a weekend!! It is amazing how this team suddenly gelled in the last 4-5 weeks.. I guess some teams just take longer than others. The coaches really pushed all the right buttons to get the team to this spot, including the low point of the Simpson benching in Ithaca.. that really was the turning point. While I know I can't reasonably expect this to happen every season, it is no less satisfying this season and I still too clearly remember the single-digit win seasons to take this for granted. The Novak-Sullivan-Hatch line was just incredible all weekend and can't say enough about Troy MVP! Congratulations to all the coaches and players and enjoy!!

Comment

Hoisting the Whitelaw -

Comment

Some of the early speculation around NCAA brackets and playoffs has UNION and QUINNIPIAC in the same Region (Providence) despite them being possibly the only two ECAC teams. I believe that this is a great disservice to both teams and negates any chance that two ECAC teams can make the Frozen Four. This same disservice occurred two years ago when UNION and YALE where put in the same Region with Duluth, who beat them both and went on to the national title. Somehow when its time the bend the rules to make things fit, the ECAC gets scr*wed.

I believe that both UNION and QUINNIPIAC (and YALE if they get in) can make the Frozen 4 this year. Last year had Cornell scored one more goal we might have had two ECAC teams in the Frozen Four.

I just feel that the ECAC is stronger this year than last and that if they can seed the NCAA tournament in a fair way, not driven by money, they can show the rest of College Hockey just how good they have become.

Any thoughts?
                      DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                      DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                        Some of the early speculation around NCAA brackets and playoffs has UNION and QUINNIPIAC in the same Region (Providence) despite them being possibly the only two ECAC teams. I believe that this is a great disservice to both teams and negates any chance that two ECAC teams can make the Frozen Four. This same disservice occurred two years ago when UNION and YALE where put in the same Region with Duluth, who beat them both and went on to the national title. Somehow when its time the bend the rules to make things fit, the ECAC gets scr*wed.

I believe that both UNION and QUINNIPIAC (and YALE if they get in) can make the Frozen 4 this year. Last year had Cornell scored one more goal we might have had two ECAC teams in the Frozen Four.

I just feel that the ECAC is stronger this year than last and that if they can seed the NCAA tournament in a fair way, not driven by money, they can show the rest of College Hockey just how good they have become.

Any thoughts?
                        Depends if Union is a 3 or 4 seed. If they end up a 4 seed then there is no way they are in same bracket as Qpac (teams from same league can't play in first round). If they are a #3, then I guess it is possible if they think it would help attendance. Happened 2 seasons ago with Yale & Union. But seems that the best bet is U goes out west as either a 3 or 4.

Edit: actually, looking at the Pairwise Predictor U is pretty well assured of being a #3 regardless of who wins CCHA (Michigan or Notre Dame). Will likely play either BC, UNH, North Dakota, Miami or Notre Dame.
                        Last edited by ADK11; 03-24-2013, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Catching up with former Union star Adam Presizniuk, who talks about his Union career, his time in the pro ranks, and what he's doing now: http://t.co/4K8bZKy6Rz

BTW - NCAA selection show is at 9 PM on ESPN U.

Comment

Impressions of the ECAC tournament in Atlantic City.

Comment

Just back from AC, and just like last year ran into the team at the Ramapo rest area...good sales day for Quiznos. Say what you will about AC, my personal recollections of these two champinship weekends will be fond ones. It is unfortunate that more fans couldn't attend, but it is a big trip. Toledo would present similar difficulties in terms of travel and expense but that's the way it goes. I know we've been down this road before, but what a regrettable move by the League with the whole AC issue.

Obviously things get even tougher now but anything can happen at this stage, the thrill ride continues.

Comment

Just have to drop a note of congratulations to you guys. Watched the game last night and saw the Union that I think people are accustomed to. Good luck to you guys in the dance...I hope that you go far.

Comment

Working...
                                X