PDA

View Full Version : Tis the MSU-EL Offseason

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

owslachief
03-17-2013, 09:33 PM
I didn't expect it to come on a Sunday night in CCHA playoff week 2, but here we are. Important for the program to find some respectability, and going 6-5 in the last 11 is a positive way to contemplate the next 27 weeks.

aallenpollreisz
03-17-2013, 09:40 PM
Given how the season started, ending the campaign 5-5-0 (and with a playoff series win in Fairbanks) is totally fine with me. Granted, I'm not expecting MSU to be a world beater in the B1G next season, but I do feel optimistic again. It was a really strong last five weeks of play.

Hey! College hockey apocalypse time!

Spartanforlife4
03-17-2013, 11:02 PM
Any rumors on scheduling? So far we have @Houghton and the GLI. 10 more games to fill, hoping it's loaded around 8/2 with home vs away.

aallenpollreisz
03-18-2013, 01:25 AM
That's all I've seen, too. GLI and a non-conference series at MTU on Nov. 8 and 9. Apparently, Hollis is offering a bunch of two-for-ones.

IMO, in a perfect world, MSU would have lifetime home-and-homes with BGSU, WMU, Notre Dame and Lake State.

bluevox
03-18-2013, 07:26 AM
I was pulling for you guys. If things worked out right, we could have played in the Final-final for the chance to bring the Mason Cup to the B1G.

Nice run to the end of the season.

owslachief
03-18-2013, 08:26 AM
That's all I've seen, too. GLI and a non-conference series at MTU on Nov. 8 and 9. Apparently, Hollis is offering a bunch of two-for-ones.

IMO, in a perfect world, MSU would have lifetime home-and-homes with BGSU, WMU, Notre Dame and Lake State.

To me it would make perfect sense to play lower Mich. schools every season - FSU and WMU. That would pack 'em in, and it would be a shame to jettison those quick-travel rivalries.

Reffner88
03-18-2013, 09:01 AM
Fire Comley!!! Oh thats right he is GONE!!!!!!!!! Good Luck

aallenpollreisz
03-21-2013, 12:15 AM
Is it October yet? No? Wait, it's still March?! We still have to endure summer?! Geez, this offseason is going to be brutal.

Any word on whether the script alternates will return next season?

owslachief
03-21-2013, 11:17 AM
Is it October yet? No? Wait, it's still March?! We still have to endure summer?! Geez, this offseason is going to be brutal.
Check back occassionally :D

aallenpollreisz
03-22-2013, 04:03 AM
Is it hockey yet? No? Well, darn.

Anyway, to answer my previous question: Per an Anastos tweet, the script alternate sweaters will be back next season.

This news makes me quite happy.

owslachief
03-23-2013, 09:31 AM
Something a little off about the others so, glad for the scripts.

While in Muskegon this weekend watching some of the Spartans' future, I was pretty geeked about Muskegon native Justin Abdelkader getting 4 points last night, with a career-first hat trick.

Spartanforlife4
03-26-2013, 11:50 PM
According to the MSU hockey twitter, UMass-Lowell and BU will be on the schedule next year. They also reported Anastos said it was "important to maintain some relationships with schools in state."

Assuming no trip to Alaska, there's 34 games next year. 20 taken up by conference so 14 non-conference.

We already have the GLI, going to MTU, and now apparently Lowell and BU. Assuming those are two games series and not a pre-season tournament or 1-and-1 with UM, we're down to 6 games for "in-state relationships."

NMU has reportedly said no to any deals, so that leaves FSU, LSSU, and WMU.

aallenpollreisz
03-27-2013, 04:07 AM
I was wondering when we'd make that return trip to UML.

EDIT: And, apparently, it'll be in 2014-2015. Both UML and BU come to Munn next season.

aallenpollreisz
03-27-2013, 04:19 AM
Also, IMO, if MSU signed lifetime contracts for home-and-homes with LSSU, WMU, BGSU and Notre Dame, I'd be completely fine with that.

aallenpollreisz
03-27-2013, 09:16 PM
Krug was recalled to Boston today. Playing right now against Montreal. Has an assist thus far.

owslachief
04-08-2013, 10:59 AM
In recruiting / future Spartan news:
NHL Central Scouting is expected to release their final 2013 draft rankings today. Thomas Ebbing was somewhere in the 4th or 5th round in the midterm rankings and he may be there again.

Meanwhile the OHL conducted its draft: D Zach Osburn went in the 11th round. D Nick Boka (former commit but could still come back to the fold) went in the 6th round.

Biddco
04-08-2013, 12:41 PM
Going with the school location in your thread title? I approve!

owslachief
04-09-2013, 12:46 PM
Going with the school location in your thread title? I approve!
Thanks :) The kine are green here ... however, I think it's enough to know that East Lansing is not Mankato. I am half-tempted to also spell it out a bit more because the "L" does not stand for "Landfill" - we're more of a glacial till-sort of area.

Apparently the final list does not come out until much later, unlike the last 3 years - so oops on the last post.

aallenpollreisz
04-25-2013, 07:48 PM
Per tLSJ, MSU's getting a new Swedish import next season (http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/article/20130424/GW03/304240083/Swedish-forward-commits-Spartan-hockey). It'll probably take a while for him to get acclimated to North American hockey, but he looks like a really solid get.

Great size, too. 6-foot-1 and near 200 pounds.

I'll buy and donate a Swedish flag to the student section.

Patman
04-26-2013, 11:05 PM
Per tLSJ, MSU's getting a new Swedish import next season (http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/article/20130424/GW03/304240083/Swedish-forward-commits-Spartan-hockey). It'll probably take a while for him to get acclimated to North American hockey, but he looks like a really solid get.

Great size, too. 6-foot-1 and near 200 pounds.

I'll buy and donate a Swedish flag to the student section.

It didn't take our swede didn't long but your mileage may vary