PDA

View Full Version : UAA Seawolves offseason thread- time for change

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Suze
06-06-2013, 07:00 PM
She got worse when she moved to Palmer home of the UA_ Experiment farm. Something in the dirt I think.:D

Hey, I'll take Palmer over Anchorage ANY day. ;)

Alaska Hockey
06-06-2013, 07:10 PM
Remember you are a nobody in Palmer till your name is written on the Palmer Water Tank.

Suze
06-06-2013, 07:23 PM
Remember you are a nobody in Palmer till your name is written on the Palmer Water Tank.

Too funny ... but that's okay with me, I'll be a nobody thank you very much. :)

uaafanblog
06-06-2013, 07:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LjsOoO0VdM

Jimjamesak
06-06-2013, 07:41 PM
This thread is still has traction? Let me guess: Cobb is fired and running for Governor of Alaska to be followed by a quick failure as the Republican VP candidate highlighted by his hockey dad/folksy ways and UAA ends the 2013-2014 season under .500.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRsDvWI-WlHlGGYqxMRSvfgDwgvvs6yopRqGtZVLaXNOmfEyndmSg
http://pinkie.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw9444-Wrong_Neighborhood-Luna.jpg

Seawolf Fan
06-06-2013, 09:13 PM
Suze, I live in Anchorage and everything is close, including Seawolf hockey at the Sully, however I gotta agree with you on the Palmer thing except for the drive. Small town atmosphere and the best casual restaurant in the state. That one in the hotel on main street. And I aint climbing a water tower to put my name on it.

Seawolf Fan
06-06-2013, 09:37 PM
I attended all of the last Coach Meet & Greets and plan on attending all of them next week. Not going tonight. Tonights guy was less than lacking to run our program when he was here last time and I don't see how he could improve enough in the short period of time since he was last here to warrent listening to him a second time. God forbid he should be hired. That would be enough to turn me into a "brownmustgonow" type a guy. Not really. But the guy is just not of the caliber we're looking for.
For those interested it's at 7 pm. The planners must be expecting a large turnout seeing they say it's in the Cafeteria not Lucy"s.

drcobbmustgonow
06-06-2013, 10:47 PM
Recheck your name. Doesn't appear to me you plan on letting go of anything.
You're even upset with the "positive" thread. That's a laugh.
Who cares which thread is being used? I started the "positive" thread to try to steer the conversation to promoting Seawolf hockey. You haters just moved over there. Cobb lovers? The way you talk you'll only be happy when the conversation is censored to your hate point of view. I'm gonna nuke the "positive" thread and move back over here just to avoid having someone post something to promote Seawolf hockey and having it be missed due to two threads

Ya...I'm working on changing the user name. I bet you'd have some good suggestions.

Live and let live Fanatic...I have my opinions and you have yours. I'm pretty sure I haven't attacked you lately. You're beginning to come across as a cyber bully.

--Dre

Seawolf Fan
06-06-2013, 11:10 PM
Ya...I'm working on changing the user name. I bet you'd have some good suggestions.

Live and let live Fanatic...I have my opinions and you have yours. I'm pretty sure I haven't attacked you lately. You're beginning to come across as a cyber bully.

--Dre
only with negative people....and they deserve worse than bullying
anything positive to Seawolf hockey is a good name

Seawolf Fan
06-06-2013, 11:13 PM
And are you going to any of the meet and greets
Dont read anything bullying into that...just a question

GatorGirl
06-06-2013, 11:28 PM
I wouldn't discount Brown's caliber, character, passion or professionalism. Just saying...everyone of the apps have enough experience to warrant respect...and anyone of them could give it a shot. It's always all a roll of the dice with all the variable factors...imho

Honest question, how did his visit last time show he was less than lacking to run our program...and I am aware of the numbers.

hockeytownak
06-06-2013, 11:46 PM

...not tonight but I'm going to try real hard to make the others.

