Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2013 Oswego State Post/Pre-Season Thread - "Love All, Serve All"...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Official 2013 Oswego State Post/Pre-Season Thread - "Love All, Serve All"...

Originally posted by Ozz View Post
    Do you have a link? Tried looking this up and can't find it anywhere..
    Could be here.
    Larry Normandin
    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Re: The Official 2013 Oswego State Post/Pre-Season Thread - "Love All, Serve All"...

Warning: this is tough to watch...

WNYO and Oswego State Hockey Play by Play Announcer 2009-13 currently broadcasting for the NAHL's Keystone Ice Miners and still loving DIII hockey

Comment

I can honestly say I have never been more disappointed when leaving a rink than I was Saturday. To watch those guys come so far yet again only to revert back to the same ways that found them on the losing end the three prior trips was truly painful to watch. They didn't play a crisp, high energy game like they had been doing and the Bluegolds made them pay for it.

It has been a great four year ride with this group and although I would have loved to see them win it all, it just wasn't to be. They raised the bar very high for future Lakers, as did Mike for future broadcasters. Us fans will now be measuring future teams against this group and fair or not anything less than a trip to the final four will now be considered an off year.

Mike I had a few relatives that are not huge fans listen to this past weekends games and they could not believe you were a student and not a hired professional. I will definitely miss the highlight videos with your stellar play by play as well as the occasional broadcast of games I can't make it to. I wish you good luck in the future and I hope to hear you on a professional game soon.

Comment

From the Oswego website about Selleck....

http://athletics.oswego.edu/news/201...318135650.aspx
          Jim Reisdorf
          Standing on the Rail #59

jim@loremans.com contact me for all your custom embroidery, engraving and screen printing needs! check out our website... www.loremans.com

Romney will be missed by all that have been there for the great match ups between Platty and 'Wego!!!

After Closing out Romney the right way, We opened the new rink the right way.... another loss for the Lakers!

St. Louis is a BUM!!!!

Go Sabres!!!

Comment

Easy Big Fella!

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
            I'm going to try and convince the GF that going to see the Panthers play ...
            Congratulations! Is this a new development? Unless she's a hockey aficionado, might want to go easy on the hockey-centric dates until you've been together a couple of decades;<)

Comment

Originally posted by LoudHorns31 View Post
              From the Oswego website about Selleck....

http://athletics.oswego.edu/news/201...318135650.aspx
              I'd imagine he will drop his gloves tonight and not burn'em

Comment

I thought Fitzgerald got drafted by the LA Kings, right? Did he never play for them?

Either way, Selleck actually playing in an NHL game is huge! TOTALLY watching tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by OSUPBPMike View Post
                  Warning: this is tough to watch...

10-4 hard to watch,man was that a bad bounce off the boards....THANKS for all the video and play calling Mike,lets us know where ya land I am sure it will be a good place........

Comment

Originally posted by toto238 View Post
                    I thought Fitzgerald got drafted by the LA Kings, right? Did he never play for them?
                    Obviously, drafted and playing are two different things. Selleck wasn't drafted, but he did sign a two-way contract with Florida, as opposed to signing a minor league contract like most undrafted players do.

Potsdam had a player drafted (Howie Vandermast with the Islanders) but never played. On the flipside, Chris Lee did not get drafted, but did play exhibiton games for the Islanders and Penguins (and was called up once by Pittsburgh during the regular season, but never suited up).
                    Russell Jaslow
                    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                      Obviously, drafted and playing are two different things. Selleck wasn't drafted, but he did sign a two-way contract with Florida, as opposed to signing a minor league contract like most undrafted players do.

Potsdam had a player drafted (Howie Vandermast with the Islanders) but never played. On the flipside, Chris Lee did not get drafted, but did play exhibiton games for the Islanders and Penguins (and was called up once by Pittsburgh during the regular season, but never suited up).
                      So basically after a long series of near misses, finally a SUNYAC player will be playing in the NHL. I have a lot of pride for the fact that he's from Oswego State. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Comment

So basically after a long series of near misses, finally a SUNYAC player will be playing in the NHL. I have a lot of pride for the fact that he's from Oswego State. Wouldn't have it any other way.
                        A Plattsburgh goalie sat on the bench as a backup with the Rangers. So, technically, he beat Selleck.

But, is there anyone else out there who got into an NHL game?
                        Russell Jaslow
                        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

This is awesome! Congrats to Eric Selleck ... I wish I would have opted for that NHL Center Ice package, darn it. Hopefully he'll be up for more than one game. The following game is against the Rangers and I get the MSG Network! Would love to see him and Stu Bickel square off.

Comment

Carolina has been asked to put fresh batteries in the smoke alarms in the visitors locker room. (that's an "in" joke)
                            Oswego State 1980 Grad
                            (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

still wish he finished his four years at Oswego, but good for him. I'll watch an NHL game for once to see how he does.
                              http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

Originally posted by OSU2010 View Post
                                still wish he finished his four years at Oswego, but good for him. I'll watch an NHL game for once to see how he does.
                                He was one of the extremely rare cases where he'd gain nothing from staying additional years (from a hockey standpoint). He was dominating on the ice, physically he was way too mature for the league, and he knew he'd make his money with his physical play in the pros. A no brainer to leave rather than risk injury continuing to play in D-III.

Comment

Working...
                                X