Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech Offseason I - New teams, new scoreboard, new goals... bring it on!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Offseason I - New teams, new scoreboard, new goals... bring it on!

Up Up and Away

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech Offseason I - New teams, new scoreboard, new goals... bring it on!

Originally posted by giwan View Post
      Up Up and Away
      http://www.mtu.edu/webcams/ice-arena/motion.html
      Originally posted by SCSU Euro
      What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Houghton, We have landing

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
          Apparently there was a hiccup with Zelzer and he will not be attending Michigan Tech. Matt Wintjes officially announced his commitment today. He'll be the 3rd goalie on the roster for this coming season. He's currently 19 and an OJHL all-star.

http://theworldofjuniorhockey.blogsp...igan-tech.html
          "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Alright boys and girls. WCHA won the vote on Over the Boards so Michigan Tech's recruits will be featured on July 16.
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
              WCHA won the vote on Over the Boards
              No sh*t.

Glad to hear it.

Comment

We have video!!

Comment

Originally posted by ColoToot View Post
                  We have video!!
                  YES and in full testing mode. Is that piece on the floor the underneath section of the board?
                  Last edited by giwan; 06-12-2013, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                    YES and in full testing mode. Is that piece on the floor the underneath section of the board?
                    I believe so, it was hanging off there during parts of the lifting of the scoreboard.
                    MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                      I believe so, it was hanging off there during parts of the lifting of the scoreboard.
                      Image and motion looks sharp thru the webcam. What about in the seats?

Comment

Love the score MTU 32 NMU 0 and its still the first period.

Comment

Well guys, here's some kudos to your town. My parents, after hearing some of the hockey shenanigans over the years, decided to see what the fuss about Houghton was all about, and spent a few days there, and that area (similar to the bar-loop the MN fans made last year).

They loved it. Highlights were Eagle River Falls, Suomi's (they bought 3 loaves of the sweetbread), and the general nice-ness of the people in the area. They get why the MN fans go back every year (and that doesn't include any tales of ribaldry!). Also, they mentioned that Hancock seemed to be not a clean town, and praised Houghton for striving to be something to attract tourists. I laughed at that one, and said that many in our group, and Michiganders, agree on.

Anyway, keep doing what you're doing!
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Hancock continues to lag behind, sadly. They were supposed to be working on a downtown development plan like the one Houghton laid out five years ago, but they have a lot more progress to make than Houghton ever did. When over a third of the bars & restaurants are either for sale, have changed hands, or closed in that same five year span, you know they're in trouble. And Houghton's housing is plainly better kept.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              Hancock continues to lag behind, sadly. They were supposed to be working on a downtown development plan like the one Houghton laid out five years ago, but they have a lot more progress to make than Houghton ever did. When over a third of the bars & restaurants are either for sale, have changed hands, or closed in that same five year span, you know they're in trouble. And Houghton's housing is plainly better kept.
                              Note: I guess the DT hotel is for sale. It might have been so before, but never noticed. And my parents mentioned that they'd pass one house in Houghton that was amazing, and then the next was pretty much done for. Random. Dunno what part they were looking at, but I could see if it was in the college resident area....
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                Note: I guess the DT hotel is for sale. It might have been so before, but never noticed. And my parents mentioned that they'd pass one house in Houghton that was amazing, and then the next was pretty much done for. Random. Dunno what part they were looking at, but I could see if it was in the college resident area....
                                I assume your parents either refer to the whole area as "Houghton", or spent most of their trip only traveling the College Ave/Sheldon Ave/Quincy St/US-31 corridor. In my experience, Hancock is clearly worse off than Houghton, despite having the "modern" skyscraper . Cruise down Hancock's residential streets, and the poverty and lack of upkeep is a lot more apparent than in most of Houghton.

Comment

Working...
                                X