--Dre (http://hockeytownak.blogspot.com)

Seawolf Fan
06-06-2013, 11:48 PM
I wouldn't discount Brown's caliber, character, passion or professionalism. Just saying...everyone of the apps have enough experience to warrant respect...and anyone of them could give it a shot. It's always all a roll of the dice with all the variable factors...imho

Honest question, how did his visit last time show he was less than lacking to run our program...and I am aware of the numbers.
He came across as over anxious, desperate is the way I'd describe it. Made many excuses as to why he stayed in a lower division. It appeared he didn't feel confident enough to apply for any other D1 school. Then look at the numbers. Not a winner by any stretch of imagination. Hows he going to walk in here and win? Just didn't come across as D1 material.

Seawolf Fan
06-07-2013, 12:13 AM

Good name

GatorGirl
06-07-2013, 12:31 AM
He came across as over anxious, desperate is the way I'd describe it. Made many excuses as to why he stayed in a lower division. It appeared he didn't feel confident enough to apply for any other D1 school. Then look at the numbers. Not a winner by any stretch of imagination. Hows he going to walk in here and win? Just didn't come across as D1 material.

Thanks!

I don't know who will get the position....I just don't like assumptions about a quality guy to carry through, which I can tell you, for what its worth, is not the case. The numbers of course are what they are. imo He was not desperate by any means. Brown is very comfortable in his skin and what he stands for...he truly was excited, hey, nothing wrong with that. When he coached here before, he made it his home not just a stop over. imo He didn't make excuses, they were explanations to "us", so we would understand his history. Why not any other D1 schools, imo he really wanted to come here...

How's anyone gonna walk in here and win...

It could happen!

Suze
06-07-2013, 12:33 AM
Thanks!

I don't know who will get the position....I just don't like assumptions about a quality guy to carry through, which I can tell you, for what its worth, is not the case. The numbers of course are what they are. imo He was not desperate by any means. Brown is very comfortable in his skin and what he stands for...he truly was excited, hey, nothing wrong with that. When he coached here before, he made it his home not just a stop over. imo He didn't make excuses, they were explanations to "us", so we would understand his history. Why not any other D1 schools, imo he really wanted to come here...

How's anyone gonna walk in here and win...

It could happen!

Brownie may have been nervous, he might give everyone a completely different impression this time.

Suze
06-07-2013, 12:34 AM

If anyone does make it, please post your thoughts. We have company in town so we won't be at any of the meet n greets. :(

GatorGirl
06-07-2013, 12:41 AM
got a report small numbers....13 plus maybe. Ch 2 was there, Charlies opinion on tweeter, haha, 5 more to see

shame cause it might be a good opportunity to see their adaptive skills and their opinions about the mess going on

Alaska Hockey
06-07-2013, 12:43 AM
What not proud of you handle? I say keep it you were so happy with it. But I can understand your thinking.......I can go hide under a rock now ...... and pretend to be the new shiny star of UAA Hockey you could be…………… Purple Pony, the purple telletubiehas ready been given out....sorry.

Live and let live Fanatic...I have my opinions and you have yours. I'm pretty sure I haven't attacked you lately. You're beginning to come across as a cyber bully. Don’t swing your purse at me I forgot mine and my arm is tired from swinging it for the last 3 weeks because of all the rocks in mine.

hockeytownak
06-07-2013, 01:29 AM
What not proud of you handle? I say keep it you were so happy with it. But I can understand your thinking.......I can go hide under a rock now ...... and pretend to be the new shiny star of UAA Hockey you could be…………… Purple Pony, the purple telletubiehas ready been given out....sorry.

Don’t swing your purse at me I forgot mine and my arm is tired from swinging it for the last 3 weeks because of all the rocks in mine.

I'm certain that I told you 3-4 weeks ago that I'd come up with something new as soon as UAA does. I believe this has happened.

Keep up the good fight! Maybe one day you'll catch your tail.