Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2013 Oswego State Post/Pre-Season Thread - "Love All, Serve All"...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official 2013 Oswego State Post/Pre-Season Thread - "Love All, Serve All"...

Originally posted by OSU2010 View Post
    I've heard we have 18 recruits this season, so theres two we haven't yet hear about, I hope they're D1 Transfers
    ...20...when I was on campus for Reunion, the number was 20...and growing...how, I don't know...
    LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

• Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
      ...20...when I was on campus for Reunion, the number was 20...and growing...how, I don't know...
      wow 20, that's impressive
      http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

• Re: The Official 2013 Oswego State Post/Pre-Season Thread - "Love All, Serve All"...

I think 20 sounds about right, as I am sure all will not make it to school ..i.e. we had 3 recruits last yr and 2 showed up, the other was at Neumann i believe......we seems to have a lot of guys who were middle of the pack players,this may be done by committee as they say this yr..only a few guys who look to be top d3 as players" on paper", but ya NEVER know do ya, will make for a interesting beginning of the yr...enjoy your 4th

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
          I think 20 sounds about right, as I am sure all will not make it to school ..i.e. we had 3 recruits last yr and 2 showed up, the other was at Neumann i believe......we seems to have a lot of guys who were middle of the pack players,this may be done by committee as they say this yr..only a few guys who look to be top d3 as players" on paper", but ya NEVER know do ya, will make for a interesting beginning of the yr...enjoy your 4th
          Lot of prime scoring spots to replace. Everyone coming in will have plenty of opportunity to earn big time minutes.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

True. This is the way it is in a rebuilding year. One never knows until the first game what you are getting. But, hey, every good team starts somewhere and Oswego always manages to put together a skilled team and I'm sure this year will be no different. As a Cardinal fan, I have seen this happen time and time again. I always kind of looked forward to it. Just saying.

Comment

I'm not too worried just yet. The last time that Oswego "re-loaded" after losing about a dozen seniors they won the SUNYAC championship.

If we really have 20 people coming in, that's great. Though even if 3 or 4 of them flake, there's going to be a number of freshmen who don't get any icetime at all this season (or close to none). While it's nice to have the backup, the fact that there's only 2 seniors this year could mean that those freshmen who don't become a regular could be looking at 2 years of little to no icetime. We could have a Stan Smrke situation where they get dissatisfied and leave for a better opportunity somewhere else. We already have 10 guys coming back this season, so if all 20 of the new guys show up in September, that's a 30 person team. Having too many people can be harmful too.

So question posed here, of the recruited guys we know of so far, who is looking to be the top 3 forwards? I know you can't really replace a line like Rodrigues/Whitelaw/Moodie, but which guys look like they could shine? Just based off of what I'm seeing it looks like Gosek might be trying to put together a more defensive team this time around. It's a valid strategy, though I'll miss the 10-1, 8-3, 6-0 blowouts.

EDIT: Also a brief look at Plattsburgh's recruits this year shows a lot of the same types of guy with the notable exception of Koerner. The numbers he put up in juniors were Whitelaw-esque. A definite potential candidate for rookie of the year.
              Last edited by toto238; 07-03-2013, 07:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by toto238 View Post
                . It's a valid strategy, though I'll miss the 10-1, 8-3, 6-0 blowouts.

Did the 10-1, 8-3, 6-0 blowouts produce a national champion?
                GO LAKERS!!!
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

Comment

From what I understand, Koerner of Plattsburgh is the real deal. I don't know about Whitelaw comparisons......??? (but wouldn't that be cool!!)

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                    Did the 10-1, 8-3, 6-0 blowouts produce a national champion?
                    Yes.. 2007...

10/15: Morrisville 9-1
                    11/10: Fredonia 8-0
                    12/1: Potsdam 8-1
                    12/8: J&W 9-1
                    12/9: J&W 15-0
                    1/26: Brockport 6-0
                    2/9: Potsdam 8-1
                    3/10: Norwich 3-0

Ok ok 3-0 is not a blowout but I couldn't help myself
                    Oswego'08, '10

From the shores of Lake Ontario to the island of Hilton Head...

2011-2012 SUNYAC Pick 'Em Champion!
                    2011-2012 D3FHL Overall Points Champs!

Comment

Originally posted by Ozz View Post
                      Yes.. 2007...

That made me smile.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ozz View Post
                        Yes.. 2007...

I was talking about the departed group of seniors in the class of 2013?
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

Ok looks like # 17 in the books....matt Galati 6' 1" 200lbs right winger in the OJHL...this yr he had 30g 21a for 51pts in 54 games...in his 3 yrs that I read in the OJHL he played for 2 different teams each yr??????????,and was said he has a " edge",not to many penalty minutes so who knows...Looks like a good size kid with a knack for the net,about a pt a game in his OJHL career,about half goals.....ok bring'em on more recruits a little more, his 30 goals was 11th in the league not bad and was 3rd in playoff scoring with 27pts and 12 goals for the Chapionship team..looks to be a keeper unless he travels around the SUNYACS like he did the OJHL
                          Last edited by bakdraft21; 07-03-2013, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Maybe he could travel around the SUNYAC like a kid named John Vashaw did back in the '80's. He started at Plattsburgh in '84-85 then transferred to Geneseo after sitting a year or so. But he wasn't done yet !! Another transfer to Oswego followed and that's where he finished up around 1990 !!! Anyone else know of a "3 teamer" ??

Comment

Originally posted by admiral0417 View Post
                              Maybe he could travel around the SUNYAC like a kid named John Vashaw did back in the '80's. He started at Plattsburgh in '84-85 then transferred to Geneseo after sitting a year or so. But he wasn't done yet !! Another transfer to Oswego followed and that's where he finished up around 1990 !!! Anyone else know of a "3 teamer" ??
                              yes I remember him

Comment

Has anyone else noticed that Fredonia's recruits this year are pretty impressive? Some of those guys were probably sought after by Platty and Oswego but they went with Fredonia. I guess the opportunity to be a star in Freddy appealed more than being a regular contributor at Oswego.

It looks like Plattsburgh has picked up some impressive forwards this year. But what's really stood out to me in Oswego's recruitment is the quality of the goalies they recruited. These two new guys look to be top-of-the-line and add in the recruit from last year and you have 3 goalies that could start for any team in D3. Realistically speaking, at least one of those goalies is not going to get a lot of time for awhile. One could end up being like a Dan Brown goalie who is very good but seldom used. Players have left other teams due to frustration related to those issues though. Something to consider.

Now here's the million-dollar question. Where are all the D1 transfers?

Comment

Working...
                                X